The online racing simulator
Logitech G27 - wrong degrees of rotation
I bought a G27 a couple of days ago and I've just noticed a strange thing happening. When I set a number of degrees of rotation in Profiler, the real result is like 20 degrees less than the set value. So when I set 900°, it's like 880°, so there is a "soft" FFB setop on both locks as usual but then I can turn the wheel further up to 900°.

All drivers up-to-date.

Anyone else experienced this?
Quote from Flame CZE :I bought a G27 a couple of days ago and I've just noticed a strange thing happening. When I set a number of degrees of rotation in Profiler, the real result is like 20 degrees less than the set value. So when I set 900°, it's like 880°, so there is a "soft" FFB setop on both locks as usual but then I can turn the wheel further up to 900°.

All drivers up-to-date.

Yep i have the same with the wheel i have at home, i think i know why too, if you turn the wheel hard you can get it to 900, like the G25, but remember that CLONK CLONK sound when your G25 calibrated?
I think they added some rubber spacers or something just to keep it abit more silent

Hope i made you more clever.
Quote from Dennis93 :Yep i have the same with the wheel i have at home, i think i know why too, if you turn the wheel hard you can get it to 900, like the G25, but remember that CLONK CLONK sound when your G25 calibrated?
I think they added some rubber spacers or something just to keep it abit more silent

Hope i made you more clever.

I don't think it's that. When I set 720° in the profiler, it's clearly visible that it's 20° less than that (the wheel is not perfectly straight on full lock).
Congratulations flame, you've now experienced logitech.

First two wheels were faulty, third one broke taking the plastic off (out of the box), Fourth one worked. =D They are durable products, But the problems coming out of the box is a pain.

If you bought it off ebay. etc. it *may* be a older generation of G27, you'll want the newer ones.

Honestly, it may be your centering disk may be off if it's 20 degrees less.

I'm using 720, I havn't noticed it, There is soft locks on FFB, so you don't break the thing, If you set it to 100 degrees, you can crank it (Don't do this to much.) all the way up to 900 and let it spin back (FFB should make it spin softly back)

Deadzones could be wonky, But in the end, just phone up logitech with a laundry list of problems, it'll fix eventually. (however many painstaking months it takes logitech to pick up the phone, however.)
I've bought it at www.alfacomp.cz, a Czech e-shop.

But I will probably not call Logitech with this problem, as it is a minor one. I was just wondering if there is an easy fix for it. For now, I set all rotations +20° more, which compensates it. Plus I don't use 900°, so it is OK. But when Scirocco comes, it will be like 860° :P
What happens if you set the range to its minimum?
Quote from MadCatX :What happens if you set the range to its minimum?

Well then it is 40° in profiler and real too it seems. It all looks like the real range is a bit smaller than 900°, so it's the most noticeable on 900°.
How exactly are you telling that it does 20 degrees less? you may just have to get used to the new wheel.
Quote from TehPaws3D :How exactly are you telling that it does 20 degrees less? you may just have to get used to the new wheel.

Well I don't think that this is a full lock of 900°:
Attached images
g27_900.jpg
That i think just depends on the internals, My wheel stops it's 900 degree rotation just about as off centered as yours one way, And perfectly straight-ish the other way, Maybe it's just a production fault.
It's just an idea, but what happens when you set your wheel to 900° and turn it past the FFB limit? Can you see the X-axis values changing (i.e. the virtual wheel turning in LFS with calibration lock off)? IIRC the Logitech drivers clamp the X-axis values range as well to match it to the wheel's range. If the X-axis is clamped to the range you set in the drivers, it's probably a HW fault, if the X-axis is clamped to the 900-something° range, the wheel is not getting correct data from the drivers. (This is based on my vague memory of the X-axis really being clamped )
Oh yes, it reaches the deadzone when I hit the FFB stop (less than 900°), so it may be a HW fault indeed.
I have the same issue with my G27. Well, I play at 720°, so it's not really a issue for me, I just set it to 740°. Apart from that, I can't say anything bad about logitech. I bought a G25 from the first batch, the shifter works to this day(that G25 is now about 4 years old).
I had the same problem happen to me and my G27. All I did was make sure that in game (LFS) the wheel rotation was set to 900 and then checked the profiler and set that to 900. Unplugged it and plugged it back in and BOOM it worked. :bananalla
Quote from Flame CZE :When I set a number of degrees of rotation in Profiler, the real result is like 20 degrees less than the set value. So when I set 900°, it's like 880°, so there is a "soft" FFB setop on both locks as usual but then I can turn the wheel further up to 900°.

I have a G27 and I experience the same thing. Maybe it's some sort of protection measure against shocks.
I have the same issue...

Quote from kitu_gudu :I have a G27 and I experience the same thing. Maybe it's some sort of protection measure against shocks.

i think you are right, i want to drift whit 900, but the 20- dont help

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG