AS7
KY2R
WE1
CBA
BL1
FE2p
KY3B
LFS Porsche Carrera Cup
Following on the from the failed attempt at a restri ... etup series using the FZR, we (PMD and myself :razz have developed a setup to make the FZ50 GTR resemble a Porsche 911 GT3 Cup car used in the Porsche Carrera Cup of Great Britain, with equal cars of 420bhp and 1150kg and very limited setup adjustments.

We would like to give the setup and car specifications a trial run, at a track TBA, to see how well it performs and what the racing is like. Like the real life series the trial race would be 30 minute (hardcore) qualifying, and 2x 20-25 minute races - with the fastest and 2nd fastest laps for each driver in qualifying setting the grid for each race.

Attached is a base setup, with the fixed values in place, and the semi- and completely adjustable values in the middle of their ranges.

Fully adjustable values
  • Added mass position
  • Brakes (force/bias)
  • Anti-roll bars (rear/front)
  • Tyres Pressures
  • Rear wing angle
  • Tyre manufacturer (though Michelin does supply all of Porsche's tyres :tilt
  • Tyre compounds - R2, R3, R4
Semi-adjustable values
  • Ride height - Minimum 0.080m
  • Stiffness - either 80, 90 or 100n/mm (adjustable rear/front)
  • Front toe in - either +0.0 or -0.1 degrees
  • Rear toe in - either +0.0, +0.1 or +0.2 degrees
  • Clutch Pack Preload - 80-180nm
  • Camber - between -1.5 to -1.0 inclusive (adjustable rear/front) - can be asymmetric
Non-adjustable values
  • 10% air intake restriction
  • 50kg added mass
  • Bump damping - 8.0 Ns/mm 6.5 Ns/mm (rear/front)
  • Rebound damping - 8.5 Ns/mm 7.5 Ns/mm (rear/front)
  • Steering lock - 24 degrees
  • Parallel steer - 100%
  • Caster - 6 degrees
  • Final Drive Ratio
    • Clutch Pack LSD, locking 37 % power / 52 % coast
    • 1st gear = 3.167
    • 2nd gear = 2.133
    • 3rd gear = 1.722
    • 4th gear = 1.348
    • 5th gear = 1.115
    • 6th gear = 0.931
    • Final drive ratio = 4.000
  • Front wing - 3 degrees
Attached files
FZR_LFS-PCCbase.set - 132 B - 1141 views
If you need a server to test on, we have put one up.

Server Name: LFS Porsche Carrera Cup
i can be SC?

lololololol
well i wanted to get dibbs before Jp's jumpers asked :P
There's no SC.
great idea, cant wait for it to develop further
#8 - Bean0
Hmmmm
sounds good but how will you be able to police the setups in race?
Sounds very interresting indeed
Yup,interesting but i have same question as Mr. Bunby
Probebly everybody needs to stay on track after race / qual and SS to 1 person who can check them
Probably something along the lines of all drivers sending their sets to the admin, and he'll check them and dq/penalise all drivers on cars running illegal setups.

Sounds great guys... to take it even further, will there be a possibility of seeing classes like in PCCGB? Pro ProAm1 ProAm2. That would be awesome if you guys could replicate that!
I'm not too up-to-date with it all, but I believe it's a small-ish HP difference and 1 or 2 year old cars.
Quote from jakeeatworld :Sounds great guys... to take it even further, will there be a possibility of seeing classes like in PCCGB? Pro ProAm1 ProAm2. That would be awesome if you guys could replicate that!
I'm not too up-to-date with it all, but I believe it's a small-ish HP difference and 1 or 2 year old cars.

Not really a good idea imo, why have a seperate class with minimal difference? Just adds some small unnessesary complications. But just my opinion
Quote from pacesetter :Not really a good idea imo, why have a seperate class with minimal difference? Just adds some small unnessesary complications. But just my opinion

You are right, taking the view as a regular to league racer, but creating classes could make this league more accessible to newbies racing in leagues.
Yeah I understand, but as well as having less hp, the drivers will be slower and stuff, and if a newbie-version of this league is to be ran, well then maybe it'd be better to do it on a seperate pool.
sounds intersting...
Quote from BreadC :sounds good but how will you be able to police the setups in race?

As Rudy said, by sending setups to the admin(s), basically if you shift+p/s before being told to you'll be DQ'd. It might be a bit time consuming if we have a full field, so could just be top 3 + half of the remaining drivers at random. In qualifying, we'd ask some drivers to send their setup in the session, before they get to make another pitstop.

Regards classes, the PCCGB has classes to boost the numbers, by allowing lesser drivers and older cars to compete, we hopefully can get enough numbers so shouldn't be a problem, unless someone wants to be in the Pro-am class
Ive done around 20 laps with it now and i found it a really cool car, its not the easyest under braking but IRL porsches are bitches under braking aswell, and in the end its the same for everybody.

The limited set up makes it even better, with the base set thats attached in the first post the car is quite twitchy on slow entries, but after some changes i managed to get the car stable on entry's and sligtly oversteared on exits. So it might be hard to try for the first time but after some laps u will get used to it.

Lets get some test race going!
Sounds great... I'd be willing to give it a try...

Any idea on sched? Number of races? Day/Time of the week?
Quote from MindCrime :Sounds great... I'd be willing to give it a try...

Any idea on sched? Number of races? Day/Time of the week?

The idea as of now is to see the interest of drivers. If the idea is liked (seems to be so far) then we will run a test race. If people still continue to enjoy the idea then we should be able to do a nice league for it.
Sounds interesting and will have a go if it s on.
This sounds interesting =)
sounds good.

LFS Porsche Carrera Cup
(58 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG