The online racing simulator
Fuel bug / changing seats (P and P2) [fixed-P3]
Race 10, 20, 30, 40 or 50 laps, at Oval with fo8, pitstop required.

My friend takes over half way. I'm very very sure Ive set enough fuel: it's always: amount of laps x 1.5 + 1 extra. (Unless you have a good drafter but thats another story)

Friend takes over and have to pit at aprox 80% of his part because fuel is gone

Funny is: sometimes I can reproduce and sometimes I can't.

What's going here ?
well if I understand what your asking then your friend must have been using the fuel up quicker. He was maybe a bit more heavy footed, drafting, having to battle with someone etc. The list is endless of possilbe reasons.

Keiran
The reason you can't always reproduce it is because, as Keiran says, there are so mant variables. This has come up before recently, and my advice was to drive some races independantly and record what each of your fuel usages are. Then use these figures to fill the tank for the joint driving.
Quote from Fiction :Race 10, 20, 30, 40 or 50 laps, at Oval with fo8, pitstop required.

My friend takes over half way. I'm very very sure Ive set enough fuel: it's always: amount of laps x 1.5 + 1 extra. (Unless you have a good drafter but thats another story)

Friend takes over and have to pit at aprox 80% of his part because fuel is gone

Funny is: sometimes I can reproduce and sometimes I can't.

What's going here ?

I'm testing this very silly bug for some months now, believe me there is no way to reproduce, there is some very annoying random bug in it.
Whatever we try, 2nd driver will be out of fuel unless ....

You set for a simple 14 laps race 20/20 fuel then you can finish while 11/11 must be enough. 15/15 or 11/15 or 15/11 or whatever wont work. I think it's time to solve this bug asap otherwise remove the seat change option because it doesnt make any sense at this way.
#5 - GerG
How about posting some screenshots or anything. like both you and your mate take a shot about the F12 Livesettings, so we can see how much fuel there is.
Edit1: One of the reasons could be (just thinking) that LFS somehow takes the "fuel load at stop" value from your mates set, and maybe in that there is not the same setting than in yours. I think that could be a possible fault. But anyways, please post some screenies.
Just to let you know - i've made a note of this to consider it for the next patch. I haven't looked in the code yet but my first guess is it may be that the fuel load value (that was increasing rapidly during the pit stop) from the original driver, may not have reached the new driver by the time of the changeover. The fuel load gets sent over approximately every 2 seconds during a pit stop, so it's possible that a maximum of 2 seconds worth of fuel isn't sent over. The fuel load is sent over less often during normal driving.

So if that diagnosis is true, then the situation would be worst with the cars that fill up more quickly (like formula cars) and more likely to happen if the changeover is very quick after the end of the pit stop.

As i said, i haven't studied the code yet but this would explain the random nature of the bug and also that most of the fill-up does make it to the new driver (just not quite all of it). The most obvious solution would be to quickly send a fuel update immediately before the "accept changeover" packet.
Quote from Scawen :Just to let you know - i've made a note of this to consider it for the next patch. I haven't looked in the code yet but my first guess is it may be that the fuel load value (that was increasing rapidly during the pit stop) from the original driver, may not have reached the new driver by the time of the changeover. The fuel load gets sent over approximately every 2 seconds during a pit stop, so it's possible that a maximum of 2 seconds worth of fuel isn't sent over. The fuel load is sent over less often during normal driving.

So if that diagnosis is true, then the situation would be worst with the cars that fill up more quickly (like formula cars) and more likely to happen if the changeover is very quick after the end of the pit stop.

As i said, i haven't studied the code yet but this would explain the random nature of the bug and also that most of the fill-up does make it to the new driver (just not quite all of it). The most obvious solution would be to quickly send a fuel update immediately before the "accept changeover" packet.

Very good indeed and tnx !

I did some testing again, 20 laps 1 stop, changing seats at 10 th lap.
Started with too less fuel, just to reproduce, yes this part I can reproduce at any time

Then we tried again the overkil with 19/21, works fine, I mean enough fuel to finishe the race.

Then we followed your suggestion as mentioned as above.

As it should be for 20 laps race, lap * 1.5 + 1 extra, (without counting draft issues...) we started with 16 % / 16 % .
When my m8 (he started) get into pit (after 10 laps) we agree that when he was ready with his pitstop he hitted the horn to inform me that he was ready.
After that sound signal I counted 3 seconds (24, 24, 24) and clicked the T.

1th attempt: I didn't hear his horn signal and as overtaker you can't see when your partner is ready...

2th attempt: He was the overtaker (2nd driver) , when I was ready with my pitstop (fuel only at 1.5 sec) I hit the horn to inform him to take over after 3 seconds. Funny result (new bug found) he could only change gears and turn his steer but no throttle and all the time I heard his (mine?) horn going on and on.

3rd attempt: We agreed to type just the lettre X instead of using the horn, after typed message I waited 3 seconds and then I go with 16% fuel for the rest of the rest (10 laps), he ! we won

It seems indeed that the packets dont arrive in time, tried 4,5 and 6 packets a sec, doesn't make a differents here.

When the 2nd driver (or 1th driver) click the green SS, the info (data) must be send faster ?
Quote from Scawen :Just to let you know - i've made a note of this to consider it for the next patch. I haven't looked in the code yet but my first guess is it may be that the fuel load value (that was increasing rapidly during the pit stop) from the original driver, may not have reached the new driver by the time of the changeover. The fuel load gets sent over approximately every 2 seconds during a pit stop, so it's possible that a maximum of 2 seconds worth of fuel isn't sent over. The fuel load is sent over less often during normal driving.

Just coming from 12 hours race of MoE and we had this bug too. I had on my screen written "83 litres of fuel" in my FXR (which corresponds to 83%). Then we change drivers quickly after pitstop finish and my teamie only has 72% fuel in.

That appeared several times during the race.
Hopefully this is fixed in P3 / P4.

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=2335

I haven't tried to test it, because it's not easy to test on my own, so it would be good if someone could verify that the bug doesn't happen any more. It should have been most likely to show up in a fast refuelling car, when the drive change is done very quickly at the moment the refuelling is finished.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG