The online racing simulator
MPR with SPR detail + Replay merge tool
Yesterday (I think) I read that MPR replays give you the final result of what has happened, while SPR ones record how it happens /or something like that/. So, we could have like an option to record SPR-like replays in multiplayer races, in which, really, only our car will matter (of course, other cars should be there too, but they will, in all cases, lag anyway). And only our car will matter because there could be a merge tool, which will accept multiple replays, see which replay is who's (or need us specify it), and merge them appropriately. That way, we can have multiplayer replays, with singleplayer quality, which, IMO, is pretty cool.

Or, to take it to the next level - by filming like this, a button could pop up next to each username (or just one button for all users) - "start filming", or just a red dot, or something, which will bring up a prompt box on the other user, asking if they want to start filming, and automatically send the replay once the "camera-man" decides to stop filming and save the replay. Then, they could be automatically merged.

Hope you get what I mean, cause it probably sounds a bit confusing. ;d
I think you are referring to the phantom collisions that have been reported during multiplayer sessions using the latest patch sets.

Scawen has said it concerns him, and I believe there are too many occurrences of this to ignore now. What you propose is an excellent idea, as all data on the local machine would be recorded, and not just the car position that simply shows the outcome in an MPR.

Looking at the MPR's for those reports does not reveal any significant forces acting on the car at the time of the incident. Perhaps a local SPR would show more of what is happening.

There could be another important benefit other than this bug hunt. That is a player could view live how a car behaves while slip streaming which is difficult to interpret from a RAF. This could greatly aid set up tweaks.
I agree that it would be beneficial for MPRs to record the local player's movements in the same way as SPR.

I think that the MPR-Merge function is a great idea also, but it seems like it would be a complicated thing to do.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG