The online racing simulator
Racing line bug
(13 posts, started )
Racing line bug
Lately I started to drive restricted XFG and XRG (XFX and XRX). Noticed this bug before,
but now I have reproduction method:

1. start single/multiplayer
2. choose XFG with 50% intake restriction
3. press 4 (racing line), look where is brakeing point for T1 (picture 1)
4. go to pits, choose XFG without restrictions, restart race
5. look where is brakeing point for T1 (picture 2) this is wrong, there is shown racing line for restricted XFG

picture 3- normal brakeing point for XFG without restrictions

This will also happen if you choose different car, but not sure about reproduction method, is little different.
Attached images
picture 1.jpg
picture 2.jpg
picture 3.jpg
What about the other way around, Exit pits with 5% reg and the 50%. is the racing line still set on the 5% reg ?
Not to excuse this potential bug, but why are you even using the visible line? It's a bad habit to get into. Pick out your own reference points. It'll make you faster.
Quote from hotmail :What about the other way around, Exit pits with 5% reg and the 50%. is the racing line still set on the 5% reg ?

Just tested, and answer is Yes

Quote from Forbin :Not to excuse this potential bug, but why are you even using the visible line? It's a bad habit to get into. Pick out your own reference points. It'll make you faster.

I know this is bad habit, don't think that I'm braking when the line is red. I have my braking points. But I'm lazy about learning new techniques of driving... :P and I think I'm too fast
I'm also using racing line in RL, so this is most common to me
#5 - J@tko
I think if you reload the racing line it fixes itself. Not got LFS installed on here so can't check.
Quote from J@tko :I think if you reload the racing line it fixes itself. Not got LFS installed on here so can't check.

Reload racing line: press twice "4" ?
This wont fix problem.
Yeah, usually have to disconnect from the server again. I think if you load another different car(leave the pits in it) then go back to the car you want to drive that fixes the problem aswell but not sure

@ Forbin I use racing line(can drive without it aswell tho, i no nub) and I know others do too who are fast. It doesn't make you slower to use it as a reference point, even if you don't actually brake at the red line or whatever.
#8 - Seb66
Quote from IsaacPrice :@ Forbin I use racing line(can drive without it aswell tho, i no nub) and I know others do too who are fast. It doesn't make you slower to use it as a reference point, even if you don't actually brake at the red line or whatever.

+1 Forbin speaks lies. Keeping using racing line
I use it also. I could live without it, but it's easier to make the same braking points at every lap with it on.
discovered something more about racing line

if some player use racing line, admin execute /fcv=yes, player will still be able to drive with racing line until he press 4. its even after race restart and after you choose different car
not that i have something against racing line but thats bug if you ask me
Quote from DANIEL-CRO :discovered something more about racing line

/fcv=yes,

I am assuming /fcv=yes disables racing line display?

Man! embarrassing for me but I never knew racing line will adjust itself for restrictions. I thought with restrictions, we have to figure out, and I never noticed the decrease in braking distance in racing line when restriction is on because I brake much later anyway. This is awesome, though I might have been using this unaware of it. Also it seems to work fine for me, when I change between restricted and/or unrestricted same and different cars, the racing line is getting adjusted correctly, as expected. Note: I am doing all this in the same race. Did not restart though.
-
(rageshgr) DELETED by rageshgr
Quote from rageshgr :I am assuming /fcv=yes disables racing line display?

But if you show the racing line and type that command, it does not disappear until you press 4.
Quote from Flame CZE :But if you show the racing line and type that command, it does not disappear until you press 4.

Ya ya I got that part though, thanks

Racing line bug
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG