The online racing simulator
Multiplayer Server list - Getting a lot of "No Reply" responses
Hi Guys,
Im new to the LFS S2 world, only buying my license 3 days ago.

I have one problem though, when I go to multiplayer mode, and go "display a list of hosts" it shows up about 10 - 15 servers - that all work..., but says 50 - 60 "No Reply" What does this mean, and why is it doing it?, Can i fix it?

Also occasionally I get an error message that says Host did not recieve UDP packet... What does this mean?

Sorry to be a complete n00b, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
mirage1
( AUS Matt )
Hi there, welcome to LFS S2 and the LFS Forum!

The "No Reply" from servers and the "Host did not recieve UDP packet" connection error keeps popping up randomly (for me) and continously for some users.

I'm not a techie, but from what I've read either the router or ISP is blocking the UDP packets (no idea what that means).

Try these;
If you're not the current Z28 patch, update your current version (can be downloaded from www.lfs.net)
Turn on TCP, TCP = [yes] in the Host list screen and refresh

And have a look at this thread: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=68219

Quote from Blackburne :Hi, I used to have that problem as well. What I did was I disabled IP Flood Detection in the router configuration and that seemed to do the trick. Hope it works for you too.

Good luck!
Do you have a router or a firewall? Make sure that both of these allow LFS to send UDP packets.
Bump, came across this tonight, was working fine yesterday, firewalls are down, ping is fine...
Quote from mirage1 :Also occasionally I get an error message that says Host did not recieve UDP packet... What does this mean?

I've had this in alot of games, If you own your modem / router - Turn off uPnP "Universal Plug n' Play"

I don't know what exactly that does, But toggling it off sometimes helps, And sometimes it's better for it to be on, Like, If the game requires a Open NAT .. Leave it on, But I don't think LFS would need that.
-
(imthebestracerthereis) DELETED by imthebestracerthereis : Anger + Internet = no good.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG