The online racing simulator
more live settings for BF1
(18 posts, started )
currently, when in car, you can adjust only brake balance and anti-roll bars...

but look at all those knobs on f1 steering wheel - on real car, they are used to adjust TC behavior, and some other aspects of car setup... it would be nice to have all their functions in LFS...

for example, slip angle of TC should be in live settings.. this one is already in setup screen, so it can't be too much of a problem to add it to live settings - it would be helpful in long races, to control tire temps and wear...
i was about to ask this, how do you adjust the brake balance and arb in car?
#3 - ajp71
Quote from neo force KP61 :i was about to ask this, how do you adjust the brake balance and arb in car?

Press F11 then use arrow keys. Works for all cars.

Maybe the TC button could be changed into a button to cycle through different TC settings in 2% incriments?
i thought that but arrows dont work for me. do i have to configure them to it?
lol we need alot more heres a website i found telling all about whats on the Ferrari F1 wheel (which i have a huge poster above my computer of it and its interesting)

http://www.expeditionexchange.com/sema2002/DSC01937.jpg

quote:
There are LED displays to give crucial information to the driver. The two small LED displays on the top of the wheel display RPM's and time, respectively. The large LED display above the Ferrari logo displays the gear selection, water and oil temperatures, vehicle speed, lap times, and actual time.

Buttons abound on this steering wheel. The two white buttons on the top of the steering wheel control the front/rear braking balance during qualifying. The blue button marked "S" selects neutral on the gearbox for pitting. The red button marked "L" is a rev limiter for the pit lane, as speed limits in the pit lane are strictly enforced by FIA. The red button marked "U" operates the differential lock. The amber button marked "RADIO" is to permit communication with the pit team. The blue button on the bottom right of the steering wheel turns off the engine.

Though hardly visible in the photo, there are two gray paddles behind the steering wheel. Depressing the paddles will upshift or downshift the gearbox, with the left lever being depressed to downshift and the right lever being depressed to upshift.

The steering wheel also features several dials to enable Schumacher to control his vehicle settings. The green dial adjusts the brake balance between the front and rear brakes to suit different track conditions and brake wear during the race. The blue dial controls the fuel/air mixture. The red/green dial in the center of the wheel controls the intensity of the power steering. The yellow and red dials control engine braking. The multicolored dial at the bottom is used to control the clutch when the clutch is failing or has failed.

although that is the old F1 wheel, it still shows several of the things you can do with it
F11 is for pit adjustments in the prev patch / old cars. Is it in real time on the BF1? Do they adjust brake bias and ARB in F1 in the car? or have to pit?
F12 is pit options

F11 has always been live settings with adjustable antiroll and brake bias
Quote from neo force KP61 :i thought that but arrows dont work for me. do i have to configure them to it?

Try Shift + arrows.
i don't want to make a new thread for it, but when looking at the streering wheel, the other thing came to my mind - the differential in BF1...

from the setup screen it seems to me that bf1 uses the same salisbury diff model as the other cars in lfs... but in f1 diffs are quite a bit more sophisticated - they are electrohydraulic, and the way they transfer torque to each wheel can be changed in real time by car's onboard computer, depeding on track and car conditions...
so that would be IMHO a nice feature to implement...
Quote from Nitemare :i don't want to make a new thread for it, but when looking at the streering wheel, the other thing came to my mind - the differential in BF1...

from the setup screen it seems to me that bf1 uses the same salisbury diff model as the other cars in lfs... but in f1 diffs are quite a bit more sophisticated - they are electrohydraulic, and the way they transfer torque to each wheel can be changed in real time by car's onboard computer, depeding on track and car conditions...
so that would be IMHO a nice feature to implement...

The fancy active diff is the traction control.
Here's a shot of the McLaren steering wheel with cursor roll-over function. Notice 3 dials for differential and 1 dial for lowest available gear. (if you select "4" then you cant change to a gear lower than fourth). Also notice menu scroll buttons (green) and "enter" button (black with white cross)

http://www.mclaren.com/feature ... steering_wheel_popup.html
Quote from PLAYLIFE :Here's a shot of the McLaren steering wheel with cursor roll-over function. Notice 3 dials for differential and 1 dial for lowest available gear. (if you select "4" then you cant change to a gear lower than fourth). Also notice menu scroll buttons (green) and "enter" button (black with white cross)

http://www.mclaren.com/feature ... steering_wheel_popup.html

Very interesting, those would be interesting things to have in the BF1
If you can think of a keyboard designation or wheel bind for every one of those, then let's have 'em in the game

It's an excellent resource, though, thanks for that link

Sam
I can't wait to have a working "DRINK" button in the BF1
Not sure about this 'water' stuff, though, it sounds distinctly non-intoxicating

Sam
Quote from XCNuse :lol we need alot more heres a website i found telling all about whats on the Ferrari F1 wheel (which i have a huge poster above my computer of it and its interesting)

http://www.expeditionexchange.com/sema2002/DSC01937.jpg

quote:
There are LED displays to give crucial information to the driver. The two small LED displays on the top of the wheel display RPM's and time, respectively. The large LED display above the Ferrari logo displays the gear selection, water and oil temperatures, vehicle speed, lap times, and actual time.

Buttons abound on this steering wheel. The two white buttons on the top of the steering wheel control the front/rear braking balance during qualifying. The blue button marked "S" selects neutral on the gearbox for pitting. The red button marked "L" is a rev limiter for the pit lane, as speed limits in the pit lane are strictly enforced by FIA. The red button marked "U" operates the differential lock. The amber button marked "RADIO" is to permit communication with the pit team. The blue button on the bottom right of the steering wheel turns off the engine.

Though hardly visible in the photo, there are two gray paddles behind the steering wheel. Depressing the paddles will upshift or downshift the gearbox, with the left lever being depressed to downshift and the right lever being depressed to upshift.

The steering wheel also features several dials to enable Schumacher to control his vehicle settings. The green dial adjusts the brake balance between the front and rear brakes to suit different track conditions and brake wear during the race. The blue dial controls the fuel/air mixture. The red/green dial in the center of the wheel controls the intensity of the power steering. The yellow and red dials control engine braking. The multicolored dial at the bottom is used to control the clutch when the clutch is failing or has failed.

although that is the old F1 wheel, it still shows several of the things you can do with it

last I heard an f1 wheel costs $50,000

more realistic features =
F11 is too hard to use while driving....
Really? I've never had any trouble one-handedly adjusting settings on the straights, or even in long corners. If you're using a keyboard, it should be even easier on the straights, because you don't have force feedback pulling your car around to worry about

Sam

(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG