The online racing simulator
2012 Kyoto 250: Signups

2012 Kyoto 250 - Signups

Racers:

To enter the 2012 Kyoto 250, you must go to http://newdimensionracing.com/kyoto250/entry and enter there. You will be created an account that will enable you to edit your sign-in.

NOTE: If you signed up previous to this posting, your signup was not valid - the system was only containing signups to test the system on the server, not to actually have signups.

The system will not let you take a number that is already taken; it will not let you register if you use an LFSWorld ID that it cannot find on LFSworld.

The system, when you register, will do the following things:
  • Check your number of completed online laps
  • If you have a hotlap uploaded to LFSWorld at its last check for hotlaps, it will get that time.
The system will update all stats regularly, every two hours. If you do not see a hotlap time when you register, but know you have one, presume it's because you did not upload it until after its last check of the hotlap chart. It should appear the next time it checks the hotlap table.

The system checks the hotlap chart and the world record benchmark comparison FIRST, then gets the new world record table. This is done to facilitate the policy that we consider the requirement still complete if your hotlap was within the benchmark when you entered or it was checked, but the WR changed after. However, the system will flag your hotlap as meeting this criteia.

The system lacks styling right now, but as I get time in the next few days, I will add styling which will display based on the entry criteria to help visibility and know what you need to complete.

I do not know your password, so I cannot get it to you if you forget it. I will work on a password reset feature of some type in the next week or so.

This is the way NDR will begin to do event entry in the very immediate future - this is part of the plan to reduce our overhead, and we hope provide a smoother, more accurate experience in regards to event entry and management.
Please note:

Even if you meet all entry requirements, you are not automatically accepted into the event.

Once you meet all entry requirements, the administration will decide when to formally accept you.

The first acceptance pass will occur following the completion of session 6.
It shows me with "no time", even though I uploaded a replay to LFSworld weeks ago.
Quote from Tomhah :It shows me with "no time", even though I uploaded a replay to LFSworld weeks ago.

Someone else had reported something not updating. I've had a look now - the script was working, but took too long to go through all racers - the server's default maximum execution time was 30 seconds - it's taken my script 59 and change seconds to do the following:
  1. Fetch KY1 / XRT hotlap table
  2. Get the entry list
  3. Check the entrant's hotlap vs the WR and set their hotlap status
  4. Get the entrat's online laps
  5. Check the entry requirements and set entry status where appropriate
  6. Update WR table
Incidentally, for anyone who wants to know, here's how much I've accrued in March so far on my PubStat for processing these:

Requests: 18665
Data: 321.04 MB
Fee: £ 0.66815

Also incidentally:

The final time I will allow the automatic check script to run will be midnight UTC on Saturday (24th) night / Sunday (25th) morning - you must meet all entry requirements then or you will not be permitted into the Kyoto 250.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG