The online racing simulator
Realistic NASCAR Event Sign-Ups
(102 posts, started )
Realistic NASCAR Event

Time: January 22, 2011 from 21:00 GMT until 23:40 GMT
Server: Realistic NASCAR Server
Password will be PM'ed to you a week or more before the event if you have signed up.

http://www.spdoracing.com/eventdb/event/2778

We will be running five different races within the course of the afternoon, with three of them on KY1 in FXR, and two in XFG/XRG on a layout oval track. The repaired autocross configuration has been attached below and Realistic NASCAR Server will have it loaded for racing until an hour or so before the event. (turn 1 and 2 have been widened)

The racing done will be as realistic as possible, and it will follow a typical NASCAR style. This means that the rules will be a little different than what is typically accepted. Here is the full list of abnormal rules being run in this series:

-Small amounts of contact are allowed (I.E.: Bump drafting, "Bump and Run", ect.)

-Spectating or pitting will not be allowed unless your car has entirely come to a halt. (Running order will be set back to when previous lap was completed for restart)

-Only laps that start under green flag count. The only exception is if there are two laps to go and this will result in a green white checkered finish.

-If a full field caution comes out on final lap everybody behind the crash has their position frozen. Those in front of the crash continue to race to the finish on the final lap only.

-If you cause two cautions in a race you will be disqualified.
If you are DQ'ed in two races you will lose all points and be removed from the event.

-Reckless driving will be judged by the moderation team and penalized accordingly.

The points system will be the same as the one used in the NASCAR Sprint Cup. It reads as follows:

Finish - Points
1 - 185
2 - 170
3 - 165
4 - 160
5 - 155
6 - 150
7 - 146
8 - 142
9 - 138
10 - 134
11 - 130
12 - 127
13 - 124
14 - 121
15 - 118
16 - 115
17 - 112
18 - 109
19 - 106
20 - 103
21 - 100
22 - 97
23 - 94
24 - 91
25 - 88
ect. if needed

Bonus points:
5pts for leading 1 or more laps in a race.
5pts for leading the most laps in a race.

There is a limit of sixteen racers for this event. Here is the evening schedule:

GMT 21:00 - 10 min. qualifying begins KY1, FXR
GMT 21:12 - 10 Lap Race KY1, FXR
GMT 21:39 - 10 Lap Race KY1, FXR with line-up based on finish
GMT 22:00 - Practice on Layout
GMT 22:20 - 15 Lap Race on Layout XFG with line-up based on points
GMT 22:40 - 15 Lap Race on Layout XFG with line-up based on finish
GMT 23:10 - 20 Lap Race KY1, FXR, pit stop required (under green or caution) This race is worth double points.
GMT 23:40 - Final results are announced

If you would like to sign-up for this event please sign-up here with this following information:

LFSworld name: Cornys
Driver's Name: [WCL] Cornys #5
Nationality: United States
Number (00-99, 0-9): 5

I'm not racing in this event, that is just an example of the entry forum. Apply now, we'll accept as may applications as we can get, but for the 3rd and 4th race we'll only be able to accomidate 16 drivers.

Also, if you are willing to help me moderate that would be appreciated, but I'll have to know that you're reliable and trustworthy.

Racers (28/16)
00 - KxR-Rodo
1 - 7KaratElon
3 - Ign
6 - [α] xyx
7 - TheLastParakeet
07 - 7karat shh
08 - Goc/J.Telkkälä
11 - MTDZX-Master #11
12 - ºG Madarmy™#12
17 - [Pß]®M.Moraes
21 - MTDZX-Master #21
22 - DNT#22 A-Men
23 - [WCL] Low Power
25 - [α] Miriø
26 - Nikki Minaj
27 - SR Ion MD
41 -GRP Ricardo Forero
42 - [THC]Ippe
46 - SR <KPD>
63 - Goc/T.Parker
65 - Goc/J.Koskinen
69 - [Cm] ZuDiKnE
76 - CD™|Jerem'
81 - /// L.Araújo
83 - KxR-Kremilekcz
86 - ºG Nuno™ #86
93 - [WCL]H.Kiviniemi
99 - SR cbr902gt
Attached files
AU1_Pokeo_Raceway.lyt - 4.1 KB - 296 views
LFSworld name: jiko93
Driver's Name: [WCL]H.Kiviniemi
Nationality: Finland
Number (00-99, 0-9): 93
#3 - Mirio
LFSworld name: Mirio
Driver's Name: [α] Miriø
Nationality: Germany
Number (00-99, 0-9): 25
LFSworld name: zippytheone
Driver's Name: Goc/T.Parker
Nationality: British
Number (00-99, 0-9): 63
#5 - xyx
LFSworld name: xyx
Driver's Name: [α] xyx
Nationality: Slovenia
Number (00-99, 0-9): 6
Just thought I'd bring this up to everybody.. should we do layouts or not? It was brought up to me and I'm not sure it would work out perfectly .. What do you guys think?
#7 - Mirio
As I said I think that the layouts will the too chaotic, because of several reasons like flying cars that hit other cars, huge crashes and the yellow flag rule. We would drive slowly after every crash and thats not really racing.
Maybe 5 Oval races (1 reverse?) would be fine.
All right, I've changed Pokeo big time and it's very racey now We're still going to race on it

In other News: I've just announced a full Realistic NASCAR Season that will be run this following year. I'll post a sign-up thread here soon . This event will not be part of the season but rather just a fun event All Events are on the Event Calender now
10-20 lap races don't seem particularly "realistic." Although, there may be a slim chance no one will fall asleep with races so short. Very slim.
Quote from Forbin :10-20 lap races don't seem particularly "realistic." Although, there may be a slim chance no one will fall asleep with races so short. Very slim.

Yeah, it's not realistic as far as that goes.. check the event callender and you'll see what I have planned as far as realistic though lol.

This is a shoot-out race of sorts just to text out the new server and interest pool.
LFSworld name: ElonB13
Driver's Name: 7Karat Elon
Nationality: Denmark
Number (00-99, 0-9): 1
LFSworld name: nuno_86
Driver's Name: ºG Nuno™ #86
Nationality: Portugal
Number (00-99, 0-9): 86
Both have been added to the roster Thank you
#14 - KPD
LFSworld name: KPD
Driver's Name: SR <KPD>
Nationality: Ukraine
Number (00-99, 0-9): 46
LFSworld name: Ion MD
Driver's Name: SR Ion MD
Nationality: Moldova
Number (00-99, 0-9): 27
Both have been added

Also, if there are more than 16 entrys the qualifying session before the first race will determine which drivers will be competing. So keep signing up guys

There will be a team champion, a Country champion, and a Driver's champion.
LFSworld name: UnknownMaster21
Driver's Name: MTDZX-Master #21
Nationality: Finland
Number (00-99, 0-9): 21
LFSworld name: Griphos
Driver's Name: Griphos
Nationality: USA
Number (00-99, 0-9): I'm usually 25, but I see that's taken, so I guess I'll be 24.
lol thanks for signing up, we finally have an American racing in this American style event

Both have been added to the list

Griphos, since you're not on a team I'm going to place you on your own team named GripRacing (GR)
LFSworld name: mumpen1991
Driver's Name: MTDZX-Master #11
Nationality: Germany
Number (00-99, 0-9): 11
LOTA used layouts for the XRT league and that wasn't chaotic at all by far. Should give it a try.

LFSworld name: sueycide_fd
Driver's Name: Nikki Minaj
Number (00-99, 0-9): 26
Quote from Sueycide_FD :LOTA used layouts for the XRT league and that wasn't chaotic at all by far. Should give it a try.

LFSworld name: sueycide_fd
Driver's Name: Nikki Minaj
Number (00-99, 0-9): 26

Added, but what should your race team be called?
Quote from Cornys :Both have been added

Also, if there are more than 16 entrys the qualifying session before the first race will determine which drivers will be competing. So keep signing up guys

There will be a team champion, a Country champion, and a Driver's champion.

Maybe a quali race before every race? Some might be disappointed.
Or more slots like.. 20!
Well, that slots actually might have to be 15 because the limit on Autocross is 16 per race, and we need a pace car. I think we'll be able to run without a pace car on autoX until a driver falls out of the race. Once the first car drops out the pace car will join the race there.

On second thought, the top 16 in points after race #2 will be allowed to race in the next 2 races at AutoX. Then everybody will be allowed to race in the double the points event at KY1 to finish it out.

I'm gonna have to expand my spread sheet if there's over 16
That sounds good to me.

(102 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG