The online racing simulator
TEST Patch T4 - OPTIONAL - Small Update 1MB
(45 posts, closed, started )
TEST Patch T4 - OPTIONAL - Small Update 1MB
Hello Racers.

This is just a small update you can get, if you want to, and you already have version S or T. It's fully compatible (online and replays) with S and T and contains just a few fixes. It's the exe only. I'm just trying to get to a fully stable version without bugs, so that's why I'm putting this up for testing.

VERSION S OR T MUST BE INSTALLED BEFORE THIS PATCH!

To Install : Replace your LFS.exe with the LFS.exe from this zip.

Changes in Test Patch T4

FIX : Croatian and Serbian should always be correctly selected.
Added four more characters ro the "Brakes / TC" translation.
FOX / FO8 / BF1 all have their own dashboard colour slider.
Some more small optimisations in car draw (graphics code).
Tiny change in skid creation code to make it safer.

Changes in Test Patch T3

FIX : Croatian should be selected by default on Croatian computer.
Throttle blip on downshift is now allowed again with manual clutch.
Suspension is stronger before it bends, but then bends more quickly.
Race penalties are now sent as stats to LFS World (awaiting update).

Changes in Test Patch T2

FIX : LFS could crash sometimes, when leaving a multiplayer game.
FIX : Downloading Skin message was partially off screen.
FIX : Colour alternation on list of games screen.
Some very small optimisations in graphics code.

PATCH Download (1MB) :

http://www.liveforspeed.net/file_lfs.php?name=LFS_T4_EXE.zip

DEDICATED HOST Download :

- LFSW Online Race Results now shows laps, pit stops, and penalty awarded.
- Handling of the bans.ban file has been changed - See T3 Thread (post 30)

www.liveforspeed.net/file_lfs.php?name=LFS_S2_DEDI_T4.zip
WOW! at this rate we'll have the game finished by the close of the week.

Great work Scawen
Cool. thanks

I think you work to hard and should take half a year holidays now
Quote from Sawyer :Cool. thanks

NO! He should keep working on the game
Quote from Sawyer :Cool. thanks

Yeah, I'm only working hard to release a stable version U, hopefully tomorrow, so I can have the time off, that I need!

But not half a year off.
Thanks for these patches! It's great to be able to change the BF1 dash colour. I can see the red shift light much better now that the dash is cyan/blue
#7 - axus
Thanks for the update - nice about the dash colours hopefully the version becomes stable soon.
Deleted.
I now get this error crash error with T4.
Attached images
Error T4.gif
Hm thats really really strange. You seem to get those errors every 2 minutes or so
Are you absolutely sure that it's not a hardware / driver problem? I havent checked all the details in the other thread, just noticed your name everywhere
Quote from Andreas Grauel :check the picture... is that correct that the blue of the FOX dashboard is darker than the other ones? illepall

Just take the sliders and change it
Yo can I request small thing that would BE very VERY useful.. : When you click on some setting in live for speed with right click.. you can instert exact value to it. BUT you cant do that with Colors..
Quote from GP4Flo :Just take the sliders and change it

Looks to me those sliders are in the same position though resulting in different colors
Get the colour you want on one slider. Press ctrl and right-click on the slider. The press shift and right click on the other slider. Also works with the colour preview (so you can do all three sliders at once).
Quote from Scawen :Yeah, I'm only working hard to release a stable version U, hopefully tomorrow, so I can have the time off, that I need!

But not half a year off.

no physics change planed?
Quote from pallokallo :Yo can I request small thing that would BE very VERY useful.. : When you click on some setting in live for speed with right click.. you can instert exact value to it. BUT you cant do that with Colors..

I suggested this already like... more than one year ago, and it would REALLY make things MUCH easier and more comfortable.

Quote from tristancliffe :Get the colour you want on one slider. Press ctrl and right-click on the slider. The press shift and right click on the other slider. Also works with the colour preview (so you can do all three sliders at once).

Yes you can copy the values, but you dont really get the exact value wou want, you rather get a crappy value for all the 3 sliders
I noticed some stuttering with the first patch, has this been corrected? It's as almost some sort of collision happens or some heavy physics calculations are going on at that split second which causes the game to freeze for 1 second and then return to normal. It's usually when I'm making a massive move or involved in a collision.

I see the skid stuff was modified. I hope that doesn't change the amount of skids drawn becuase it was way cool to see the road all messed up. Hell, unless it's the skid marks that's causing the stutters.
Quote from Bramski :I now get this error crash error with T4.

I just don't understand why you get these crashes - always in the "Draw Skid" function, regardless of which version you are using. You get the crash in the same place in the code, totally reliably, but no-one else gets this crash. I am certain you won't get this crash if you turn off skids (Disable Rubber in Graphics Options).

I wonder if this could be a memory problem, like one bit of your memory is dodgy? Is it possible to try a different memory card - or were you planning on upgrading anyway? I just can't understand why it's only you - although it looks like a real LFS program crash, nothing to do with graphics card, etc.
Quote from joeynuggetz :I see the skid stuff was modified. I hope that doesn't change the amount of skids drawn becuase it was way cool to see the road all messed up. Hell, unless it's the skid marks that's causing the stutters.

No, something was just made safer and more optimal.
Quote from Andreas Grauel :Hello Scawen,

check the picture... is that correct that the blue of the FOX dashboard is darker than the other ones? illepall

The FOX dashboard has a different maximum value of the sliders, so the sliders look the same although the colour is different.

By the way, for anyone who doesn't know already, you can copy one colour to another in the same way as you can copy values between slider bars. CTRL+right click on the large colour square, then SHIFT+right click on another colour.
Quote from Flotch :no physics change planed?

Not for version U, of course.

I am pleased with the results of the recent physics improvements, although there is plenty more to be done, in future, obviously.

Any physics changes take a long time and a lot of testing. There's plenty more to do but it's not something that can be rushed. The patch needs to be out so I am free to work on various LFS things for future versions , ovbiously including physics in various areas.
This patch makes LFS more quiet. I guess I can turn up music/car volume up and turn up my speakers
Don't know if this has been mentioned before, but I'd like to be able to sort the car type, track, amount of players etc.. by clicking on them and it would rearrange the list from smallest to largest and vise versa.

Anyways, thanks for the updates.
While said many times before, a great thank you Scawen and offcourse also for Eric and Victor. Great to see the ongoing improvements of this great game.
#25 - JTbo
I have a bug for you.

South City Sprint 2 circuit, online with practise session and 2 cars, when entering to track from garage cars are parked too close (XR GT) and they hit each other making damage too.

Maybe easy to fix.
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG