The online racing simulator
Live for Speed Endurance League - Rough Edit
(15 posts, started )
BigTime Productions was approached by a group of people who had envisioned a new endurance league. It was a new idea, which had never been done before. I loved the idea so much that I agreed to make a video for the league.

Despite this being one of the brightest league ideas I've seen in years, and in my opinion would have been one of the most popular endurance leagues of all time, the development of the program fizzed out. I do not wish to point out who and what the league was comprised of.

This video was created as the intro for the league's race broadcasts. This was created over 7 months ago. This is the rough edit of what would have been the introduction to the broadcasts. This is not to be considered a finished product, but I hope you all enjoy it, as I hope the creation of this league happens in the future.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGAwyM0AA2w
Good as always. I liked it.
BTW, most of your videos are quite short, I would like to see longer videos from you because it's fun watching them. I know that this is promotional video, but even your other videos are usually short. Would be nice to see something like 4 minutes of nicely edited racing scenes.
Quote from andRo. :Good as always. I liked it.
BTW, most of your videos are quite short, I would like to see longer videos from you because it's fun watching them. I know that this is promotional video, but even your other videos are usually short. Would be nice to see something like 4 minutes of nicely edited racing scenes.

It takes Nolan 8 months to make a 45 second long clip, you just calculate how long it would take for him to make a 4 min clip

ontopic; amazing camerawork and editing as always N!
Very nice stuff.

May I ask what was the general concept of the league? From what I see in this vid I guess it was more or less having an endurance league with various car classes and very different venues over the different rounds, rather than sticking on one/two unique car class(es) for the whole season. But now I might be wrong.

BTW some car skins are missing(you can clearly see it at 1:03 for example), wasn't there a way to fix that before recording(even without using the actual skins used that day, maybe the skins from another round or something)?
If they aren't posted on LFS desktop or on my hard drive then I of course leave them be. Some people might be offended if I add/change their skin.
.... the league had a nice logo though

As for the general concept, that is yet again another thing I cannot discuss publicly. The creators will see this thread and they can comment on it respectfully. I just have no idea if they ever plan on doing this in the future, thus I don't want to just give their idea out to the public.

There was a lot more work to do on this video. We had planned a lot of image overlays with data about the series, etc.
Thumbs up and Fav.
Just as always Nolan, very nice racingvideo,
Watched it two times.

Greetz.
Great work as always, Nolan
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Very nice stuff.

May I ask what was the general concept of the league? From what I see in this vid I guess it was more or less having an endurance league with various car classes and very different venues over the different rounds, rather than sticking on one/two unique car class(es) for the whole season. But now I might be wrong.

It was an attempt to try something completely different with endurance leagues. Each car class would be used once per season, and each venue, including rally, would be used once per season. The length of each race was between 3-12 hours. It was a great idea in some ways because with so much variance we would always have different combos every season.

We might pursue the idea again in the future, it matters what happens with a couple leagues.
Good work Nolan

Like always

I hope rules of this new league will be good
Very concentrated video, what, of course, is good. Interesting camera work and very nice edit. Good job BigT! Oh, saw myself too. As I notice, in race of Baltic Cup 2009.
Thanks. It really is a shame this didn't go through. I would have really liked to put the final layer of effects in it. Anyways, I'll have more works in the future.
Excellent camera angles, perfectly tunable with the music. Simple and clearly. I like it. Great work.
Quote from PMD9409 :We might pursue the idea again in the future, it matters what happens with a couple leagues.

IDK how I missed this so sorry for the late post. Obviously me and you are in touch Phil, but feel free to put me in contact with your partners if you guys ever get this rolling again.

(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG