The online racing simulator
LFS dedy anti-mods
(10 posts, started )
LFS dedy anti-mods
Like that would be Eric wrote a program that is not keeping people out of cars with mods to the server. The algorithm is simple: people went to the server, it comes out of the boxes and the software scans the folder with dedy veh and veh released folder on the road. If they have the same contents, the program takes no action. If the contents of these files do not match, the program will kick a player (the whole story is recorded in a separate file "banlist") and you give him the message to clear fashion. If the situation persists, the program gives him a ban for 1 day, 1 month, etc. Desirable anti-fashion in the next global patch.

I would like to hear opinions. Thank you.
Yes, it could be easily done by comparing the MD5 hashes.
Quote from Flame CZE :Yes, it could be easily done by comparing the MD5 hashes.

Well, so what's the problem?))) would have long done, because everything these modes have low quality, slow down the simulator, can cause problems. So they are absolutely incompatible with each other, and some may even harm your computer.
Problems are that
1) There are people who want to play with these mods.
2) As long as a mod doesn't compromise physics engine, it's harmless and if it does, we have CPW for that.

This kind of checking can be done through InSim anyway, but it would require a small client-side app to run on the players' machines.
Quote :Problems are that
1) There are people who want to play with these mods.

It's generally not a problem.

If I had known programming language, it would long ago have created a program from. Developers like against these mods and I agree with them.
Devs are not fighting modders, they're fighting cheaters. If anyone wants to run a server with certain mods, he's absolutely allowed to do and I don't see a reason why he shouldn't.
Using mods as cheats (or using them on a mod-free server) is a different matter and LFS has certain mechanisms how to minimize this.
Although creating a 3rd-party anti-mod system is technically possible, it would not be an easy task.
Understandable. Well, I tossed the idea of a bone, further let the developers decide to LFS, whether it is necessary or not.
-
(Mr_Lonely) DELETED by Mr_Lonely
kill all mod webs and block them S2`s

cant drive normaly any more full of mod bugs
What is the point. From the LFS mods very painful))
depend the way you see it
yeah, some people thinks the mods are problem, and others use this mods, sometimes we could do one limit to it, for example, determine max size of the car, to not modify the structure of game, the tweak changes the hp, weight, and things, if it work online one day, this should be a problem cause compromisses more the game. One of another problem is the years passing by without new cars, tracks, or physics to the game, the scirocco we hear and see photos about 2 years but we never had it, its difficult see the same car everyday (like me, im drifter and xr and fz are so boring now...).

LFS dedy anti-mods
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG