The online racing simulator
"Reload textures" button
(6 posts, started )
"Reload textures" button
Would make easier for texture editors to check their work ingame, just a button to reload all textures ingame, right now i have to restart the whole game again just to check how that tarmac texture works...
#2 - richy
maybe the cmx viewer will be updated eventually to load more than just a skin, maybe you could create a whole scene out of LFS in the viewer...
Quote from richy :maybe the cmx viewer will be updated eventually to load more than just a skin, maybe you could create a whole scene out of LFS in the viewer...

I thought of that a while back, and man that would be so much better when showing the final 'preview' of your skin Imagine that it would just place the car on one fixed point of a track environment of your choice, and bam, nice screeny

That could tie into using a 'reload' feature for the textures, but it wouldn't show the specific textures you are working on I guess (say if you are changing a texture of a SO bulding, but you are on other side of track).

Either way, I do think a reload textures button would help a whole lot. It wouldn't hurt to have it... and I imagine that it wouldn't only be for texture artists, but maybe even people having problems loading textures or something
Quote from Taavi(EST) :Would make easier for texture editors to check their work ingame, just a button to reload all textures ingame, right now i have to restart the whole game again just to check how that tarmac texture works...

Hi Taavi,
You dont have to restart the whole LFS again.Just change the track forexample from Aston(on which you changed the textures) to Blackwood and then back to Aston and you will see the updated textures immediately.

but...+1 for the button which could reload the textures.I know how it could make life easier for re-texturing.
Quote from DEVIL 007 :Hi Taavi,
You dont have to restart the whole LFS again.Just change the track forexample from Aston(on which you changed the textures) to Blackwood and then back to Aston and you will see the updated textures immediately.

But that takes more time than restarting the game...
Quote from Taavi(EST) :But that takes more time than restarting the game...

No,I think its bit shorter.At least on my PC.The reload-texture button would be really great.

"Reload textures" button
(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG