The online racing simulator
Indicators
(12 posts, started )
Indicators
Is there some way deep inside some config or .cfg file a way to bind the indicators/hazard lights to a button (s) on my wheel?
May sound like a stupid notion but I would prefer so on my favirote "city driving" server I can indicate and not be hit ...
If you have a Logitech wheel, use the Profiler to bind keys to your wheel buttons.
Thanks , why on earth I didnt think of this .... well illepall
thanks again
DAM LOGITECH!!!!
I open profiler and use the "keystroke" command for the right paddle (8) and left paddle (7) but NO! dun work.
I retry with the Press ... Release methord .. but NO!
I try same again both times with the POV ... BUT NO!!!
please - is it my lack of trial and error is it actually not possible?
#5 - bal00
If all else fails, use autohotkey(.com) to map the wheel buttons to a keyboard key. The scripting language is very simple.

Joy1::Send 7

would send a 7 key-press whenever you hit button 1 on the wheel.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :DAM LOGITECH!!!!
I open profiler and use the "keystroke" command for the right paddle (8) and left paddle (7) but NO! dun work.
I retry with the Press ... Release methord .. but NO!
I try same again both times with the POV ... BUT NO!!!
please - is it my lack of trial and error is it actually not possible?

Works fine for me, I don't know what you're doing wrong but it can be done from profiler.
is it possible to send me the profile you are using so I can save it for me to use?
L2 = left turning signal
R2 = right turning signal
L3 = hazards
R3 = turning signals off

Square = go to pits

Remove the .txt from attachment.

*Edit* I guess it's needless to say that this profile is for DFP only.
Attached files
LFS.wgp.txt - 547 B - 224 views
Thanks seem to work well
MUCH APPRECIATED :P
#10 - cdub
I have my hazards mapped to a button on my Logitech DFP (for no particular reason), but being able to use them [and my other custom buttons] depends on a particular sequence of starting LFS.

Even if I launch the game from Profiler (after adding the link to lfs.exe), the custom buttons won't work. BUT: If I exit LFS after starting it that first time, then start it again, my custom buttons function properly.

It's easy for me to quickly test this when LFS starts as I have the 'Start' button mapped to kb 'Esc', so when I hit it in the main menu it will ask to exit if all is well.

Sounds like S14's problem has been solved already, so call this an answer for a future searcher

OK, seems to be that as long as Logitech Profiler is open and maximised before starting LFS, custom buttons will work fine.
I am having the same issue. With the DFP, using the profile above, none of the mapped buttons work. I have used the Profilter before and it worked fine. I tried uninstalling the profiler, downloading it again off the Logitech website, but it still doesnt work. I have the profiler starter before I run LFS, but it doesnt matter as the mapped buttons never work.

What am I doing wrong?
You could always have a script too? have a script "left.lfs" and "right.lfs" and have it so in the new patch, CTRL+F1 is mapped to button x and executes "/run left.lfs" and ect..?

Indicators
(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG