The online racing simulator
Intel tour race thingy.
(33 posts, started )
Intel tour race thingy.
I was watchin the european GP earlier and they had martin brundle going round the bmw sauber park thing and he pointed out about having ago at driving the car. Which was a mock up bmw sauber with a comp screen on and wheel.
I no the tie up involves intel using lfs and the bf1 on their intel racing tour, im just wodering - Is the game bmw sauber were using at their f1 park thing the same one as the intel game and so basically lfs?
I wonder as it looked good fun and they said it would be at the british gp, so if any LFSers went (especially any aliens) they could set an amazing time.
Thanks for that seggons, I had my share of putting in one big post, and why I am so happy NOT to be around RSC anymore, because it still seems as if people are crazy about cutting each other's throats for what simulation they like :rolleyes: (Looks worse than it was actually).

And Happy Birthday Seggons
Quote from Tweaker :And Happy Birthday Seggons

Cheers dood
Hmmm the fact that rFactor and LFS both have the same car is just wierd to me now....

I kind of have a sense of 'battle' for who can get the best and most real cars in their fantasy games :rolleyes:. rFactor acquired a Panoz Esperante (not a big deal, looks as ugly as rFactor's normal cars), but what next? I hope this doesn't turn out to be a really dumb game of having the same car back and forth in LFS and rFactor.

http://www.rfactor.net/index.php?page=news_06-05bmwsauber
#7 - JJ72
I don't think R-factor is allowed to make that public, while Scavier do.

If that is the terms that allowed the BF1 to go public I'll say it's a good deal.
Yeah it is interesting, no word of it being sold as an addon or something, it still seems as if they have terms to keep it as a 'custom' game for the Intel Pit Lane park deal.

I really wish Scawen could tell us what those 'terms' were with this whole rFactor / LFS agreement. If LFS gets the juice of getting a public version, that is great, but if both games have the same F1 car, aghhh that is dumb.

Maybe even rFactor is planning on packaging their game with every Centrino PC... trying to spread their game like Internet Explorer!
I'm pretty sure that these terms are exactly the "release it for public", because Victor mentioned this in the Autosimsport interview. The rFactor version features a Nürburgring track as well. But this track would have to be licensed by the Nürburgring GmbH, so we probably won't see it in the public rfactor.
Good point.

But I am still confused sorta... on the front page they say "Coming Soon" and "Get ready to ride"... and also the Release Date which is "To Be Announced (TBA)".

The deal seems kind of private, not much has been said other than what our devs have told us.
Quote from Tweaker :I really wish Scawen could tell us what those 'terms' were with this whole rFactor / LFS agreement.

Hmm, I see that my original explanation (at RSC) has been taken a bit wrongly and now conspiracy theories and rumours are starting up. So I will try to explain more clearly - without expressing any points of the deal, which I am sure was not intended as public info. I should say this much as it's clear that LFS and rFactor both now have some involvement with the Intel sponsored BMW Sauber. This is causing confusion so I write this post with the best intentions to all sides.

1) We were asked to agree to a list of things as one side of a deal. The request was for a few things including the BMW Sauber.

2) We agreed to the important things on the list, but did not agree to certain smaller points we considered not beneficial to LFS.

3) After some time we received news that rFactor had agreed to all points, and so they got the deal.

4) This does not affect our BMW Sauber F1.06 in the public version which is also used for the racing tour.

I hope that explains it more clearly. The parts of the deal we did not decide to agree to, had nothing to do with public or private versions of the game or licensed or unlicensed tracks. Nothing juicy or exciting at all, just some small points on a list, that looked to us, too irrelevant or time consuming to implement.

It's quite funny observing how the rumour mill seems to start up. We mentioned in an interview in ASS, that one of our terms in order to agree to implement the BMW Sauber, was that it would be allowed to be included in the public version. Unfortunately, because this is the only part of the deal which is public knowledge, people have been trying to stick this piece of info, with the other piece of info, and so strange rumours are starting! This is wrong - the things on the list we did not agree to, are small things and not public knowledge at all. I hope that helps!

Please remember that whatever your opinions of who got what deal, it's really great that Intel's involvement with the BMW Sauber team and the efforts of Intel in Germany and BMW Sauber Racing Team, have resulted in the BMW Sauber F1.06 being available for us to implement and for you to race. It's a great bonus for Live for Speed and we are very grateful for that.
Thanks for clearing that up
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
#13 - JJ72
ok maybe we should head over RSC and press on the R factor forum instead.
Don't even bother, bunch of people not understanding this. It seems some people over there are thinking rFactor beat out LFS and now LFS will no longer have this 'deal'. :rolleyes: Good grief. I linked the post Scawen had above so they could read it. But they still don't understand the whole backings of how this entire thing went down. Thanks Vykos
#15 - axus
Thanks for clearing it up, Scawen... it looks like this won't be exclusive to LFS, but hey... we still get the car and its awesome, so I'm happy.
Quote from Tweaker :Don't even bother, bunch of people not understanding this. It seems some people over there are thinking rFactor beat out LFS and now LFS will no longer have this 'deal'. :rolleyes: Good grief. I linked the post Scawen had above so they could read it. But they still don't understand the whole backings of how this entire thing went down. Thanks Vykos

We, LFS community, could be the bigger person versus rFactor fans and drop the "I must get final post" -attitude that's been going on for a long time. We leave them alone and hopefully they won't come here trolling.
#17 - JJ72
just kidding .

well said above
Thanks for the info Scawen,
correct me if I am wrong.
Intel finally choose to do their stuff using rfactor.
LFS still benefit the bf1 even if it is not the sim used by intel.

So is bf1 is icy as it is now or will it benefit from new feature of the real car ? or will it just benefit from the future lfs updates (I suppose that improved aero will help in the future) ?
#19 - axus
Quote from loopingz :Thanks for the info Scawen,
correct me if I am wrong.
Intel finally choose to do their stuff using rfactor.
LFS still benefit the bf1 even if it is not the sim used by intel.

So is bf1 is icy as it is now or will it benefit from new feature of the real car ? or will it just benefit from the future lfs updates (I suppose that improved aero will help in the future) ?

Quote from Vykos on RSC for you:

Quote : pitlane park - rf
intel racing tour - lfs
car in game - both

Ergo: Great stuff for us all, no?

Ah, one thing: If you cant stand waiting for rf to release it, get LFS, it's already there :P *scnr*

EDIT: The mysterious Axus Fairy sprinkled his dust before I could....
btw scawen concerning the sauber ... im currently having a discussion with todd about roll centers and we were both wondering about the rather high front roll center of the sauber

so basically the question is how accurate is the suspension geometry on the sauber ?
#22 - J.B.
Here's some E3 video footage of the rFactor F1:

http://www.tgdaily.com/2006/05 ... rxracing_simulator_video/

I couldn't get the Hi-Res version to work with the usual Haali/CoreAVC combo but it works with VlC Player.

I have to say the graphics do look quite nice, definately better than anything else I have seen from rFactor up to now.

The track modelling doesn't seem to be very precise though even though the guy in the video says something about GPS data.

Here, I even made a splitscreen video to show what I mean:

http://rapidshare.de/files/206 ... ring_splitscreen.avi.html

For some reason there is a high speed right corner before the hairpin in rFactor that is not there in real life.
Interesting split screen there JB. I really do think they messed up that first turn... it doesn't look right at all :zombie:
Hehe I like the way he says it's the most accurate f1 simulation ever made, while the driver goes wide and off the track on to the grass, and drives on it as if it were tarmac

Good video though, thank you J.B., any chance of getting the split-screen one hosted on a different server (e.g. http://www.sendspace.com/) because I can't use RS?
Lol that interview... that guys has NO IDEA what he is talking about when it comes to explaining rFactor. As far as I know, rFactor never did sound sampling or track recording like GTR did, I think he got those games mixed up....

And looking again at the Nurb track they did, it is hardly ANYTHING like what the real track looks like. Wtf is with the high banking on that first infield part? And the exit towards the stadium... there are barriers everywhere... They got it all wrong.

Intel tour race thingy.
(33 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG