The online racing simulator
Mountain Drifting
(62 posts, started )
Mountain Drifting
I Really really think in s3 or something there should be chioce of mountain drifts 1 on 1 tournaments and such what do you think?
#2 - Gunn
IRL Touge only contains minimal drifting and is mostly just like normal racing. Although Touge is the roots of the modern "sport" of drifting there is no such thing as mountain drifting races in real life despite popular misconceptions to the contrary. As 1 on 1 touge races only involve two competitors I can't see a wide appeal for this format in LFS where most people seem to be looking for more cars in their races, not less.

Many members have requested mountain tracks for LFS and if this ever occurs you can just stage your own 1 on 1 touge (or whatever you want to do) and I expect you would be quite satisfied.
^ What he said.

Also there is an improvements section for this kinda thing
-
(Schooner) DELETED by Schooner
"1 on 1 drifting."

you forgot to say... "IN A GAME"

Racing while drifting is POINTLESS. think about it..... real hard illepall
#5 - shim
if ya want 1on1 drifting, enter a drift comp, nearly every comp out there that i know uses this for the finals if ya can make it that far.. PDS (professional drift series) is startin up soon and info is on LFS-T

http://www.lfs-torque.net/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl
Id love to see a touge track in S3. Put the god of all touge tracks in there as a matter of fact; dragon range from enthusia.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Can't be "Too gay", that would be too ironic..........

Dan,
Quote from thisnameistaken :Is "Touge" pronounced "Toog" or "Too gay"?

Too gay is close, IMO would said more like Toe gay.
As for a touge track could be fun but when i go drifitng i like joining the chains of 5 or 6 cars sometimes.
its pronouced "toe gay" like you have ten toes and Ellen degeneres .

yeah... a request for a touge/targa/hillclimb/downhill race has been requested a million times.

the search button is your friend

well the japanese rednecks pronouse it toe-gay at least
could be fun to have that touge track they use in bestmotoring
yeah it would be tons of fun. wether it be one way or something like the swiss stroll track from racer
http://www.racer-xtreme.com/prod/swiss-stroll/

i understand the devs have goals and steps already planned and dont want to lose focus... but it would be nice

fernbay green is quite nice but i'd like something with even steeper inclines/declines/undulations twisty corners and stuff
Hell yeah, i'd be up for some touge runs. Just need a real twisty mountain side track

I rocked at "Initial D" at timezone

It's pronounced "too-zsh"
i have never heard anyone pronounce it "too-zsh:banana_ra
#14 - Gunn
Quote from Shinanigans :

Sorry mate, it isn't.
Touge is literally "mountain pass" and the Japanese character for the word originated from the Chinese characters for "mountain", "up" and "down".
Being a Japanese word the "ge" on the end is pronounced "geh" with the short "e" vowell sound having perhaps a slight hint of the short "a" vowell sound.

The confusing part is that to English-speaking people the word looks quite French, not Japanese!

Really?

Ok, sorry for my misleading post.

Always thought of it as toozsh illepall hehe
Quote from danowat :Can't be "Too gay", that would be too ironic..........

Dan,

nice one
id like to see a razor ramon initial d episode =)
Quote from Shotglass :id like to see a razor ramon initial d episode =)

Oh yes. Razor Ramon appears as a backround character, how funny (or absurd) would that be.
i rather see him as buntas old rival ... probably just because id love to see buntas reaction when he starts dryhumping either him or his son
Quote from Matrixi :Oh yes. Razor Ramon appears as a backround character, how funny (or absurd) would that be.

i actually made a HG skin if anyone wants it hardogei!!! Yaaaaahooooo!!!!! saysaysaysaysaysaysaysaysaysaysaysaysaysaysaysaysaysaysaysaysaysaysaysay
haado gei skin hooooo !
in other words ... please post your skin
i obviously didnt spend alot of time on it just made it real quick

u can modify the skin any way u want
Attached images
XRT_HardoGei.jpg
Haaaado Gay Desu~ say! say! say!

I would be too worried to use that skin online, people who don't know HG might think I'm not exactly a straight person.
might be a good idea to use it in a drfiting compo ... if the trailing driver sees sumitani on the door hell probably start laughing and lose concentration
Quote from Shinanigans :Hell yeah, i'd be up for some touge runs. Just need a real twisty mountain side track

I rocked at "Initial D" at timezone

what are you.. eyetalian? (taken from the movie grumpier old men)

i thought it was just... said like toge
Quote from KurtG85 : dragon range from enthusia.

A drift track like this wouldn't be much different from a mountain rally stage, so the racers can race the mountain and the drifters can drift the mountain. It would appeal to many people the rally fans and the drift fans. It would be nice to have two different layouts one that goes one direction that stays tarmac and one that goes the other way that changes to gravel or dirt.

Mountain Drifting
(62 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG