The online racing simulator
LFSmanual.net - Log-in issues
(22 posts, started )
It appears that I started having problems logging-in to LFSmanual.net. Tried for the first times in quite a while, but I kept getting this message:

Quote :Login error
You have not specified a valid user name.

This, though my username still appears in the user list.
Please give it another try now.
Still doesn't work I'm affraid. Same error message as before.
hm i think it may be fixed now, but i hope it won't cause problems down the line. So please give it another try and browse some pages, including your personal ones, to see if all's well.
Looks like it works fine now. Many thanks for dealing with that Victor
I tried logging into it, and received "You have not specified a valid user name."
bleh, wiki has gone all bonkers with username formatting and complained about your first character being lowercase...
I think i ripped out those silly checks now - I'm no longer seeing invalid username when i try yours. Give it a go.
Quote :Database error
A database query syntax error has occurred. This may indicate a bug in the software. The last attempted database query was:

(SQL query hidden)

from within function "User::addToDatabase". Database returned error "1062: Duplicate entry 'imthebestracerthereis' for key 2 (213.40.20.1)".

Now I get a database error.
pffffffffffff, ok try now. If that still gives problems, then I need to think about it longer and at another time. Head's dizzy from browsing through wiki's code... (i'd kill for a php debugger at moments like these!)
edit - ok I've google for that term now and see there are some - guess i shall look into that at some point
Working now, cheers.
Hi,
I just tried to log onto the Wiki and got the same database error.

Quote :A database query syntax error has occurred. This may indicate a bug in the software. The last attempted database query was:
(SQL query hidden)
from within function "User::addToDatabase". Database returned error "1062: Duplicate entry '' for key 'user_name' (213.40.20.1)".

I'm actually entering my user name, but it doesn't seem to be posted.

Edit: Upper/Lower case makes no difference. First time login, therefore no cookies. Firefox 5.0 beta. Scripts enabled.

Edit2: Google Chrome, IE, and Firefox 4 all return exactly the same error.
I logged in without problems

Could you try again to see if it's working now for you too?

PS: Firefox 4 here
Quote from Whiskey :I logged in without problems

Could you try again to see if it's working now for you too?

PS: Firefox 4 here

No luck, same error even with a hard page refresh

The strange bit is the user name field not being right. Have you logged on to the Wiki before whiskey?
It has been more than 2 months since my last login
Ok thanks.

My tests have been made on xp32 to win7 x64 and a variety of browsers.

It seems the post method is completely ignoring or dropping the user name.
I have just tried to log in to it (first time never logged into it before) and also get the same database error as Squelch.

tried using xp with chrome

Error messgae : from within function "User::addToDatabase". Database returned error "1062: Duplicate entry '' for key 'user_name' (213.40.20.1)".
Thanks for confirming that GAVD999. I suspect the lookup between the two databases (LFS web and LFS wiki) is broken. The user name for an inactivated wiki account is dropping through to a default value.
Bump. Trying to upload a picture via the uploads page, and it's telling me
Quote :A database query syntax error has occurred. This may indicate a bug in the software. The last attempted database query was:
(SQL query hidden)
from within function "User::addToDatabase". Database returned error "1062: Duplicate entry 'imthebestracerthereis' for key 'user_name' (213.40.20.1)".

The regular site I can log into fine, I can edit pages and whatnot, it's just the upload part of the site where it sees me as logged out.
so just to check (coz i don't get this at all) :

When you go to http://upload.lfsmanual.net and click the login link top-right of the page, enter your login details (with user imthebestracerthereis), then you get that error message?
That's correct.
Try now
Works now, thanks.

(22 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG