The online racing simulator
2012 Grand-Am Series
(74 posts, started )
2012 Grand-Am Series
New Ferrari and Audi cars:

Should be a really exciting year for Grand Am with the new DP's and a bunch of new entries in GT. I still can't figure out if the old prototypes can run this year or not, it looks like teams have them at the Daytona test that just happened, not sure if they will be racing with them or if everyone will have the new style by the time we get to the 24 hour race.

Edit: And Cornys, that link you have to the "new" prototypes is actually from 2008.
Quote from UncleBenny :Edit: And Cornys, that link you have to the "new" prototypes is actually from 2008.

No it's not .... now
Only problem is the GT cars are basically the same pace as the ALMS GTC class, so they've had to slow these GT3 cars down quite a bit, which obviously takes time and money to develop otherwise you could have lots of European GT3 cars making their way over.
Quote from boothy : so they've had to slow these GT3 cars down quite a bit,

understatement of all time, apparently at some circuits the road ferrari on road tyres is capable of a faster lap time than the grand am spec GT.

plus a few cynical observers have pointed out that given the cost of the grand am specific models, they won't be surprised to find that after the 50th daytona the manufacturers loose interest for the rest of the series, especially since in the case of the ferrari they can't turn out the normal GT3 model quick enough to meet demand.
Quote from tinvek :They won't be surprised to find that after the 50th daytona the manufacturers loose interest for the rest of the series, especially since in the case of the ferrari they can't turn out the normal GT3 model quick enough to meet demand.

Hopefully this is not the case. I wouldn't mind a DP only field in Grand-Am to be honest, but I think it's better for the series to have the 2 classes. I think that's rather obvious
Yeah I don't get the "custom" GT spec they have, which could limit the field drastically. Could it be so they can have their "muscle cars" able to compete at a decent level?
Testing for the Rolex 24 opens up today, wish there was a stream of it somewhere. I want to see all the new cars.
12 cars within a second in GT , 25 within 2...New prototypes... I might explode from having to wait for this race. :banghead:

And then I have to wait until June to see them in person. Not that I'm complaining about that
We get them all on Speed but don't know if all are live. Looks like 3 are not. If so, guess I'll just tune into MotorsTV to watch it live.
Well, the Rolex 24 Hours at Daytona is this weekend. I'm just ready to see some on track action. I watched almost 10 hours of NASCAR's Daytona Testing.. That's how eager I am to see some racing. (Wide open racing is boring unless there's a bunch of car or an actual race going on).

http://www.grand-am.com/schedu ... cfm?series=r&eid=3428

Pretty strong GT entry list, but the DP is lacking (as expected)
this weekend .. it's still weekend here

will there be a stream for us Europeans to watch it?
Quote from PMD9409 :Got MotorsTV?

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1673695#post1673695

Eurosport2 schedule
21:30CET - 23:00CET start/ceremony
23:15CET - 00:00CET
00:15CET - 02:00CET

Sunday
18:00CET - 19:00CET
21:00CET - 22:00CET Finish/ceremony

and Speedtv + speed.com (stream) schedule
kicks off with a one-hour pre-race show at 2:30 p.m. (ET) on Saturday, Jan. 28, and continues with the opening seven-and-a-half hours of the race, from 3:30-11 p.m. SPEED television coverage resumes at 9 a.m. on Sunday, Jan. 29, running through 4 p.m. – including 30 minutes of interviews following the checkered flag.
Thanks!

The speed.com stream doesn't go on during the night I guess.
Quote from PMD9409 :Thanks!

The speed.com stream doesn't go on during the night I guess.

What? The Speed TV streaming is only on during the night I thought.

http://auto-racing.speedtv.com ... -multi-platform-coverage/

Quote : The broadcast from Daytona International Speedway begins Jan. 28 at 2:30 p.m. ET/11:30 a.m. PT, with green-flag action following at 3:30 p.m. ET/12:30 p.m. PT...

...Then at 11 p.m. ET/ 8 p.m. PT, duties are handed off to SPEED.com, where strategically positioned cameras and a live timing-and-scoring ticker keep overnight action up to date. On Sunday morning (Jan. 29), starting at 9 a.m. ET/ 6 a.m. PT, SPEED rejoins the race with full production to its conclusion.

Yeah sorry, I checked myself and tried to find it on the schedule, didn't think of looking through the articles.

Wish it was on the schedule, instead of just showing the TV bit. Made it seem like it was only streaming what's on the TV, instead of what you quoted which is the right way of doing it.
It does sound like there will be no overnight commentary, which is slightly disappointing. That will give me some time to sleep on the couch with the race on though.
Midnight broadcasting by MotorsTV (8,5h)
Sa. 20:30CET - 5:00CET (Sunday morning)

I'll posting an motorstv stream soon.
well, why did KabelDeutschland cancel their MotorsTV broadcast last year?:banghead:

last hope is Justin.tv
Awww ****ing hell. Just realized I'm going to be out in the woods watching rally all weekend, so I won't see the race... I was looking forward to it so much too

2012 Grand-Am Series
(74 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG