The online racing simulator
[GTR] Race 3: Aston GP
Discussion thread.
FXR strategy
Hi guys,

Just to let you know, i'll do 2 stops. 40minutes Stints. Front R3, Rear R2, 90% fuel , thats 15 laps.
The pace is 2:45, 2:46..

The set, i used Flotch WR setup modified.

I will post it, this week end, it need some tweak with the camber.

edit : added WIP Setup

cheers,
Attached files
FXO GTR_as5_R3R2.set - 132 B - 914 views
FXO GTR_as5_R2R2_40m.set - 132 B - 990 views
added setup with F-R2 R-R2, 90% fuel, 40min stints.
Suspension softer, more pressure.
Thanks to Topi setup help
Quote from MagicFr :Hi guys,

Just to let you know, i'll do 2 stops. 40minutes Stints. Front R3, Rear R2, 90% fuel , thats 15 laps.
The pace is 2:45, 2:46..

The set, i used Flotch WR setup modified.

I will post it, this week end, it need some tweak with the camber.

edit : added WIP Setup

cheers,

Nice. You're super Only problem is that I'm driving FZR and don't have decent setup for it.

Equal setups = tougher races and drivers compete not cars.
no prob... i race for fun..... and glory
Hi, well with the FZR we need to stop 3 times, i didnt made any strategy yet but i´m thinking in 100% in the start and r2/r2 tyres until the first pit stop, dont really know how many laps i can do with 100 fuel but 7.9 lap means maybe 12 in 1.43 times.

But i´m trying to find a good setup for the qualify and i´ll think about the race later.

Regards
whäääääääää!! something is wrong, i cant see any serverpassword?!
Did I miss something?

Passwords are there now!
Quote from TDSyco :whäääääääää!! something is wrong, i cant see any serverpassword?!
Did I miss something?

Me neither.
You can see the serverpasswords 2 hours before the start of the qualifying. So you should see them now.
Is joining restricted since start? I'm asking because I'm at work till 22:00 +2:00 and I'd like to get a time in qualifying if I hurry after I get off.
No, you can join later. You should always strive to be there at the start, so you wont miss the instructions, but you can join later. Of course you wont get more time

The thing is that a connected-message can distract, so please try to connect in time (and set up your wheel etc after that)
Quote from Frankmd :You can see the serverpasswords 2 hours before the start of the qualifying. So you should see them now.

BTW, who chooses those witty passwords?
Yeh I know, mr. Admkirk made them on a drunken moment I guess.
missed the qualy, sorry
but i will start next week in the last pool.
Missed the quallie to, cause i had to go to schoolcamp!

So im gonna drive in Div C.

I will try to drive 1x laps with a pace off 2.42-2.43 with the fzr. So its gonna be a surprise if i do 2 or 3 stops

cya
Quote from Vince :So im gonna drive in Div C.

you seem to like div.C alot Vince. Enjoy:smash: (just kidding )
damm my wheel doesnt work atm tried to fix it in last days but without success i´ll try again b4 the race but i dont have to many hopes 2 weaks of practice for nothing
Hmm, Servers are up but Password does not match and Track is KY Oval

It works now!!
Passwords should be working now. Race leader for div c will be me, so div a will start a few minutes later.
div.a
not sure why, but after 3 laps server went out of stash space and kicked me out. I joined to see if anyone else got the same problem, but it seemed like no one else was effected (nothing was wrong with my connection as far as I know).
A while later Sebestian reported some kind of lfs bug and disconnected.

Oh well, unfortunate for us... i was looking forward to this race.
#21 - Jay
sry guys...

offtrack in L1, T1
offtrack L2
offtrack L5

crash after one hour...oh dear

next race i can´t drive beside the track
That´s it for the rest of the season for me, again my PC let me down by crashing, so i only praccyed for the race and drived there for 1.5h for nothing...

Good luck and see you when I get my PC fixed.

-J-
That is really sad to hear.

The race for me was not as good as Im used to. Normally I manage to stay out of trouble at the start and the first few laps. I moved from 18th to 13th on the first few laps, but then gave it all away by crashing in the chicane and not going into the pits, thus loosing time. Then my second stint, I was too focussed on my tyres, and after overtaking someone I flipped it in the chicane.

So by then I was waaaay back, so I decided to do some hotlapping and see where it would get me. Sadly I didnt took enough fuel to do one extra lap in that stint, my tyres were good enough for it. So then I had to drive 40 minutes in the last stint, which was 2.45 minutes too long So at the end I am glad I never hit a lead car, I hope I didnt block one either...

At least I improved my pb to a 2:44.73
It was a good Race in Div B.
I really enjoyed it
I got a Flat just in the Lap before my last Stop and had to drive half a Lap with flat Front Right Tire, oh yes and that other 2 Mistakes which took me some Places.....
My best Race out of the 3, got a new PB 2:45:96.
First off all I'm really sorry Jonesy_ for what happened right after our 2nd pit stops. I took 88% of fuel as usual and was able to exit pits right behind you. Then I tried to overtake you on the inside of the fast right-hander and even though I was driving little slower because of the cold tires, there was still not enough grip and my car was sliding slightly towards your. Then our cars made slight contact and you went off track. I didn't want to say sorry in the middle of the race (no chatting allowed there), and so I'm apologizing now :sorry:

Beside this little incident, it was one of the best races for me in the endu league After very disappointing 2nd race in div. B (lost connection), this time it was div. A again and although there was no way I could compete with front runners, I still enjoyed it very much. Pit stops were perfect and the only other mistake apart from clash with Jonesy_ was going wide at the same fast right-hander few laps earlier (that's where he passed me before pit stop). For two-hours race having made just two mistakes (car not damaged) - I couldn't ask for more. Mouse may not be optimal steering device, but anyway I was very consistent and even made PB 2:43.76, which is not bad I think 8)

As for the finish position (8th), it was of course thanks to Torben running out of fuel on last lap. He was on 2-stop strategy (damn XRR eats less fuel than my FZR ) and I was already counting points for 9th place, when I saw him slowing down on mini-map. So that was little bonus for all the hard work in this race. Now I'm looking forward to racing on SO Long, but those nasty barriers are giving me goose bumps already... :twirl:

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG