The online racing simulator
Scirocco specs needed
(16 posts, started )
Scirocco specs needed
I need some informations about Scirocco 2.0TSI 200hp for some reason.

I can't find the boost pressure. I only know it's 1.2bar for Scirocco R.

Other thing I need is gear ratios. I found this:
http://exchange.goo-net.com/ca ... SWAGEN__SIROCCO/10058625/
But 5th gear ratio doesn't make any sense, it's not even possible to set such value in LFS while 4th gear is 1.078. 5th gear doesn't seem to be very short if you look at acceleration videos at YT, for example:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9p46CLBNKU
I doubt it's a mistake since 4th and 5th gear ratios for every VW or Seat with 2.0TSI engines look that way

Another thing is suspension type and - if possible - the recomended tyre pressure.

Thats for now.
The "0" in 4th gear should probably be a "2."

AVG( 1.464, 1.093 ) = 1.2785
Boost is 0.8 bar. Or so I'm fairly certain it said in the manual
Suspension type? It's McPherson as usual, if that's what you're asking.

I'm sorry I can't remember tyre pressures in my head
ah your making the scirocco mod now.oki
Quote from Amynue :I doubt it's a mistake since 4th and 5th gear ratios for every VW or Seat with 2.0TSI engines look that way

This is because there are two final drive ratios. Apply the correct one for the corresponding gear ratios, and the overall ratios will fall in order.

Quote from Amynue :if possible - the recomended tyre pressure.

They don't list values for the Scirocco but the closest Golf should run the same pressures: http://www.thetyrepressuremoni ... action=step2&maker=29
Quote from RasmusL :Boost is 0.8 bar. Or so I'm fairly certain it said in the manual

Manual? Do you own a real Scirocco?

Quote from RasmusL :Suspension type? It's McPherson as usual, if that's what you're asking.

I know it's McPherson at the front but I don't think it has McPherson at the back as well. I remember someone talking about multilink suspension at rear in that 150pages big Scirocco thread, but I'm not sure.

Quote from Bob Smith :This is because there are two final drive ratios. Apply the correct one for the corresponding gear ratios, and the overall ratios will fall in order.

So, for example to get the 5th gear ratio I have to do this:
1.093 x 3.136 ÷ 4.058
?
Had one, yes.
You are actually right about the multilink rear suspension, never thought much about that. Apparently so does the new VWs like the 2011 Jetta.

It also has a heck of a lot of electronic driving assists. Any acronym you can come up with, like ABS, ASR, EDTC, EDL, EBD and ESP. Maybe it's hard to recreate some of these, no idea VW should supply their code/pseudocode for this stuff IMO.

I dug up a few more random numbers..
Front track - 1,569 mm
Rear track - 1,575 mm
Ground clearance - 133 mm
Turning circle - 11 m
Quote from Amynue :So, for example to get the 5th gear ratio I have to do this:
1.093 x 3.136 ÷ 4.058
?

I believe in the cast of the VW twin shaft gearbox, the numerically larger final drive ratio applies to 1st through 4th, and the smaller one for 5th and 6th.
Quote from RasmusL :You are actually right about the multilink rear suspension

Since I'm not so smart about suspension, could anyone tell which suspension type from the ones currently available in LFS is closest to multilink? McPherson Strut, Tralling Arm or Double Wishbone?

Quote from RasmusL :Had one, yes.

What happened to it? Did you do the LFS vs Reality barrier crash test?
BTW are you good at making setups?

Quote from Bob Smith :I believe in the cast of the VW twin shaft gearbox, the numerically larger final drive ratio applies to 1st through 4th, and the smaller one for 5th and 6th.

Thanks.
Quote from Amynue :Since I'm not so smart about suspension, could anyone tell which suspension type from the ones currently available in LFS is closest to multilink?

Double wishbone. Essentially with multi-link I think you'll just be missing out on any dynamic toe effects, if you otherwise get the geometry right. But I'm not quite so hot on multi-link either, so could be wrong.
Quote from Bob Smith :Double wishbone.

I thought so. Thanks. I did some work today and got the double wishbone installed, that's how it looks like:

stock height

minimal height

maximal height

Is the shocks and wishbones placement acceptable? Handles pretty well

Another question - what kind of differential should I use?
Did a tyre on a Scirocco on Tuesday and the sticker on the petrol cap said the pressure is 33psi both front and rear (18 inch wheels) It was a TSI but not sure if it was the 200bhp version
u should of blacked out the data too,its clearly the scirocco specs :P
Specs are easy enough to change with LFSTweak. Although suspension specs are not. And it's "should have."
Quote from Amynue :Is the shocks and wishbones placement acceptable?

Looks sensible as a base. I don't have any data for what is correct though.

Quote from Amynue :Another question - what kind of differential should I use?

The standard car has an open diff but no idea about the faster one. In any case, traction control is probably essential.

Quote from Forbin :Specs are easy enough to change with LFSTweak. Although suspension specs are not.

Only because the developer never added them. They're no easier to change than any other part of memory. Getting them right is of course a little more difficult.
Maybe this is helpful in any way? Shows at least different values for fuel capacity and weight ...
-
(bdog922) DELETED by Flame CZE : useless bump
-
(Crashgate3) DELETED by Flame CZE : useless bump
-
(el pibe) DELETED by Flame CZE : useless bump

Scirocco specs needed
(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG