The online racing simulator
CPW error ???
(23 posts, started )
CPW error ???
Never seen be4, what does this mean. Appears after the U patch,
drove with 1 guy for some hour, after new guests arrived, 6 or so, this message keeps returning all the time. (name/CPW) and gone ....

edit: closed U and started S patch: same problem again .
im getting the same thing now. CPW in red, what does this mean?
i now cant play lfs online at all, my other race sims are fine,
funny as it was working fine half hour ago.

please help
Quote from FOGlegsy :im getting the same thing now. CPU in red, what does this mean?
i now cant play lfs online at all, my other race sims are fine,
funny as it was working fine half hour ago.

please help

Right, started indeed some 30 mins ago.
Same here.
Loosing connection, when running server from game or dedicated, still same problem

Grtz Rico
This is the cheat protection system, normally if you are kicked it means you have a mod running.

Also, as CPW has just been implemented for S, T and U versions, the intermediate test patches will no longer work. You should upgrade to the U version now (although S and T should still work).
no mods running here
Quote from FOGlegsy :no mods running here

Which version are you using, and which host are you trying to join?
ok just updated to U and all seems to be working again now fine.

thank you
Pleased it works now - thanks
Quote from Scawen :Pleased it works now - thanks

Hehe, live can be so easy Just dl all Patch U and U can beat me as always

Tnx Scawen :uglyhamme
i'm using patch U and i'm getting the CPW error. but i have no mods running!

Help please?
Same here.. please can we get an answer from someone... no mods installed... started today, nothing changed since last update
#13 - Jakg
to cross post
Quote from Jakg :no, its that, but it has also blocked out all test patches, whitch means either you our the server are using a test patch, just upgrade to patch U and youll be fine

i have same problem with CPW i have downloaded some setups...do they count as a mod?
No, definatly not.
So far we have a brief explanation from Scawen - would a more elaborate reply be possible without giving too much away? I'm guessing (though it's nothing more than that) this was brought about following Mechanik and the recent drift/ice tyre mod?

If everything works fine on patch U on patch U servers then don't worry 99% of servers will be upgraded fairly soon, and all will be well.

On another note, does anyone know what the message MAX ALPHA OBS mean? It occured when I was spectating some FOXs at KY2, fairly soon, within a couple of minutes, of the track being changed.
The Cheat Protection system checks for changes to the program, to avoid cheating. When a check produces the wrong result, you see a message "CPW" and that user whose version of LFS was unable to produce the correct result, due to changes in the program, is kicked from the server.

Anyone who wants to report a problem with CPW, must tell me which version they are using, which host they were connected to when they had the problem, which version the host was running, how long they were at that host, if there are any problems at any other hosts, which mods they have installed (at any time in the past) and do they get the same problem with a fresh install of LFS. I can't help at all, anyone who just says they have a CPW problem.

Tristan, MAX ALPHA OBS just means you saw too many objects with transparency, in one graphics frame, and the sort tree ran out of space, so it would just not draw some objects. Transparent objects (objects wirh Alpha) must be drawn in order, furthest away objects first.
Scawen, I thought, Vic has told you my message. Variables related to tyres (those grip coeff., opt. temp and heating/wear coeff.) and air temperature aren't checked by CPW. That was quite surprising. It's possible to get an advantage by setting air temp to tyres opt. temp and heat/wear coeff. to a low value. If this is done in a smart way, it can be hard for others to notice. Ask me by email, please, I can send some more details.

@Tristan, the issues of Mechanik were closed yet in LFS 0.2.
Okay, thanks Scawen on both counts.
Quote from detail :Scawen, I thought, Vic has told you my message. Variables related to tyres (those grip coeff., opt. temp and heating/wear coeff.) and air temperature aren't checked by CPW. That was quite surprising. It's possible to get an advantage by setting air temp to tyres opt. temp and heat/wear coeff. to a low value.

Yes I got your mail, thanks for that, and that is exactly why I immediately switched on the CPW, so they are now checked. But let's not discuss specifics of hacks here.
LFS has cheat protection now? That's awesome. I hope it checks te physical memory and not just files on the HD.. Anyway.. very cool.
LFS has nearly always had cheat protection. Certainly since late demo and S1 days. Its just getting more sophisticated.
CPW - former 0.5Q setups not recognized....KICK....

CPW error ???
(23 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG