The online racing simulator
Ridge Racer Type 4 skinpack [WIP]
Updated: 27.01.2012 - DRT skin added.

I intend to cover the whole RRT4 stable, a few skins of every racing team for every car in LFS.
While some skins suppose to be exact copies sometimes i cant find any reference on the web, concept art etc so in situation when I wont be able to figure out "what this silly string of pixels suppose to be" I will use my imagination.

Sometimes i might alter skin or just make a skin basing on particular colortheme but not using the original design.
But the general idea is, there should be at least one or two skins that are exact copies (Or as close as I manage) of the original.

Those skins that are exact copies will have 'Va' in the filename and number after it.
For example "XRG_PRC_Va.jpg" and if i make another PRC skin for XRG which utilises original design the name will be "XRG_PRC_Va1.jpg"
Those skins that are not intended as exact copies will have 'Vb" in the filename.
As for now every skin posted here I will upload to lfs world and will reupload it here and on LFS world if i make some changes.

Preview pics are made with LFS viewer on which i installed realistic reflections from Lynce Revolution Pack August 28th, 2009 it looks a bit different than with stock LFS reflections but generally WYSIWYG.

And the whole project begins with.

PRC-Unless there is something to fix probably this will be the final version of this skin.

RTS-Probably the final version.

RTS-The above skin with a few changes (Flags of Yokohama and Fukuoka were added because some races take place there, R.Nagase written over the door at the right side, because, well because obviously why , left side instead of being 1:1 copy of the right side have Xevious and GAMP stickers replaced with Galaga and Yoshimitsu stickers, bandai stickers added.

MMM-Quite a difficult skin, since shape of cars in RR are quite different from XRG, original paint jobs dont fit very well and too much input from my side means straying further from the original design which is against main objective of this project.
The next step would be remaking shield shape (Small black shield with 'MP' letters in it) so it will resemble original which was shaped after mappy's hat badge I am guessing.
Also didnt decide yet what to do with the 'mewkies' stickers, the font was made so it would resemble original in shape and size as close as possible but somehow it feels out of place dont know yet should I left it, as it is for the sake of historical accuracy or try to change it.

Maybe will change decals a bit or make a new variation of this skin, dont know yet.
As for now I dont see any bugs or misaligned decals to fix.

Hope you will like it and nothing will interfere and stop me from finishing the whole project (Like terrible terrible HDD failure ).

List of fonts which were used.
Attached images
XRG_RRT4_PRC_Va.jpg
XRG_RRT4_RTS_Va.jpg
XRG_RRT4_RTS_Vb.jpg
XRG_RRT4_MMM_Va.jpg
XRG_RRT4_DRT_Va.jpg
Attached files
Fontsused.txt - 1.6 KB - 564 views
Nice work.

I made these skins from 07-09, but I never finished the RTS liveries for all of the cars.

I've also done some skins from Ridge Racer 5 and 7.
Attached images
cmx_00000256.jpg
cmx_00000257.jpg
cmx_00000258.jpg
cmx_00000259.jpg
cmx_00000260.jpg
cmx_00000262.jpg
cmx_00000263.jpg
cmx_00000264.jpg
cmx_00000261.jpg
Hi.
There is a few interesting skins although non of them really close to original design.
Just a few questions if you dont mind.

First question, what is this wild pink colortheme on MMM i know I seen it a few time over the web (as a skin for forza and modnation) while I was gathering materials but i have no idea from where it come from, is it RRT4 color palette?
If yes what car, currently I am replaying RRT4, unlocking cars just so i can use them as reference and i didnt seen this skin yet.

Second, do you have any links to the sites where i can find more reference materials.
Concept art, renders, colorthemes or anything where i can see decal details, fonts used etc.
Something like this. DRT, MMM, PRC, RTS.
I had OPM from 99 with review of R4 with nice renders of cars from various angles but cant find it right now

Third question, whats the name of the font used for 'dig dug driving' and 'figer' decals on the drt car.

Since you were making those skins I am guessing you went trough the step of gathering reference materials and maybe you have left some links, notes, pics or anything that can be useful.
Quote from Chupacabras84 :Hi.
There is a few interesting skins although non of them really close to original design.
Just a few questions if you dont mind.

First question, what is this wild pink colortheme on MMM i know I seen it a few time over the web (as a skin for forza and modnation) while I was gathering materials but i have no idea from where it come from, is it RRT4 color palette?
If yes what car, currently I am replaying RRT4, unlocking cars just so i can use them as reference and i didnt seen this skin yet.

Second, do you have any links to the sites where i can find more reference materials.
Concept art, renders, colorthemes or anything where i can see decal details, fonts used etc.
Something like this. DRT, MMM, PRC, RTS.
I had OPM from 99 with review of R4 with nice renders of cars from various angles but cant find it right now

Third question, whats the name of the font used for 'dig dug driving' and 'figer' decals on the drt car.

Since you were making those skins I am guessing you went trough the step of gathering reference materials and maybe you have left some links, notes, pics or anything that can be useful.

I got all of the liveries from in the game, I didn't use the renders. I did find a site that had paper models of the Terrazi Terrific, but I dont have the link anymore.

I don't remember what the fonts are called, they were on my old pc and I don't have them on my new one.

If you have a PS1 emulator on your pc, you can unlock all of the cars with the cheat plugin, or use a cheat disc that's been ripped. You can find all of the liveries then.

If your wondering about the Bosconian and Mitsurugi liveries they are from RR5 and RR7.
-
(Chupacabras84) DELETED by Chupacabras84
Deleted and reposted because lfs forum doesnt notify of post editing.
Quote from LineR32 :I did find a site that had paper models of the Terrazi Terrific, but I dont have the link anymore.

Thanks for mentioning it, I searched and found it.
Quote from LineR32 :
If you have a PS1 emulator on your pc, you can unlock all of the cars with the cheat plugin -//- You can find all of the liveries then.

I recognise the livery desing its just the colour that confuses me.
Does this livery had this wild pink colour as a standard or is it your innovation?

Edit: Followed your advice and used gameshark codes to unlock all cars and didnt see this wild pink in MMM liveries. I have no idea why people using it, unless I am missing something by a large margin, then please open my eyes

Also I am deeply shocked to see so many cars based on everything from corvette, lotus, porsche, jaguars, Lamborghini, Ferrari, Toyota gt1, some weird batman like desings and even damn chaparral 2J (I mean really? They had chaparral 2J back then, even GT series didnt had one until GT4)
Tons and tons of cars and I never drove them just because I didnt want to lose.
That was a really bad move namco

Bosconian and mitsurugi liveris are cool too bad I cant find R5 in stores now (really wanted to play that game) and I dont own PS3.

PS. Happy New Year
IIRC, I got the pink colour from a screen shot I took using the emulator. I don't remember tweaking it either.
Bump with new DRT skin.
Took so long because I got a bit sidetracked by Historix1.9

Quote from LineR32 :IIRC, I got the pink colour from a screen shot I took using the emulator. I don't remember tweaking it either.

I guess thats explains wild pink variations I seen around the web when searching for reference.
Not the most reliable method every time color is different depending on the lighting in game.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG