The online racing simulator
Movie by Darkone55 (001)
(15 posts, started )
Movie by Darkone55 (001)
It has cost me some time, but here it is. My first official Live For Speed movie! I used a lot of effects in this, but not too much, to make it look a bit professional. Anyway, it's more that 10 mins long and for more info see the discription.txt, included in the .zip.

http://www.cyxian.nl/screenshots/lfsmovie001_d55_001.JPG

http://www.cyxian.nl/screenshots/lfsmovie001_d55_002.JPG

http://lfs-news.bluepixel.dk/moviespit/dl.asp?movieid=424
720x480 @ 25 FPS | 97,6 MB | 10:16 min. wmv

Enjoy!

EDIT: I'm not sure if the link works, but you find it under:
Live For Speed movie 001. 26/08/2005 102.41 5.00 11

Comments are always welcome offcourse!
#2 - KeMoT
Great movie.
It made me feel so great...
Thanks man!

Anyone else?
"Anyone else?" - Yes, me please. I think the movie was very good, I'm not sure if everyone will enjoy its style, but to me it is a 4.5(voted 5) one on movies pit.

And now a few suggestions,

You should use more camera smoothing on 'track side cameras'. You should also use less of blackwood, too much of the chicane I tell you. And a few not so important things.
#5 - LawVS
Ooh, I really loved that vid. It was certainly different from most vids in the pit (which are also awesome, but in a different way).
Ah thanks for the reply's guys!

Quote from kamkorPL :"Anyone else?" - Yes, me please. I think the movie was very good, I'm not sure if everyone will enjoy its style, but to me it is a 4.5(voted 5) one on movies pit.

And now a few suggestions,

You should use more camera smoothing on 'track side cameras'. You should also use less of blackwood, too much of the chicane I tell you. And a few not so important things.

I used Blackwood so much because it is thé LFS circuit, it's the most detailed and stuff. The camera is a bit shaky sometimes, but that's the style. I don't like perfect camera's with the cars 100% centered al the time. And for the not important things: check out the beginning. There's a real buildup in the movie (just like in the music).

You didn't get what I mean by camera smoothing I think. When you move it from left to right and so on, it looks like its moved by a mouse and not by a human hand.
Nice editing, one thing I don't like is that the beginning of the movie tends to be "dragging" too long, at one point I thought my speakers aren't working.

Anyways, the style is unique and refreshing, I'd give it a 4/5.
Fantastic editing and very TV-like scenes. In the other hand I didn't like the stunts and other "funny looking" sequences, they didn't fit because the music was so dramatic. But great movie anyway.

Also it would have made more real life-look to the movie if you had used more than one skin on the cars.
Thanks for the reply's guys.

Quote from kamkorPL :You didn't get what I mean by camera smoothing I think. When you move it from left to right and so on, it looks like its moved by a mouse and not by a human hand.

Yeah, now I see what you mean. But the problem is that I díd used a mouse, so it's quite difficult to immitate a human hand.

Quote from StanleyCarter :Nice editing, one thing I don't like is that the beginning of the movie tends to be "dragging" too long, at one point I thought my speakers aren't working.

Anyways, the style is unique and refreshing, I'd give it a 4/5.

Beginning is a bit too long, I agree, but it wouldn't really fit if I hadn't done that (with the music and stuff)

Quote from deggis :Fantastic editing and very TV-like scenes. In the other hand I didn't like the stunts and other "funny looking" sequences, they didn't fit because the music was so dramatic. But great movie anyway.

Also it would have made more real life-look to the movie if you had used more than one skin on the cars.

Well, I didn't find the music thát dramatic. I used those jumps because that's the feeling I got when I hear the climax of the track, like you're flying.

And I used the same skin as a "theme".

The movie isn't made to show what LFS is, but more how LFS could be.

Just a different approach.
Quote from Darkone55 :Yeah, now I see what you mean. But the problem is that I díd used a mouse, so it's quite difficult to immitate a human hand.

That's why i suggested you one thing up there. The smoothing(view smoothing that is) will make your mouse moves more smooth. You should also try to not stop moving your mouse, even if those will be minimal movements. Up to you now if you take this suggestion for your next movie or not.
awesome vid m8!!! very stylish, i wish i could make videos like that!

Its very real life, the way that you spectate on the cars, when u realise its only a few cars going round a track, yet it means so much to many people. I cant explain, but its a feeling you get when u have raced yourself, then go and see others racing. it seems calm....

it reminded me of KeMoTs video, and that was absolutely superb too

5/5

and happy birthday man
Love the video, very good. Well done.

(Sorry to go OT but happy birthday Darkone55)
Quote from kamkorPL :That's why i suggested you one thing up there. The smoothing(view smoothing that is) will make your mouse moves more smooth. You should also try to not stop moving your mouse, even if those will be minimal movements. Up to you now if you take this suggestion for your next movie or not.

Ok, ok. I didn't say I wouldn't use comments at a next movie. I will, definately.

Haha, and yes I'm 18 now. Thanks.

@ BBO@BSR, I'll edit the FP.

Movie by Darkone55 (001)
(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG