The online racing simulator
#1 - ajp71
Remove live anti-rollbar adjustments
I'm not going to complain about the brake bias adjust being in the road cars. However the live anti rollbar adjustments just seem daft to me. No car I know of is able to do this trick so why shouldn't it be a pitstop adjust?

Having said that there may be a method of tweaking it with all the technology in F1 cars and possiblly F3000 but certainly not in Formula Renault and the road cars.
Can't say I've ever used it, except maybe when tinkering with sets or hobbling back to the pits with a fooked car.
Agreed. But the racing cars will probably have an adjustable anti roll bar, so they can go from fully hard to fully soft. In LFS you could make the live settings go from zero to the setting in the setup, but people would just run really high settings in the setup and keep the adjustability.

However, some of the settings in both F11 and F12 should have reduced ranges. In fact I really hope the next patch seriously restricts some of the settings on some of the cars. Having 4 possible diff types in a Formula 3000 isn't going to happen in real life. Same with the gear ratio's being reduced in resolution.

On the flip side the F1 car should keep the (almost) full range of things as presently there, and add a few things, like bump stops (important) and more damping options.

Overall, a +1
Even my Pro Kart "sort of" has an adjustable front chasis torsion which - if i'm bold - I could adjust whilst driving without tools. Infact the blasted thing has fallen out before and thrown the handling off totally !

At the moment it does seem that all of LFS' adjustable setup/physics options are available to all cars even if it's not really viable that those aspects be editable. It needs a bit of a sort through for each car to say, "that should stay, that should go".

It's more than just the roll bar adjustment which is an issue here. +1
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Yeah, +1 here too

(just because :rolleyes
Quote from ajp71 :I'm not going to complain about the brake bias adjust being in the road cars. However the live anti rollbar adjustments just seem daft to me. No car I know of is able to do this trick so why shouldn't it be a pitstop adjust?

Having said that there may be a method of tweaking it with all the technology in F1 cars and possiblly F3000 but certainly not in Formula Renault and the road cars.

The Indycar series has had cockpit adjustable anti-rollbars for as long as I can remember (well before the IRL/Cart split), both front and rear:

http://www.popularmechanics.co ... 69136.html?page=5&c=y

"The GForce chassis also uses 4-wheel independent suspension with unequal-length control arms, pushrod-actuated coil-shock units and cockpit-adjustable antiroll bars front and rear."

There's a lot of other cool techy type stuff in that link most of you might enjoy. Worth a read
#7 - J.B.
Most series don't allow it. Brake balance and engine mappings are two things that can often be adjusted.
#8 - Tomi
They should also remove the hand brake of the BF1.
Quote from Tomi :They should also remove the hand brake of the BF1.

And the other formula cars.

Actually, F1 cars cannot have handbrakes.

Also, live settings should be usable offline, some people like driving against AIs
#10 - Tomi
I haven't tested them after the patch, but I'm quite sure they didn't have one before the patch.
All cars had handbrakes before and after the patch. And duke is correct, handbrakes (or any secondary braking system) are forbidden in F1.
Quote from tristancliffe :However, some of the settings in both F11 and F12 should have reduced ranges. In fact I really hope the next patch seriously restricts some of the settings on some of the cars. Having 4 possible diff types in a Formula 3000 isn't going to happen in real life. Same with the gear ratio's being reduced in resolution.

I can even imagine for example open diff only, fixed gearbox etc for UF1, there is no reason why this car should have milions of setup options, other cars gear ratios should be based on gear tooth ratios, ...
Nascar I believe you can adjust your rollbars while in a race, they also change spring rates and shock rates. I have not seen any road cars that you can change these while in the pits, but maybe you can if somebody wants to slide under the car to change the setting =P

*Edit* As a whole though the road cars could have more limitations, but then we all have unlimited budgets so would it really matter? =P The reason that leagues put rules like that in place is to limit costs.
#14 - Vain
Necromancy! :eek:

...Sorry for awakening the dead, but I sincerely think this should be given a thought. And by the way, it's not in the suggested improvements log.

Vain
Quote from Tomi :They should also remove the hand brake of the BF1.

And reverse gear too. Or atleast add a virtual pit crew that will come to push your car backwards
Quote from geeman1 :And reverse gear too. Or atleast add a virtual pit crew that will come to push your car backwards

Why? F1 cars have a reverse gear...
Quote from geeman1 :And reverse gear too. Or atleast add a virtual pit crew that will come to push your car backwards

F1 cars must have a reverse gear
It have been in the rules a long time
Quote from keiran :Why? F1 cars have a reverse gear...

They do, but they aren't allowed to use them in the pit lane. Cars cannot be reversed under their own power in the pit lane, they must be pushed.
Quote from duke_toaster :They do, but they aren't allowed to use them in the pit lane. Cars cannot be reversed under their own power in the pit lane, they must be pushed.

Oh, ok.
Quote from geeman1 :Oh, ok.

It's a rule in most series - the last thing we want is a BMW driver reversing in to his pit crew in typical BMW driver ignorance style.
Quote from duke_toaster :It's a rule in most series - the last thing we want is a BMW driver reversing in to his pit crew in typical BMW driver ignorance style.

Yup, that's true, it's not only a rule in the F1 series. Cars cannot reverse in the pits, there's a bunch of these rules where cars have to be pushed or aren't allowed to be pushed.
i thaught to my self the otherday the road cars etc need stiffer antiroll bars

realistic or not, it saves a load of time making sets to be able to adjust them while you drive instead of going back to the pits, and then doing 2 or 3 laps to warm the tires to test your new settings.
An aside, but still related: Why can't we change roll-bar/brake-bias/etc when we are in single player? It could make setup testing a bit easier.

The only reason I can think of is that some (crazy!) drivers would change their settings every corner while hotlapping.
#25 - Vain
1. Changing the live settings should be possible in singleplayer.
You can repair yourself with resetting in singleplayer, so you should be able to make use of other functions like the live settings.
I also like using this option to make setups. Perhaps the F11 menu should even be expanded for singleplayer to make setting up cars easier.
2. It should be restricted to realistic settings in multiplayer and hotlapping.
The BF1 needs a TC, brakes and diff setting.
Almost all cars shouldn't have any setting. Show me one XRT driver who can modify his rear ARB while driving!
I specifically think about the idea of "Only one setup allowed"-leagues. Currently the idea fails because of the F11 menu.

Vain

Remove live anti-rollbar adjustments
(37 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG