The online racing simulator
STAL - Short Track Amateur League
(115 posts, started )

Hello folks,

And welcome to the STAL.
The idea is to have a Small League, destined for slower drivers, who don't have time to practice, or just lack the talent (me! ) to match the pace of the faster guys in the popular leagues. Because while driving in the same track with the aliens is fun and you learn a lot, sometimes we want to be able to win races aswell.

Format :
3 x 15 minutes races per round. Each race with random (to give everyone a fair shot at getting up front).

Cars :
FXO (3% Restriction) or RB4 (No restrictions). FOX (No restriction) for the last race of the season only.

1st - 9
2nd - 6
3rd - 4
4th - 3
5th - 2
6th - 1

Rules :
- Don't cut the track, BE FAIR, if you ram or spin someone, wait for this person to rejoin the track and rejoin behind them. When in doubt, WAIT anyway. If the car you hit stay in the pits for long (to repair damage), be a gentleman and wait on the pit exit (inside the pits) for him aswell.

- Respect other drivers, remember, we are doing this for fun, and having a clean battle is more fun, even if you finish the race behind someone.

- Penalties will be applied to anyone not following the fair play rules, from points taken, to DQ, to even permaban from the league. Please understand.

- If you take too much damage, please consider retire, or at least warn your fellow racers with "damaged, limping to pits" message.

- Chats are forbidden during race. There's plenty of better times to chat.

Signup :
To see if you apply, what is considered a slow driver :
- BL1 FBM Laps : Times higher than 1.15.0
- BL1 XFG Laps : Times higher than 1.36.0
- SO1 XRT Laps : Times higher than 0.56.0
- AS3 GTR Laps : Times higher than 1.44.0
(which is about +5s off WRs)

If you are in this category of speed, you are more than welcome to join. Each application will be reviewed, and if you race a lot faster than your PBs, you may be asked to race with ballast or restriction.

Timetable :
Races will be Sundays, GMT 19:00 (7:00pm GMT) - Server will be open for 1 hour before the race, so everyone can practice and trade setups. Then there will be a 5 minutes warm-up before the first race at 19:05, and another 5 minutes between each race. End time is expected to be 20:00GMT.

Schedule :
AS1R - Cadets Meeting - May 22th
SO2R - South City Sprinters - Jun 5th
FE1 - Jamaican Racing Club - Jun 19th
AS2 - Aston National Racing Day - Jul 3rd
BL1-1 - Blackwood Historic Encounter - Jul 17th
SO3 - South City Parade - Jul 31st
FE1X (Cadet) - Cadets End Meeting - Aug 7th (with FOX instead of TBO)

Teams :
If there's interest we can rank points as team. If that is the case, then only 2 cars per team. And nothing more. Drivers AREN'T required to be part of a team.

Skins :
Basically anything that aren't offensive is fair game. I don't think there's a need for fancy templates for numberplates. Feel free to develop (or request) whatever you see fit.

Information needed for signup :
- LFS User Name
- Desired Number
- Country

If there's any need to change the schedule, please say so, i looked up the dates and given the timetable, doesn't seem to be something that interferes with something else one of people who fit here may be racing.

You NEED to have patch 0.6B installed. If you have any trouble installing it, please ask for help.

Remember this is all in good fun. So, enjoy!

Standings after Round 04
--------------------------------
1st. GAVD999 - 70 points
2nd. Bmxtwins - 46 points
3rd. ImudilaSkyline - 33 points
4th. March Hare - 25 points
5th. Velocity jnr - 23 points
6th. Silverracer - 21 points
7th. tibone - 20 points
8th. Sobis - 15 points
9th. Senninha25 - 11 points
10th. sueycide_fd - 9 points
11th. pacesetter - 2 points
Pun on GTAL anyone?

Good luck though.

May I suggest you to use the SO1X configuration for SO3? This, in order to get a real pitlane and 30 grid slots instead of 16.

BTW, 1.34 on XFG @ bl1 is only 1.12 off the WR's pace. Not so much slow really.

Last thing, I would suggest you to restrict that FXO a bit. It's arguabily easier to push as its limits than the RB4, much faster, and slightly kinder on the tyres, so I wouldn't be surprised if you'd end up with grids composed of 90% FXOs.
Yea,that XFG@BL1 time seems pretty fast,never driven XRT in SO1,but other times I can beat,so I guess officially I'm not a slow driver...
@Greybull [CHA] : Not a pun, more like, inspiration. And if it sounds good, why not use it, right ?

How much restriction ? I wouldn't want to cap it too much, but if it's going to be 90% FXO, i don't mind restricting it a little bit. I dunno, because i am actually faster in the RB4, so my basis might be a little off.

@Eclipsed : Well, those time aren't set in stone, if you think you can race competitively (instead of dominating), you can apply. I'm a flexible dude. Also, if you're only faster in 1 of those combos, i will consider that too.

Corrected the XFG@BL1, it was meant to be 1.36, somehow i managed to change. Sorry about that.
Quote from tibone :@Greybull [CHA] : Not a pun, more like, inspiration. And if it sounds good, why not use it, right ?

How much restriction ? I wouldn't want to cap it too much, but if it's going to be 90% FXO, i don't mind restricting it a little bit. I dunno, because i am actually faster in the RB4, so my basis might be a little off.

Yea, no worries. The name is actually good. Though Vince Staal might have something to say about it

3-4% would sound like a good amount to me. The RB4 has proven to be quite unbalanced with 3% restricted FXOs in other leagues, but the 3 races system give less importance to tyre management and more to starts, so this should advantage the RB4.
#6 - hp999
- LFS User Name - hp999
- Desired Number - 10
- Country - Estonia

Damn... FBM's 1:13.01, XFG's 1:33.840, XRT's 0:53.370 and FZR is 1:40.98. Gotta take some ballast on then I guess. I'm not very consistent when it comes to doing fast times whilst racing on the edge.

And also, will we also get a notification via PM, for example?
May i suggest something?

Considering FXO is much faster than the rest of the cars and also much easier to make really fast laps in, i would suggest the following:
(Normal FXO restriction is 3% up to 5% on some tracks)

Ppl that dont fit in the "slow" category can only drive RB4 and XRT (dont know why u didnt add XRT, its same class, just harder to drive)

This way you dont need to restrict FXO as faster folks will have to deal with slower (by WRs) and harder to drive cars like XRT and RB4

BTW 1.34 on BL1 is not some fast lap on track that many of us trained for months with same car

Or maybe "fast" ppl could drive FXo with 3% restrictions?
- LFS User Name - Mustangman759
- Desired Number - 21
- Country - USA, United States
-Ill probably have to take handicap (dont know)

your estimates are very slow... imho slow should be considered anything under 103.5% to 104% or so...
Ill try to come tot he races I can make
Might be best to get a rule book, IE skin rules and driving rules together. If you need any idea contact me and I will show you the rules I have used in my series.
I'd like to join too, my FBM@BL1 pb is 1.14.39 tho, I hope it fits.

- LFS User Name : ImudilaSkyline
- Desired Number : 13
Sorry for being absent in this thread, it's been a busy week.

@blackcarmafia : The reason i didn't added the XRT is that since this is targeted at less experienced drivers, i want to avoid using a popular but more difficult car to drive.

Also : Added a 3% FXO restriction rule.

So, if you have any interest in this, please sign-up.

To all to sign up, you should receive a PM soon enough with server info.

Is there interest in a test race ?
- LFS User Name - Silverracer
- Desired Number - 22
- Country - Sri Lanka
- LFS User Name - Bunny23
- Desired Number - 23
- Country- United Kingdom
- LFS User Name - Gavd999
- Desired Number - 77
- Country- United Kingdom

Edit : Also yes a test race would be good

XFG @ BL1 : 1:35.25
FBM @ BL1 : 1:17.93
XRT @ SO1 : 0:55.45
FXR @ AS3 : 1:45.81
- LFS User Name - Sueycide_fd
- Desired Number - 28
- Country- United States

Most of my Current times (except GTR and FBM) were done when i was in my alien time back in Ironhorse days, but my wheel as since broken and stuck on KB for now. I'll be happy to add ballast for XFG as i've been getting close to 1:34 on kb

Test race please yes
To see if you apply, what is considered a slow driver :
- BL1 FBM : 1:16.450
- BL1 XFG : 1:36.830
- SO1 XRT : 1:18.130 <belive that time is from the day´s i was drifting that combo.
- AS3 GTR : 1:42.270

if needed add mass or air restrictions. i´m not superfast and i have trouble to keep the phase to do the times everylap.

- LFS User Name : Nicce
- Desired Number : 69

keep me updated if i fit.
and when is the first race gonna be ? date.
-updated with FBM-XFG times.
- LFS User Name - pacesetter
- Desired Number - 7
- Country- Ireland

- BL1 FBM : 1:23.420
- BL1 XFG : 1:38.77
- SO1 XRT : -
- AS3 GTR : 1:44.130

As you can see, I've not spent too much time on most of these combos, but im not very quick anyways and only coming back into the game. Would be cool if this went ahead though
Sorry for double post, but surely it would be a better idea to have a set number of laps than 15 minute races?
- LFS User Name : Velocity jnr
- Desired Number : 13

yes, test race would be good
- BL1 FBM: 1.17.97 / 6 laps 2008
- BL1 XFG: 1.35.36 / 38 laps 2009
- SO1 XRT: 53.64 / 146 laps 2008 I'm not this fast anymore
- AS3 GTR: 1.49.81 / 6 laps Before the changes in Blackwood in ancient times.

I would really like to join.

March Hare
Finland

PS: Test race sounds good.
Quote from Nicce :To see if you apply, what is considered a slow driver :
- BL1 FBM : 1:16.450
- BL1 XFG : 1:36.830
- SO1 XRT : 1:18.130 <belive that time is from the day´s i was drifting that combo.
- AS3 GTR : 1:42.270

if needed add mass or air restrictions. i´m not superfast and i have trouble to keep the phase to do the times everylap.

- LFS User Name : Nicce
- Desired Number : 69

keep me updated if i fit.
and when is the first race gonna be ? date.
-updated with FBM-XFG times.

Check OP, may 22nd
If everyone is up to it. Test Race, this sunday May 15, GMT 19:00

SO1 (RB4 and FXO with 3% restriction)

Added mass or more intake, after the test race.

Server info will be PM'd on Saturday.

Thanks for joining.
doubt I can come, 6 hours race that day hope ya get a good turnout though
sorry you cant make it mustang

btw, how do we know if we are accepted.

(115 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG