The online racing simulator
NDR Public Racing Returns... Again
A couple of times in the past we've had some really quite good TBO racing on the New Dimension Racing public server, and today, the server returns for another run

With a number of multiclass servers now at the more populated end of the LFS server list, there was really a lack of servers that had simple, single class, enjoyable racing.

With NDR.TBO Racing, we aim to provide the following things
  • A points system, but on a 'just for fun' basis. You don't need a certain level of points or level of experience to drive certain cars. All the cars available can be driven by anyone and everyone. All the points from the previous running of NDR public server are saved, so you maintain your rank from last time the server was running.

• An almost totally clean racing environment, with no tolerance for idiotic driving and unsporting behavior. NDR admins will be on server as often as possible and will actively watch drivers behaviour, and issue any appropriate penalties.

• A reporting system to report bad drivers when an NDR admin is not available. This can be found at http://support.newdimensionracing.com.

• Lack of Airio dictatorship. We have airio running, but it is configured to assume that racers have a certain amount of common sense.

• Track rotation of 5 races per track, 8-9 minutes per race.

AS: 1/r, 2/r, 7/r
    BL: 1/r,
    SO: 1, 5/r, 6r
    WE: 1,
    FE: 1/r, 2, 3/r
    KY: 2

As with all NDR TBO events, the FXO will require a 3% restriction to stop it owning everyone

Join now at NDR.TBO Racing

Currently a bit empty but following this major plug post it should fill up somewhat. Server downtime will occur sometime later tonight due to 500 servers maintenance, but the server should be up and running fully after this.

If i've missed any details please tell me. This is quite likely because i'm bad at writing plug posts.
Yay!
mmm maybe ill visit
#4 - Uke
I'll visit it now.
Soundsgood
Finally a TBO server that's not multiclass! I love ya
#7 - G!NhO
Let the hype begin again!!!
I'll give it 2 months, then it goes down again and in 5 months it will be back again!
Nice guys, I hate multiclass
Quote from G!NhO :Let the hype begin again!!!
I'll give it 2 months, then it goes down again and in 5 months it will be back again!

Actually this time we should have enough servers to avoid that having to happen
Quote from G!NhO :Let the hype begin again!!!

I herd NDR liek combacks, aswell as dinnarz
Quote from dekojester :Actually this time we should have enough servers to avoid that having to happen

yeah enough servers, but you need people on it. Thats the hard point.
2 weeks, then it's gone.

And let's say in december '10 it will be opened again.
Early 2009
Quote from TexasLTU :Early 2009

It's actually down at the moment - the server is currently being "fixed" by Franky & Friends.
And will go down again in 2 weeks by Franky & Friends
Im afraid we'll have to live with that. Can't afford elsewhere than Franky's since Jack never paid for those "i was young, i needed the money" -photos I sent him.
-
(IMOL) DELETED by IMOL
A n00b's guide to NDR Public Racing:

Please note none of these rules are supported by most of the server admins, and please don't take any serious note of them. All rights reserved. Copyright 2010. Total amount payable £759.13865. See instore for details.

General Rules:
  • Swearing is not permitted, unless you're calling Ellis a ********, a ******, a ********, a *********** or a *****.
  • Wrecking is not allowed either, apart from 2 exceptions. You can wreck Ellis as much as you like, because we all love him, and you can wreck boothy all you like, because to be frank if you'd have overtaken him instead he'd have banned you anyway.
  • Cutting corners is ok as long as your car is red.
  • We don't care if you think your car crossed the line [first], we're not giving you the win until Scawen gives us the Scirocco.
  • The admins are all very friendly*, so feel free to join the banter. *Terms and conditions apply
  • There is a points system. I can't remember what it is, deko probably made it whilst high so it'll not make any sense.
  • Don't annoy deko. He haz banhammah.

Rankings:

1337 Rank
Pr0 K4rt0r
Timo Ranked
Ellis Ranked
Deko Ranked
(The Stig) Ranked
n00b
Dunno.

Notes:
  • When you start you get a "Dunno" rank, cos we dunno what your rank is yet.
  • (The Stig) Rank was going to be at the very top, where it belongs. However I didn't want to fill in the paperwork concerning Jack Sedgwick's death by laughter and Timo's death by shooting himself after seeing he was worse than (The Stig).
  • Whilst Deko ranked, there is an increased chance of crashing, particularly if the server is being broadcasted.
  • After attaining the Pr0 K4rt0r rank, you are immune to punishments, of course because you're a pr0 k4rt0r, no incident can possibly be your fault - it's always the guy you crashed into.
  • If you attain 1337 status, you are entitled to a 3 course meal at the Ritz courtesy of NDR.
  • Successfully rinsing Chris Wilkinson promotes you to the next rank automatically.
  • Calling Ellis "Michael" promotes/demotes you to Timo Rank
Airio Functionality:

Because Ellis and Thilo are rich, and Timo actually has a job, there's the full expensive version of Airio on server. Here's a little guide to some of the functions.
  • !top does not display the fastest times, but instead a measure of NDR's superiority. Holy Leader Jonathan Palmer is always top with a 00:00.00 lap, followed closely by comrades booteh and CSF. If you dare beat any of their times, they will force you to look up their kilts. And yes, they're from a part of Scotland where everything is "au naturelle" down below.
  • We're the first server to implement new language options. Type !lang <language> to change it. Here's some NDR exclusive ones:
    • !lang deko - Same as American English, but everything is in capitals. Intermittent swearing is also included; the frequency of which is proportional to the time elapsed since the last meal.
    • !lang ellis - The most amusing option. Same as Queen's English, however after every message there is "11!111!!!11", followed by either "::" or "fp". It also makes other changes to the Airio functionality. Airio will disconnect and reconnect almost randomly, but ALWAYS when you're about to actually use it for something useful. Occasionally there will be a message of "dinner brb" before it disconnects.
    • !lang intrepid - Same as English, but it features emboldened text, plus every so often "KARTING!" and "BBC IS TEH SUCKORZ!!" will appear on screen.
    • !lang d.dawes - Same as Canadian English [which is the same as American English but includes the words "friendly fire", "thin" and "maple syrup"], but every word is preceded by a lower case i.
  • If you're a member of Tiger Express Motorsports, you can type in !ahelp. Nothing will come up, it's just to remind you that on most servers, the vast majority of people on there don't know the admin password.
Car Choice:
RB4
Driven only by Zeugnimod, Deutschland2027 and n00bs, it's slow and easy to drive. But deko can still crash it.
XRT
Driven by d0r1ft0!?!!?!1///! -ers, but actually a pretty good racing car. Be careful not to overheat the rears and become a d0r1ft0!?!!?!1///! -er.
FXO [w/ 3% restriction]
For some reason the most popular car, despite the rampant understeer when you hit the throttle and rampant oversteer when you come of it again.
-
(SCA-F1) DELETED by SCA-F1
#18 - CSF
Oh good another server to ban Ellis from..

Quote from J@tko :
  • Swearing is not permitted, unless you're calling Ellis a ********, a ******, a ********, a *********** or a *****.

Is calling Ellis "Michael" allowed?
Quote :Cutting corners is ok as long as your car is red.

My car is red, can I swear A LOT if grey cars pwn me?

Quote :Don't annoy deko. He haz banhammah.

Here's a pic of him in action I got from a very reliable source:

Quote :
Rankings:

1337 Rank
Pr0 K4rt0r
Timo Ranked
Ellis Ranked
Deko Ranked
(The Stig) Ranked
n00b
Dunno.

Nonsence. Ellis Ranked should be the best.

Quote :RB4
Driven only by Zeugnimod, Deutschland2027 and n00bs, it's slow and easy to drive. But deko can still crash it.
XRT
Driven by d0r1ft0!?!!?!1///! -ers, but actually a pretty good racing car. Be careful not to overheat the rears and become a d0r1ft0!?!!?!1///! -er.
FXO [w/ 3% restriction]
For some reason the most popular car, despite the rampant understeer when you hit the throttle and rampant oversteer when you come of it again.

I thought d could crash FWD also
why is deko above stig? definetly should be stig then deko :P deko wrecks pacecars for a living
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Is calling Ellis "Michael" allowed?

HOW COULD I FORGET THIS FROM SUCH AN IMPORTANT DOCUMENT!??!?!

I shall add at once.
#22 - CSF
Yeah there should also be a Kings Brother rank I guess.
Quote from J@tko :I've got way too much time in my hands but unlike normal teenagers I will not merely wank but use my fingers for something that will make everybody laugh at me. Yes. At me. Not with me.

As a thank you for this generally useful guide, I shall gift you the following picture that would be inappropriate to post on a public forum.

http://newdimensionracing.com/ ... iler/76_4b322fedeb92c.png
I don't wreck pacecars for a living, only when I'm on camera while driving the pacecar.

Otherwise, I merely am slow.
Quote from J@tko :Successfully rinsing Chris Wilkinson promotes you to the next rank automatically.

:doh:

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG