The online racing simulator
FBM Trophy to start Sunday 8 August

Summer just got more interesting! Starting 8 August, four Sunday evening drives in August and early September make up Open Wheel Racing League´s 2010 FBM Trophy. In the four events LFS drivers contest a qualifying race, sprint race and main race in the Formula BMW. The season starts at Fern Bay Gold and will have a special event at Aston Club, where a layout will be used.

Please note: races will be held on Sunday evenings with the qualifying race starting at 19:30 CEST. Both are different from the traditional OWRL standards, so OWRL veterans please keep this in mind before you join a day early! The change has been made for this season to prevent clashes with LFSCART and other events.

Participation is open for everyone. You will have to create an account at owrl.de and then can proceed to use your account to signup for the 'upcoming events' and set an online time before the signup deadline. Multiple servers will be used if more than 24 drivers sign up.

Times set on LFS World (online pb's and hotlap) will determine the server you drive on and the grid for the qualification race. The qualification race sets the grid for the sprint race. After the sprint race, the top 8 of the finishing order is reversed to create the grid for the main race. Both the sprint race and the main race are awarded with points.

Calendar:
R1 08 Aug - Fern Bay Gold (sign up)
R2 15 Aug - South City Town (sign up)
R3 29 Aug - Aston Club (special layout, sign up)
R4 12 Sep - Blackwood GP rev (sign up)

Events schedule:
19:30 Qualifying race - 10 minutes, grid order based on tracker
19:50 Race 1 - 15 minutes
20:15 Race 2 - 30 minutes (top 8 reversed)

owrl.de
FBM Trophy competition page
Looks interesting, im not going to make first round, but others probably
#3 - Mr.46
Ya, sounds nice, every round possible for me, yet
Definitely looking forward this!

BTW, great move with putting the race to Sunday evenings in order to avoid clashes with LFSCART and others. I appreciate that!
I hope to make the first race, would be my first real LFS event actually! Though I've been around in periods for quite a few years, it's not until recently I've adapted a passion for single seaters, but I hope I won't embarrass myself too badly.

A few questions; can we expect this trophy to go by the Div. A/B-rules, rather than F1? I'm mainly thinking about the shift-p rule, although I see there's a few other situations where the rules differ as well.

Secondly, I only have access to the forums "OWRL Infos" and "OWRL discussions", can I expect the server name and password to be posted there or is there a forum section still hidden from me? I did read this in the info:
"You have to be part of the usergroup "member" to see the server info forum. You can check this at your profile settings.",
but I can't seem to find anything regarding this in my profile (which makes me think I'm in fact not in any usergroup), or how to join the group if necessary.
Quote from maxter :
A few questions; can we expect this trophy to go by the Div. A/B-rules, rather than F1? I'm mainly thinking about the shift-p rule, although I see there's a few other situations where the rules differ as well.

Div A/B rules with Shift+P allowed

Quote from maxter :
Secondly, I only have access to the forums "OWRL Infos" and "OWRL discussions", can I expect the server name and password to be posted there or is there a forum section still hidden from me? I did read this in the info:
"You have to be part of the usergroup "member" to see the server info forum. You can check this at your profile settings.",
but I can't seem to find anything regarding this in my profile (which makes me think I'm in fact not in any usergroup), or how to join the group if necessary.

I changed your class now to MEMBER, so you should be able to view all the forums you need
Works a charm, many thanks for swift action and reply.
No problem, don't hesitate to ask either me or one of the other admins if you have any further questions

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG