The online racing simulator
STD Championship 2012 - Round 1 (Protests)
The correct lap: 1
The cars involved: #28 (R.Kööts) and #36 (J.Holmes)
The lap/sector/time: Lap 1, Sector 3, Harpain
And a short description from your point of view:
Joe Holmes thought he's superman and tried to pass me which ended up with divebomb. Lost 2-3 places and Joe gained a lot. I had to fight again with other cars. So, actually i lost pretty much time too, not just 2-3 places.
Joe Holmes thought he would pass Andre which he did, realises he was gonna hit Reno and starts to run wide to try and avoid you, meanwhile J.Pickard hits me, and pushes me into you, nothing more I can do there, sorry anyway. Thats racing, maybe you will watch the replay and realises that instead of posting a useless protest that you can see that im not at fault and think twice. Hope you calm down soon
Protests from round 1
Session/lap/time: Main Race / Lap 1 / 0:36-0:47 race time (1:05-1:14 replay time)
Car numbers (of the involved cars): 102, 91, 64
Description of the incident: 102 overtakes 64 under yellow flag, takes out 91, which collides with 64. 102 gains position over 64 and 91.
The Race: 2
The correct lap: 2
The cars involved: #02 (N.Đaković) and #21 (M.Wentjarvi)
The lap/sector/time: Lap 2, Sector 1, T1
I braked super late because I changed line slightly just before braking, but Matti brakes even later and hits into back off me, sending me into a big accident with pecker.

My apologies to nacho, car was just uncontrollable on getting back on track on grass. You had time to see me coming tbh.
The Race: 2
The cars involved: #199 (T.Lähteenmäki) and #77 (A.Jonaitis)
The lap/sector/time: Lap 2, Sector 3, 5min 21sec
dived outrageously from a long way behind
Quote from N I K I : The Race: 2
I braked super late because I changed line slightly just before braking, but Matti brakes even later and hits into back off me, sending me into a big accident with pecker.

My apologies to nacho, car was just uncontrollable on getting back on track on grass. You had time to see me coming tbh.

No problem man. I cant dodge you, a lot of cars next to me. Its the first race, in 2 weeks more!! good luck dako!
Quote from nachoo :No problem man. I cant dodge you, a lot of cars next to me. Its the first race, in 2 weeks more!! good luck dako!

Ok, cool. Good luck to you too in next round.
Quote from kart-36 :Joe Holmes thought he would pass Andre which he did, realises he was gonna hit Reno and starts to run wide to try and avoid you, meanwhile J.Pickard hits me, and pushes me into you, nothing more I can do there, sorry anyway. Thats racing, maybe you will watch the replay and realises that instead of posting a useless protest that you can see that im not at fault and think twice. Hope you calm down soon

Let Andris decides this. I watched a replay. You passed Andres and you didn't brake at all after that. You continued with full gas and braked clearly later than you should. That's racing, you are right, but it's still crap. You'd hit me even without this hit from Pecker. Grats.
#9 - ennD
Quote from FL4SH- : The Race: 2

Soory, was a big mess. I wanted to run you back, but starding a big mass, And I give your place back in next corner.. Soory agane.
Session/lap/time: Feature Race/Lap 3/08:05 replay time
Car numbers (of the involved cars): 82 , 95
Description of the incident:
95 despite being 2 car lengths behind , he divebomb and hit me. I lost all positions and fell last.
Quote from VTiRacing :Let Andris decides this. I watched a replay. You passed Andres and you didn't brake at all after that. You continued with full gas and braked clearly later than you should. That's racing, you are right, but it's still crap. You'd hit me even without this hit from Pecker. Grats.

Of course I'll let him decide lol I'm just putting in my view. And I brake late enough to make the pass. Yes I may have clipped you without the hit from pecker but it wouldn't have made you have a near spin that's for sure. And if it crap you don't have to race, accidents happen...
Quote from kart-36 :Of course I'll let him decide lol I'm just putting in my view. And I brake late enough to make the pass. Yes I may have clipped you without the hit from pecker but it wouldn't have made you have a near spin that's for sure. And if it crap you don't have to race, accidents happen...

I've never told that THIS championship is crap. Your move was crap, but meh. Never mind.
Quote from VTiRacing :I've never told that THIS championship is crap. Your move was crap, but meh. Never mind.

Well clearly you would say that, I could say your protest is crap too. I hope you get the win, without that 100% you would have
Quote from kart-36 :Well clearly you would say that, I could say your protest is crap too. I hope you get the win, without that 100% you would have

Without that, i'd be atleast 2nd yes, because of i lost a lot of time for fight a positions again.
Quote from VTiRacing :Without that, i'd be atleast 2nd yes, because of i lost a lot of time for fight a positions again.

lol, like I said before, if i hadn't of been hit by Pecker you would have had a near spin and lost all that time, you cant be compensated for the time it has taken you to overtake people
My unbiased opinion on this Reno/Joe incident, as a spectator watching the replay:
It seems that the collision could not be avoided - I would call it a racing incident.

Reno initiated the chain reaction by clipping the car in front and quickly dropping 20kmh speed, so there was not enough time and room for the pack behind to react.
Both Joe and Reno attacked this braking zone very aggressively, Reno having the highest instant speed all through the turn entry until the initial collision.

Apart from that thank you all for the show, nice driving and event you have here.
• The Race: 2
• The correct lap: 12
• The cars involved: #25 (A.Azpiazu) and #28 (R.Koots)
• The lap/sector/time: Lap 12, Sector 3, Tight Hairpin
• And a short description from your point of view:
I try to overtake reno, but he constantly changes his line under braking which forces me to hit him, and then he cuts the track and this stops any possible pass for me. Very unsportsman like, cutting the track is not right.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/31344838/Cut%20Much.jpg
Quote from andres25 :• The Race: 2
I try to overtake reno, but he constantly changes his line under braking which forces me to hit him, and then he cuts the track and this stops any possible pass for me. Very unsportsman like, cutting the track is not right.

Sorry, but it's allowed in HLVC mode too. I would call it just a defensing my position, but meh. idc.
STD Championship 2012 - Round 1 (Protests)
You can post your protests 48H after the race ended.

Include this in your protest:

Quote :Session/lap/time:
Car numbers (of the involved cars):

Replays - DOWNLOAD
Quote from VTiRacing :Sorry, but it's allowed in HLVC mode too. I would call it just a defensing my position, but meh. idc.

But you was racing, and fully blocked him and then cut the track, just because its valid in HLVC doesnt mean you should do it...
Quote from VTiRacing : The correct lap: 1
The cars involved: #28 (R.Kööts) and #36 (J.Holmes)
The lap/sector/time: Lap 1, Sector 3, Harpain
Joe Holmes thought he's superman and tried to pass me which ended up with divebomb. Lost 2-3 places and Joe gained a lot. I had to fight again with other cars. So, actually i lost pretty much time too, not just 2-3 places.

First of all, next time please use the right format for reporting. Now about the incident...
Car #36 was not trying to pass you, there was no intentional dive bombing either. Car #36 would have slightly touched you (maybe not even touch you) if car #61 wouldn't have pushed him into you. You lost 2 places and ~1-1,5 sec at most. You never catched up with the car #36 anyway, and you lost ~ 1sec when overtaking car #25. The rest of the cars were already in front of you before the incident, so you can't say that you lost time fighting them because of this incident.

Conclusion: Racing incident, no penalty for car #36.

Quote from Flame CZE :Session/lap/time: Main Race / Lap 1 / 0:36-0:47 race time (1:05-1:14 replay time)
Car numbers (of the involved cars): 102, 91, 64
Description of the incident: 102 overtakes 64 under yellow flag, takes out 91, which collides with 64. 102 gains position over 64 and 91.

If I am correct, you are reporting car #102 to get the penalty? If yes, then...

I looked at my replay, none of the cars took out each other in any way. Car #102 braked to avoid collision with #91, but after continuing racing car #91 blocked his way on the left turn, then there was a lag and car #91 flew off the road - I am pretty sure it was cars #91 lag because it also lagged when it collided with you. Cars #102 and #91 didn't even touch in my replay.

Conlusion: No penalty to any of the cars. Just a small warning for car #91 K.Kliaudaitis to fix the connection next time when joining the races.
But if you can give me your replay, maybe it is better to see whether there was a lag or not and what actually happened (it sometimes differs in different replays). If you can prove me wrong, I'll have a look at it again.

Quote from N I K I : The Race: 2

Next time please use the right format for reporting.

Car #21 didn't keep the right distance between the cars just before the braking point in T1 which resulted for car #21 hit car #02 which then collided with the car #61 which caused it spin to fly off the road. Car #02 looses 11 positions and some time. Car #61 lost 20 positions and a lot of time.

Conclusion: +15sec penalty added to the finishing time for car #21 for an avoidable incident.

Quote from FL4SH- : The Race: 2

Car #77 brakes too late and despite being 3 car lengths behind, manages to hit car #199 which causes car #199 to spin and loose 4 positions + causing other multiple cars collide in the hairpin.

Conclusion: +8 sec penalty added to the finishing time for car #77 for an avoidable incident and dive bombing.

Quote from Nestoras7 :Session/lap/time: Feature Race/Lap 3/08:05 replay time
Car numbers (of the involved cars): 82 , 95
95 despite being 2 car lengths behind , he divebomb and hit me. I lost all positions and fell last.

Car #95 brakes late and hits car #82 causing it to spin and stand on the racing line after which another car hits #82 and causes it to fly off the road into the sand. Car #82 lost 10 positions. Although it wouldn't have been as bad if you didn't block his way, because literally he managed to brake on time before the turn although he forgot that he has to keep distance with the cars in front of him.

Conclusion: +10 sec penalty added to the finishing time for car #95 for an avoidable incident and dive bombing.

Quote from andres25 :• The Race: 2

You hit car #28 before he changed his position not after, put your replay into 0.5 speed and see, Reno braked earlier and it was just not enough time for you to avoid him. After that Reno makes a move to defend his position which might have been a bit aggressive, but it wasn't too late, you had not taken the inside of his car, you were still behind him. And cutting the track was not intentional, I think car #28 didn't have any choice after defending his position, it didn't look like a way of gaining time, it looked like he braked too early before turn and just had to turn earlier.
Although it was good that you braked hard and try to avoid him which didn't cause any further collision, but still, you shouldn't report incidents where someone defends his position and doesn't let you pass him.

Conclusion: No penalty for car #28 although, Reno, please next time try not to be so aggressive defending your position since it might cause collisions..
Quote from andRo. :If I am correct, you are reporting car #102 to get the penalty? If yes, then...

I looked at my replay, none of the cars took out each other in any way. Car #102 braked to avoid collision with #91, but after continuing racing car #91 blocked his way on the left turn, then there was a lag and car #91 flew off the road - I am pretty sure it was cars #91 lag because it also lagged when it collided with you. Cars #102 and #91 didn't even touch in my replay.

Conlusion: No penalty to any of the cars. Just a small warning for car #91 K.Kliaudaitis to fix the connection next time when joining the races.
But if you can give me your replay, maybe it is better to see whether there was a lag or not and what actually happened (it sometimes differs in different replays). If you can prove me wrong, I'll have a look at it again.

Yes, #91 was lagging in my replay too, so I'm OK with the warning. But #102 passed me under yellow flag, which is not allowed (or is it?).
Well, if the safety car was out, then yes, it would not be allowed, but in situations like this on just typical every day LFS races I don't think people usually pay attention whether someone was passed or not under yellow flag - at least I haven't heard or seen it in other leagues yet. Car #102 did brake and avoided car #91, but he went from to the inside where as you went from the outside. You seem to have braked much more though and maybe slowed down too much which was not needed. So basically no, there is no good reason why I should give penalty to car #102.
Quote from andRo. :Well, if the safety car was out, then yes, it would not be allowed, but in situations like this on just typical every day LFS races I don't think people usually pay attention whether someone was passed or not under yellow flag - at least I haven't heard or seen it in other leagues yet. Car #102 did brake and avoided car #91, but he went from to the inside where as you went from the outside. You seem to have braked much more though and maybe slowed down too much which was not needed. So basically no, there is no good reason why I should give penalty to car #102.

Well, I should brake hard, because I was trying to avoid collision with the spinning car. And I stil hit him (he was lagging). But okay, thanks for your reply, I respect that
Quote from andRo. :Well, if the safety car was out, then yes, it would not be allowed, but in situations like this on just typical every day LFS races I don't think people usually pay attention whether someone was passed or not under yellow flag - at least I haven't heard or seen it in other leagues yet. Car #102 did brake and avoided car #91, but he went from to the inside where as you went from the outside. You seem to have braked much more though and maybe slowed down too much which was not needed. So basically no, there is no good reason why I should give penalty to car #102.

You should update your rules then because they explicitly state "Respect blue and yellow flags at all times".

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG