The online racing simulator
LFS Destruction Derby League: A Third Season, You Say?!

Say it ain't so! A third season of the Live For Speed Destruction Derby League, featuring the much-loved TBO class?!

Yes, you are reading correctly: after 2 pretty successful years, I would probably be stupid not to consider running a third season. In actual fact, I was incredibly unsure about whether I was going to run it this year. Having used most of the suitable tracks over the past two seasons, I was really skeptical as to whether I would be able to find any golden layouts that would really work that I hadn't used before.

Then we got 0.5Z30 and so on until the new official version of 0.6B. I was seriously overjoyed, as were most of the LFS community, at the new versions. I was most overjoyed with the increase of autocross objects, all objects on all tracks, and of course, open tracks. Due to this, all but 2 rounds are on open tracks (I would've used an open Kyoto but then realised that the open track was a bit poor for DD usage to be honest) which feature crossovers, ramps, and some of the craziest things you've ever seen (okay, that might be an over-exaggeration).

Anyway, back to business: there have been some changes to the rules, which you can now find here. The most important changes are as follows:

1. There has been a quite major reshuffle regarding championships. Now, there are only 2 championships: a race and points (overall) championship. This was changed because the original 3 championship setting annoyed some people as they thought that the points were "meaningless" if anyone could just waltz up and take the overall title without really doing any rounds. The points system for the final round will be added nearer the time.

2. Crash points are now only awarded to the attacking driver and not to both parties as was previously done; this was changed to emphasise that you actually have to hit people in this league to win it all.

3. Skins are now specified in the rules; previously there was no real restriction apart from "you have to have your number on one side" which sometimes proved annoying.

The fixture list (could change at any time) is as follows. All rounds will take place at 8pm UK time (that's 7pm UTC):

6th August: ROUND 1: "Island Of Destruction III: Hills & Spills" @ Fern Bay Club Open Reverse

20th August: ROUND 2: "Classic Crashing III: Rallycross Rumble" @ Blackwood GP Open

3rd September: ROUND 3: "The Upmarket Demolition III: The Aston Death Race" @ Aston Cadet Open

17th September: ROUND 4: "Circular Carnage III: Ring RAMPage" @ Kyoto Ring Reverse

1st October: ROUND 5 (Race points champion decider): "Urban Brawl III: Citywide Chaos" @ South City Chicane Route Open

15th October: ROUND 6 (Points/Overall Champion decider): "The Elimination Extravaganza" @ Autocross Skid Pad

The server we will be using is LFS Destruction Derby (many thanks to Ales_M and morpha for hosting this once again!)

Signups will open on the 1st of July, as they did last year. The thread will be linked to this thread to prevent what happened last year happening (basically, some people registered in the wrong thread and the threads got merged and ohmygodwhatthehellishappeninghere)

Hopefully you'll take part in the best DD league LFS has probably ever seen: whether you're a debutant, a seasoned regular, or a crazy person who has done every single race so far because he's the admin of this whole thing (hurr) I'm sure you'll enjoy probably one of the most fun leagues in LFS if you decide to take part!
I'll be there, I had fun last year.
#3 - hp999
I'll try to be there aswell, my wheel broke though months ago.
Very interesting, great work you have done!

I won't have time to race the league, but I hope to do some silly pick up racing on the server from time to time with my keyboard ;p (military sucks you know).

Best luck with this!
Oh I'm in, and this time I'll actually compete!
im in if i can remember the time difference at the start of races lol
Hey jon thanks for the message... ill try to be their if you can give more details about times ect thanks!
#8 - Uke
You can count me in already. Where can we see the last years results?
Yes please

Same as last year...
I'll be there!!
Quote from Jon606 :You DID read the first post, right?

Hey jon indeed i did read it just slipped my mind because i thourght it was gonna be like useless CAD style match dates... when ever sponge wanted 2 do 1

http://destroy.cheaphotel.de/

Quote from mr souter :Hey jon indeed i did read it just slipped my mind because i thourght it was gonna be like useless CAD style match dates... when ever sponge wanted 2 do 1

Even when this was under the CAD tag, sponge was never involved with it; this has been all my work. You remember that, right (hell, you even took part in a round of it!)?
I remember that round quite well......
Hope this doesn't clash with the Autocross Kart league times.
Quote from Jon606 :Even when this was under the CAD tag, sponge was never involved with it; this has been all my work. You remember that, right (hell, you even took part in a round of it!)?

Yeh its all coming back to me you did all the work setting it up and running it whilst sponge just did nothing and then banned all of us well hopefuly this will be even better than the previous round(s)
I'm so sighing up the last DD league was a total blast!
yo jon, i'd love to be in it, but need more info about times
Quote from jetter10 :yo jon, i'd love to be in it, but need more info about times

Dude read the topic from top to bottom and you'll find plenty of info
Jon is it going to be on a privet server hosted by you? because if not then your gonna need to post details about server and of course password
Quote from mr souter :Jon is it going to be on a privet server hosted by you? because if not then your gonna need to post details about server and of course password

I am quoting the first post:

Quote :many thanks to Ales_M and morpha for hosting this once again

Since it's a league it most likely will be a private server. My guess is that when the signups are done, and the people that are going to join are in-the-list, everyone will get the password for the server so you can practise. IIRC this is only on racetimes. On normal times when there are no races it will be public with no password.

Hope that helps!
Quote from jetter10 :yo jon, i'd love to be in it, but need more info about times

Quote from mr souter :Jon is it going to be on a privet server hosted by you? because if not then your gonna need to post details about server and of course password

Neither of you read the OP again, did you?
Or the rules for that matter:

Quote from LFS DD League Rules :Day before the round: Server will be put on TBO and the round's track and layout will be put on (for practice). The Round Information will be sent to all drivers who have confirmed via PM, which will contain the round password, the conditions, the number of laps per race, the layout, and the special areas to score the big points.

I'll race, might need reminding though, got a lot of coursework on these days.
Quote from LineR32 :Hope this doesn't clash with the Autocross Kart league times.

It does,

Still, I would love to do this though.

Signed up, this will be mental.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG