The online racing simulator

Poll : Should we have the old voting system?

Closed since :
Yes, we should have the old voting system.
No, I like the new voting system more.
LFS Photomode Competitions: Improvements & Suggestions

Hello,

Some people have been lately saying they don't like the LFS Photomode Competitions anymore, it used to be better, the new voting system is bad, themes are bad and so on.
Since it's not only me who is participating in these competitions, then I thought it would be fair to ask everyone's opinion about this.

I also made a poll, where you can vote if we should have the old voting system back or should we continue with the new one.
And you can also suggest new things you want to see in this competition or don't want to see or what you want to change and so on. You can tell your opinion about anything that is related to this, every opinion will be taken in consideration and maybe things will be changed in future. But you should also understand that maybe your suggestion won't be taken in consideration and it won't be added to the competition. Anyway, it's all up to you now...

And you can also give opinion on this suggestion by Lynce and JO53PHS. I hope they don't mind if I put it here because I didn't ask them permission, when I tried to PM JO53PHS he had his PM full and I posted on forum, that he should empty PM, but I didn't get any reply. It was suggested by Lynce when JO53PHS was still running this competition, so I don't know if he wants me to make it like that or he wanted to do it himself.
Anyway:
Quote from JO53PHS :What Lynce suggested to me (ish) (and what I might do soon) is to have a main 'master' theme for a number of rounds, and then have the winner of each round choose a 'sub-theme'

e.g. Main Theme = Magazine Cover
Sub Themes = Car Reviews Magazine / Racing Magazine / Drifting Magazine / Tuning magazine / Rally Magazine / others

If I started this it would be Round 69 at the earliest

This topic will always be for competitions improvements and suggestions, so if anything changes, it will be told here.
#2 - aoun
I think that's a pretty good idea. Gives people a second chance or another shot at doing something similar, though at the same time, may get too repetitive.

At the same time there's been 70+ competitions. I suppose it could start to get old.
Maybe more recognition for the winner?
Maybe Win Tally's at end of a season (say, 10 comps a season) gets a prize..?
I've always thought about having forum achievements to unlock etc to get the community closer, perhaps if we had that, theres a bunch right there. So i suppose the options we have on this fourm (no custom titles etc) limits us.
#3 - 5tag
The one with the main theme is actually a bad idea. We are already struggling to find new interesting themes now (at the moment round 72 looks like an erotic calendar). The sub themes would end all the same and nobody wants (for example) magazine covers to be a theme for six or eight weeks...
I really like the competitions, but you should try different topic where people can edit a screenshot on.

For example, the latest topic "Pit Girls", thanks kinda nice yes, but there are some very young people around these forums.
Quote from rockclan :For example, the latest topic "Pit Girls", thanks kinda nice yes, but there are some very young people around these forums.

That's a really bad arguement.
Nah, I meant in general.

You really think that this theme is not suitable for "younger people" because there are some lightly clothed women in the pics when they can just as easily search for completely naked women?
Quote from zeugnimod :Nah, I meant in general.

You really think that this theme is not suitable for "younger people" because there are some lightly clothed women in the pics when they can just as easily search for completely naked women?

Truth aswell
Come on guys, you can't be too young to look at nice boobs
Quote from aoun :
Maybe more recognition for the winner?
Maybe Win Tally's at end of a season (say, 10 comps a season) gets a prize..?
I've always thought about having forum achievements to unlock etc to get the community closer, perhaps if we had that, theres a bunch right there. So i suppose the options we have on this fourm (no custom titles etc) limits us.

Prizes like what? If you think money. If it would be money, there should be at least 10EUR prize, which is still too low, but I am no rich boy and I have other things where I can use that money for. If someone would sponsor with the prize, then we can think of something, but the idea that I have to pay and everyone is just competing is quite odd for me, especially when there are so many unfair voters. Since I can see the votes I see who people vote for and I see that many times some people are probably asked from someone to vote for them, but since I can't prove anything and the votes are not disobeying the rules, then I can't do anything about it. But winning a prize for that wouldn't be fair.

rockclan- I don't choose themes, the winners do, so I can't just change themes to whatever majority or I like unless they are too rude/racist/sexual etc. This theme we have now is almost on the lowest level of not considering it to be a theme, but then again, it's not too sexual to use it. You have to win the competition and then you can choose the theme yourself.
I suggest...

No any kind of External Render "like the magazines themes", and use the less possible External images...

Is kinda "sad" looks some "work`s" in LFSPMC when the 90% of the img is a render or a RL photograph

If you wanna show the "Trully" beauty of lfs , dont user external img or renders, they ruin it in some cases
Inouva, you have mixed up somewhere. There hasn't been any winner or even any competitor in the voting who entered with a render because in rules it says you are NOT allowed to use renders and so they are NEVER taken in consideration. I am 99% sure that there hasn't been any render in the voting, especially in the podium section in hall of fame.

But then again, if we forbid to use the external images, then there will either be less competitors because people will be too lazy or unable to create the whole edit in the Photoshop or the edit's quality level will decrease due to the reason, that many people might not be able to make nice pictures by drawing/doing everything themselves. It's always easier to use external images of course, but many of the times it really looks better than any other edits and since everyone can do the same, I don't see a problem with that.
Quote from andRo. :Inouva, you have mixed up somewhere. There hasn't been any winner or even any competitor in the voting who entered with a render because in rules it says you are NOT allowed to use renders and so they are NEVER taken in consideration. I am 99% sure that there hasn't been any render in the voting, especially in the podium section in hall of fame.

But then again, if we forbid to use the external images, then there will either be less competitors because people will be too lazy or unable to create the whole edit in the Photoshop or the edit's quality level will decrease due to the reason, that many people might not be able to make nice pictures by drawing/doing everything themselves. It's always easier to use external images of course, but many of the times it really looks better than any other edits and since everyone can do the same, I don't see a problem with that.

In some point you are right, but if ppl is lazy to make the edit for a competition then dont participate, lately we are having more and more and more entries with externals img and that in some way kills the "Art" that lfs can provide.
Quote from Inouva :lately we are having more and more and more entries with externals img and that in some way kills the "Art" that lfs can provide.

I had to do this, since LFS F was to slow to upload my screen.

It was 2.0mb.
#15 - 5tag
Quote from Inouva :In some point you are right, but if ppl is lazy to make the edit for a competition then dont participate, lately we are having more and more and more entries with externals img and that in some way kills the "Art" that lfs can provide.

I see no problem with that. I'm happy it has become mandatory to post external images used so you can see what the author of an edit has done himself and what not. For me that is a very important criterium since people started to fit LFS cars into photographs backgrounds.

I would rather want to see external images forbidden too, but I can see the decrease in interest this would result in so I'm happy as is now.

All I can say is: Look at the first rounds of the competition! They are filled up with competetive, creative and often detailed edits, that don't need external images.
Quote from 5tag :I see no problem with that. I'm happy it has become mandatory to post external images used so you can see what the author of an edit has done himself and what not. For me that is a very important criterium since people started to fit LFS cars into photographs backgrounds.

I would rather want to see external images forbidden too, but I can see the decrease in interest this would result in so I'm happy as is now.

All I can say is: Look at the first rounds of the competition! They are filled up with competetive, creative and often detailed edits, that don't need external images.

That i was saying
But also look at the competitors in the first rounds, there were so many great editors, but nowadays you can barely see them.
Quote from andRo. :

Hello,

Some people have been lately saying they don't like the LFS Photomode Competitions anymore, it used to be better, the new voting system is bad, themes are bad and so on.
Since it's not only me who is participating in these competitions, then I thought it would be fair to ask everyone's opinion about this.

I like the forum poll better, But you should really stop the "Model" Themes and so forth, Anything that makes women (Or guys, I don't really care) Look like complete total whores, Then it shouldn't be allowed, I kinda thought that was discriminatory.

"Pit Girls" and "Women drivers" Come to mind. I'd still be just as mad if
Read your posts. There's an interesting point in them. The more complicated is the topic, the greater is your dissatisfaction. Maybe it's better to look for the reason not in the topic's difficulty, but in your own knowledge?
Hmm, voting is very close and right now it is tie, so vote people!
Untied
Voted
Okay, voting ended and as you can see we are going back to the old voting since the majority liked the old one better.

If there are any other suggestions anyone wants to say, you can still tell here whenever you want.

Quote from TehPaws3D :But you should really stop the "Model" Themes and so forth, Anything that makes women (Or guys, I don't really care) Look like complete total whores, Then it shouldn't be allowed, I kinda thought that was discriminatory.

"Pit Girls" and "Women drivers" Come to mind. I'd still be just as mad if

Hmm, yeah, I kinda agree with this, so from now on the topic will be checked more seriously before posting to forum, so that it is not offensive to anyone on the forum etc., This doesn't mean people won't be able to choose topics anymore, everything stays the same as before, but the topics need to be somehow not offensive and logical to be as a theme. Anyway, if I will not agree with some theme, I will PM the winner so that he chooses different theme. But we will see in future how it goes.
I would really like to have the old voting systems, too. Forgot to vote.

Some other suggestion andro.

What do you mean about a "Video of the Month"?
Start with free topic and the winner is maybe deciding the length of the movie and of course the topic of itself. But he isn't allowed to join his own competition.

Just a litte suggestion by me, it would be just different.
Good suggestion, but what does it have to do with me? I don't make movies and I don't know how to make them + that would be another competition. There would be picture and there would be video competition, two different things.

Or did you mean, you want me to run it? I can run it, but I know nothing about movie making, so I would suggest someone who knows about it more to run the video competition. You can do it yourself, if you want, you know a lot about movie making.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG