The online racing simulator
Head to Head test movie
(42 posts, started )
Head to Head test movie
Hello, It's me again...I was comparing the two Junior GTR's the UF and the XF
to find a car that best suits me...and ended up in a thought that that would be a good theme for a movie...
this movie includes 9 minutes (!!!) of UF GTR and XF GTR, Racing each other, and just racing around the tracks.... I think it's nice...
so if you will risk and lose 9 minutes of your life because of this - please comment
(I had to keep the quality down, to keep the size acceptable)

Rapidshare Download Version
http://rapidshare.de/files/22625483/Digital_Wheels.WMV.html

Information
Title: Digital Wheels - Head to Head
Lenght: 9:29
Size: 71 Mb

Video Google Version is comming up in a few....
Status - Submission complete; your video is currently being verified.
I cant download rapidshare files.

Will wait for the google vid
#3 - Vain
This is definitely one of the well done movies of LFS.
The camera-work was very nicely done, the music fitted very well, it was very enjoyable.

Oh, and btw: I also downloaded that AX layout. It's very enjoyable in the MRT and XFG. Try replacing the jump with another tyre-chicane to make it passable for cars with a lower ride height.

Vain
Very nice I prefer UF GTR. You can see why at the end of your movie. XF GTR was toatlled.
#6 - wE1l
Quote from squidhead :Finaly the Video Google version...
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7718565601027669791

enjoy

Oh...and I guess everyone has already seen this...but hey....this happened in the middle of filming
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2375158724136322365

Top notch editing, any chance you are a motor tv show producer?

BTW I am curious about the name of the music at the very beginning, sounds extremely familiar to me and then I remember I heard it in the film "Gone in 60 Seconds".
Top effort! Very entertaining! Very inspiring!

It says the music credits at the end. Moby - Flower is the song you're looking for.
Very nice video, I liked it very much.
Wow, there is fast front wheeled drive cars in S2?

Pritty kool video mate. Not much bad can be said about it i dont think.
#10 - wE1l
Quote from Shinanigans :Top effort! Very entertaining! Very inspiring!

It says the music credits at the end. Moby - Flower is the song you're looking for.

Thanks very much Shinanigans The vid stopped towards the end, must be some problem with the downloading, I didn't get to see the end.
Thank You for the comment, this video took a lot of work, but judging by the comments - that work paid off

I already got something BIG planned for the next movie...but let's not rush things, those who need to know - already know
expect a teaser soon enough
Very TV-show/TopGear ish. I never got bored, try to use some colour adjustment in your shots to add style tho. Premiere is a good tool.
TiJay - Tried Premiere, doesnt cut it for me, cant handle big amounts of video without hanging up, but thanx for the advice
and about the "Very TV-show/TopGear ish" part.... I WAS INSPIRED BY TOP GEAR
so - that means it worked!
omfg, loooooooved it!!!1

1. I wish you had put the XFR beginning music to the UFR because it reminds me of the mini scene in The Bourne Identity that had that music.

2. Have I seen that autocross layout in a movie before.....?

3. I really really want to drive those cars!!!!!!!!!

4. I really want those music tracks in OGG to be played while I drive!!!!!!

overall, from me!
Yup, it was missing Jeremy Clarkson from XFR and Richard Hammond from UFR
Spudster:
1) That would be copying
2) Yup, you sure have, in the movie Autocross battle
3) You really should buy a license, worth every penny
4) Ehm....since I dont know how to do that, I cant help you.... but theres a music list in the credits

Taavi(EST):
Just imagined:
Jeremy in the XF GTR - POWEEER!!!!
Richard in the UF GTR - Come ON!! I cant Lose this!!!
and before autocross:
Some say He Urinates 98 RON petrol, and the outline of his left nipple is the exact shape of the Nurburgring...all we know is he's called THE STIG
This movie really IS missing those guys....
Really great vid, entertaining AND educational!
Great editing squidhead you are clearly very talented. Seeing that you are inspired by Top Gear maybe you could do a movie like the Top Gear Head2Head specials. F1 Car - FZR - FZ5. Set the FZ5 off first and then the FZR etc and time it so they all pass each other before the finish line. That would be cool
All I can say about that is WOW. I know a good LFS video when I see one, and I just saw one. If I remember rightly you created 'The Drag' aswell. Great movie but not as great as this one. I was wondering when this video would come after seeing the trailer and the wait was worth it. It was an absolutely awesome video, great editing and love the idea and also, you helped me find a song i've been trying to work out who sings it for ages, so thanks.
Keep up the good work mate and I can't wait for your next video.
Wow, I i really liked it
+ Good balance between engine sound and music
+ Good angles, the "heli view" above south city was cool during the "road test"
Just one thing i didn't like, after it says 1/4 mile it gets very quiet, i would've liked something like the sound of wind blowing through trees, if you know what i mean
Great Movie!

/Mattemann1
mattemann1 - WOW! This is the first time I see such attention to details... thanx for the tip

nutty boy - yeah, The Drag was my first attempt, didnt get the reaction I hoped for, so as you can see, I am improving
and the next movie by me will be a analog of a "Star in a reasonably priced car" by Top Gear, the teaser is lying around near here in the forum

ebola - Nice Idea...but I got some oter project on my hands right now

Thank you, everyone, who watched and enjoyed, and a BIG thank you to everyone who commented

Squid
Your welcome just keep the good work up because I really enjoy watching your movies.
AndRand - In real life? He has been invited, he did a lap in a liana, and beat everyone, including Damon Hill....
making a great sendoff to the Liana
That was actual Top Gear.
Quote from squidhead :AndRand - In real life? He has been invited, he did a lap in a liana, and beat everyone, including Damon Hill....
making a great sendoff to the Liana

Are you talking about Mansell? (unfolding mystery of The Stig )

or I missed that episode with Stiggy in liana

Head to Head test movie
(42 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG