The online racing simulator
Dynamic weather based on internet weather service...
Too get true dynamic and realistic weather it would be nice to make the weather change based on some internet weather service. Then you have to check the weather service on race day. It would be cool for leagues
Quote from bluejudas :Too get true dynamic and realistic weather it would be nice to make the weather change based on some internet weather service. Then you have to check the weather service on race day. It would be cool for leagues

Yes it would be cool hope they add it where are the devs have a brake or working on the next patch?
you get this is Microsoft Flight Sim and it works great! Makes things unpredictable but also uncontrollable by the league or race host! Gives everyone a equal opportunity!
ya i suggested this a long time ago back in RSC where it got a +1 from just about everyone

since then there have been like 50 other people suggesting this

anyways.. we dont even have rain yet, so dont count on it anytime soon
If it was suggested 50 times.. then its 51 now
52, i'm going to raise this again next month
i .. stopped counting after i saw a 2nd one lol
as for this whole idea anyway, until we have a "real" base for LFS and the correct amount of grip and the way it works and stuff, until then we shouldn't see any weather, but once thats all done and correct and stuff i think its easily assumable that we will have weather; not necesarily real weather but... weather nonetheless, that would obviously have to come later
#8 - Jakg
Quote from faster111 :Yes it would be cool hope they add it where are the devs have a brake or working on the next patch?

it has been disussed many times, more of a thing for S3
No thanks. I live in Seattle and most of the tracks in LFS are in Western Europe. The last thing I want is to drive in the rain EVERY SINGLE RACE!
Quote from XCNuse :ya i suggested this a long time ago back in RSC where it got a +1 from just about everyone

since then there have been like 50 other people suggesting this

anyways.. we dont even have rain yet, so dont count on it anytime soon

You probably weren't the first either :P.
pretty positive i was as many replies i got
but im not dead positive, im sure someone thought of it before, but i never saw anything out there

i think it was in that big thread that i did with all sorts of suggestions including moving clouds (which is still a good idea)

and the infamous post from bunta about the bird dropings just to add the realistic effect lol
Quote from Cue-Ball :No thanks. I live in Seattle and most of the tracks in LFS are in Western Europe. The last thing I want is to drive in the rain EVERY SINGLE RACE!

Not always, I was in New York last week with work and it rained nearly every day...come home to just north of London on Saturday and the last couple of days and it's been hitting 30c (84 Fahrenheit) with bright sunshine and not a cloud to be seen.....
lol.. you do know about seattle though right?

seattle has the highest suicide rate in the world because of its terrible weather depresses everyone there
I would've thought Iraq/Afghanistan had the highest suicide rate

*puts on flame suit*
Quote :*puts on flame suit*

Which is a good idea if you visit either country.
#16 - abz1
+1 bump
would be even better if the weather predictions weren't always correct.... as it is in real life
Quote from abz1 :+1 bump

no point in bumping this.. alot of the improvement suggestions lately have just been multiple repeats
#19 - Woz
dump

Even just changing cloud formations would make the tracks feel more alive.
All valid suggestions but also all been done before.

The problem (as I said in the last version of this thread) is that if you assign a global weather to a track, there is no escape from it. Rain on one server = rain on them all, which isn't so great if you want to race in the dry. Same goes for fog, snow or whatever.

The flipside of that is that if it wasn't mandatory, I bet most servers (especially the kind that run AS3/GTR or BL1/FOX) would probably just run day/dry all the time.

I hate these kind of paradoxes
Quote from Jakg :it has been disussed many times, more of a thing for S3

You couldn't have been more wright
Quote from Woz :dump

Even just changing cloud formations would make the tracks feel more alive.

hard to do just that, either way you have to manipulate the dds sky texture wich would be a "copyleft - violation" of kidcodea's work or, you integrate volumetric "particle"-cloud formations (wich would sincerly eat up fps-production thus renering lfs to the feared screenshot-generator...

regards
Or you could do it like in Burnout where the entire sky rotates, that is cool. A simple yet extremely effective result.
i also recon that the weather idea is a good idea but where would would the weather come for on the internet that changes all the time
I don`t care for chaning weather really. If there is a option in the future that let us chose "sunny, cloudy, mist and rain", well then I`m more than satisfied enough

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG