The online racing simulator
Request - Custom start application
Hallo dear coders! I have one request,I hope it's a simple one: Basically what I need is a program,that gives a custom starting signal and checks for jumpstarts. For example let's take the Fern Bay mini oval - everyone starts out from original FE Green starting grid,takes their starting positions on oval (drawn with markers),admin checks their positions,if everything is ok,he types !start (or whatever the prefix is),program gives starting signals similar like usual LFS ones on-screen (like Airio info and others). If anyone makes a jumpstart,program either gives some penalty or cancels the start and informs who jumped the start (would be nice to have both options in some cfg file).

I believe it's a not too hard request (even if I'm troubled seriously when seeing html code already ),so is there a chance anyone can make it? Or already done? I would be very thankful for it,even if I'm not able to give any other reward than saying muchas gracias! I'm planning one event (or maybe multiple if it's a success) and such program would be very useful,and I believe others could find use for it too!
Can't resist to post. Great spanish there
I'll try
Thanks,gonna test it someday,dunno when though...

Muchas gracias!
Finally got some time to test it - it almost satisfies my basic needs,but with a little problem - if penalty is selected as "none",it doesn't notify about jumpstart at all - no msg in chat like it is if set to give a penalty! If that would be fixed,it would fullfill the basic needs from my request.

Although I have couple suggestions for improvement:
There are 4 starting lights when launched - it gives 3 red lights and then all 4 turns green,I believe,it could be slightly confusing,because usually seen all lights turn red before green. My suggestion - either let the 4th one light up red too or delete it at all,your call,not that important anyway.
Other suggestion - maybe you could put an option in case of a jumpstart to cancel start? If there is jumpstart,all lights should turn yellow and a chat message "Start cancelled" displayed. Let's say an option in cfg: Cancel start on jumpstart=yes/no - or something like that.
Would be awesome if you could fill these suggestions,not very important,just if you have some time for this. No hurry either,as event I requested this app for,is planned closer to end of december!
Sure. Thanks for your suggestions., I'll work on that and hope to have next version soon.
HERE:
DOWNLOAD V0.2

Feel free to suggest if need an improvement or if there are errors. Bye.
Muchas gracias again!
As far I could test it alone,it works just like I need it! Just one question - when multiple drivers make a jump start (when start cancelling enabled),does it show only the first or everyone,and if everyone,does it show in chat the order how they moved? If it shows the first or at least shows in chat beginning with the one who was first,then it's all I need,no further improvements needed from my side.
Quote from jason_lfs :HERE:
DOWNLOAD V0.2

Feel free to suggest if need an improvement or if there are errors. Bye.

I think it might be nice to be able to select what style of lights to use, either the 5 fixture wide like F1, or the red then green like other series use.

I'd also like it if there was some way when the system would send a message to the server and/or log the session time (if that's available) or UTC time when the lights turn green so jumpstarts can be audited before penalty given.

I would also like to see an option to set the delay between each red light, then the delay before the start, with the start delay being able to be a fixed time or a range of time.

EDIT: After a test with multiple racers, it does do one line per jumpstart.

Also the application works very easily as is, just those few edits I suggested should make it be exactly what is needed for this situation. Thanks for the work on it!
Thanks for your suggestions.

DOWNLOAD V0.3

NEW: Added more customizable options (number of lights, colors, time delays) in config.cfg. Check comments there.
NEW: Added a log system. Important events are stored in log_CUSTOM LAUNCHER.txt. Each event is stored with date and elapsed time since program start (ET) in seconds.
OTHER: /i reload_config (reload config params without restarting app)

Please let me know if you need another change/feature.
Quote from jason_lfs :Thanks for your suggestions.

DOWNLOAD V0.3

NEW: Added more customizable options (number of lights, colors, time delays) in config.cfg. Check comments there.
NEW: Added a log system. Important events are stored in log_CUSTOM LAUNCHER.txt. Each event is stored with date and elapsed time since program start (ET) in seconds.
OTHER: /i reload_config (reload config params without restarting app)

Please let me know if you need another change/feature.

Hi there!

Thanks for getting around to the changes, much appreciated. Did a quick test by myself, the app launches and works, haven't really stresstested it yet though.

One minor thing, but is it possible to use the elapsed time of the session (since session start or something that can match up from what happens and you can see in live-action and what happens and what you can see in replay). That would be much more useful for checking jump starts in a replay than time since application started. You'd know what session you did the start in so getting it from the log would be no issue.

Great work on the app, it's lightweight and just what is needed!
Custom Launcher V0.4.
Minor bug fixes and a couple of new configurable parameters.
RELEASE NOTES
DOWNLOAD

That's all for now. Cheers.
Genial !!
This system was just what i need to make our rallycross events even more realisetic! (we use line and rallycross starts) can't wait to test it! a REALLY big thanks from AARC!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG