C.a.r.s.
http://www.projectcarsgame.com/

Release date: May 2015

Car list:
http://www.projectcarsgame.com/cars.html

Track list:
http://www.projectcarsgame.com/locations.html

Features
• A huge variety of motorsports and reflected car culture with relevant rules and formats
• The largest track roster of any recent racing game
• A freeform career mode that allows you to choose your own path with Historic Goals to earn, Accolades to win, Endorsements to sign, and Invitations to receive
• Competitive online with features such as ‘join in progress’ and invite-only sessions
• Fully-dynamic weather and time of day
• Race weekends including warmup sessions, practices, qualifying, and two-race format
• Pit stops and pit strategy creation for different scenarios and events (eg.. endurance)
• Deep tuning setup creation
• Asynchronous play via the Driver Network – Time Trial mode with downloadable ghosts and regularly-scheduled Community Events
• Save and share your proudest moments with photos and replays
• Player tailoring and accessibility features – dial the game to your own particular skill and comfort level
• Playable either at a cinematic 12K resolution or on a more intimate scale with Oculus Rift. Project Morpheus, or nVidia Shield
• Support for over 40 different wheels and peripherals
• Second screen support via apps created by the community through the Project CARS API

Wheels and pedals compatibility list:
http://www.projectcarsgame.com/beyond-reality.html

For content check:
http://www.wmdportal.com/projects/cars/

MINIMUM System Requirements:
Processor: 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400, 3.0 GHz AMD Phenom II X4 940
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: nVidia GTX 260, ATI Radeon HD 5770
DirectX: Version 9.0
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Hard Drive: 25 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX compatible sound card

RECOMMENDED System Requirements:
Processor: 3.5 GHz Intel Core i7 3700, 4.0 GHz AMD FX-8350
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: GT600 series, AMD Radeon HD7000 series
DirectX: Version 11
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Hard Drive: 25 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX compatible sound card

source: http://www.bsimracing.com/project-cars-available-on-steam/
#2 - Bean0
You missed a zero on the top level package :eek:
The devs are pretty active on nogrip, and this will give people working on it more freedom, so it should make for a better sim in the long run, No?

Unless there is no NDA, some vids/reviews should be up on nogrip and here soon probably.
#7 - Tango
it still looks pretty bloody brill ingame !

Tango
too late. click my smilie.
#9 - Tango
tracks looks like `Imola` and `Watkins Glen` that are used with different names.
so far ive seen a `lotus 49`,`audi dtm` and a modern F3000(?) lookalike.
i may have to get my wallet out
Tango
I have a P8400, a 9600M GT, a keyboard and a mouse. Playable?
Attached images
CARSwtfPricing.png
oh well for 10 euro they got me!

waiting game..

let's try if this is better than shift2. the screens were just too teasing.
Is this true that it's alpha or pre alpha stage right now?
Quote from Jshort :Is this true that it's alpha or pre alpha stage right now?

Supposedly pre-alpha.

EDIT: FU Tango.
Looks fantastic visually.

Interesting funding concept too.
I think I just had a simgasm.
Video looks decent, the funding thing is pretty odd... You basically pay to get access to a beta, but you can pay more to get to add new threads to their forum and PM the developers? I'm not sure what's the point of that. In some places it's referred to as "investing" but then the terms and conditions start with the following:

Quote :
THIS IS NOT AN INVESTMENT OPPORTUNITY.
PLEASE DO NOT GET INVOLVED IF THAT IS WHAT YOU THINK IT IS – IT ISN’T.

Some bits from nogrip faq:

Quote :
Will it be a hardcore sim or arcade?
In the end that will be decided by the community/investors, but the initial aim will be a full/hardcore sim with aids and adjustments to cater for the casual player as well.

So they expect you to put in 25000e to support a project that might later turn into something completely opposite to what you want because others voted so?

Quote :
Will there be a demo?
The base game will be free-to-play, so no demo is required. Additional content (cars, tracks) will be paid content.

By paying now, is the version you get a "beta" of the free-to-play game or do you get the additional content later as well? Paying to get to play a beta of a free game sounds like a bad deal.
I sent one of the "developers" a PM that starts with "I'm probably going to come off as a douche, but it's really not my intent." so you can probably guess at the content.

Kegetys raises some good questions, one of mine was this "pay-for-say" approach and that they might miss out on quality advice from people who can't afford to spend 1000 euros just like that. But mostly I'm worried about what kind of a "sim" can the developers of arcade games produce.. If it's just repackaged NFS I'm gonna be pretty pissed, cause the graphics look amazing.. that Sun is so goddamn sunny.
The graphics are out of this world, that's a fact.

Someone had posted a bit on iR forum that was said, let me find it...

Quote :For the price of the minimum Tool Pack therefore, you'll be able to see the game being made, speak directly to the developers, and play a new version of the game each month.

Then, when the game is released you'll receive a free copy and potentially money back based on its success and your position in the company.

Interested? Check out the first project to be launched through the WMD Portal - C.A.R.S. - and see how you can get involved!

Notice the bold. If the game is originally play for free, then what is the "free copy" we will be getting? There could be 1,000 "Seniors" and "Team members" pushing hardcore sim, but then there could be one "Senior Manager" come in and turn it into another Shift 2.

On paper it can seem like a good idea, but someone with more money than brains could come in a ruin it for most of us.

Another screenshot:
ive just invested 10 euros and for those in the UK,thats £9.09.
Tango
waiting for download to finish and i noticed i only have another 24,990euros to go to be a senior manager
Hearing that the sounds are *amazing*. I guess putting * makes it better.

Telemetry while driving:

"Oops" damage:

Some quotes from people on iR:
Quote :FYI, pressing F1 while driving enters debug mode and you can mess about with everything from the height of the sun to force feedback strength when you go over rumble strips!

Quote :I'm getting more of a LFS vibe than a Shift vibe at the moment.

^Doubt it.
#24 - PoVo
Need... new... PC...
Looks interesting.

The live telemetry, contact patch graphic, the graphics engine looks exactly like Shift2. I wonder if EA could come in and kyebosh all of this with a lawsuit?

I am thinking of throwing 10 euros into the pot to see what all the fuss is about though.

C.a.r.s.
(968 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG