The online racing simulator
Will We Ever Drive the LX8 GTR??
I was kinda hoping it would make a triumphant return to S2 in the new patch.

If LFS can handle a F1 car, surely it can handle the LX8 GTR now?? It's the prick tease of LFS and I want to bloody drive it!!

And where are the grid girls? Must me make more threads requesting them??

Been at work all day and soon I lose my Patch T virginity (didn't get to play with Ms Patch S went to bed 10 mins before it came out. Damn you sleep before work), I'm getting a little nervous and excited, reminds me of that time in my car many moons ago when this girl and I...

for the return of the LX8 GTR

Edit: Posts No.:187 - Murder, Death, Kill
I've never seen the LX8, can you post an image, or link to one .
Here's some shots of it from pre S2 Alpha days.

Pretty much an LX6 but with flared guards, slicks and a V8 engine similar to the F08's.... all that equals fun!
Attached images
anni28.jpg
anni29.jpg
anni32.jpg
anni33.jpg
#4 - Goop
Quote from Rotary :reminds me of that time in my car many moons ago when this girl and I...

Watched a drive-in movie? Did laps of Main Street? Played Travel-Chess?

:woohoo: for the LX8 GTR!
with the updated phsics, there might be a chance that we see the lx8 in some form again. they stated already that the skins of the lx4 and lx6 are going to be updated, this might go for the rest of the cars aswell.
i seriously like to have a lx8 because i like the lx6 very much, even if it was hard to drive till yesterday...

peace mo
#6 - herki
I'd love to see the LX8 GTR. Maybe it would be a pain-to-drive LX again. I love the new tyre physics, but before there was the nice-to-drive LX4 and the evil LX6. Now they are both nice to drive. I want to have a evil car again
Yeah, no excuses. LX8 for S2 final!
+1
lx8. all i see is slicks.
those could be edited. After all, on the third skin it says lx6 on it.
LX8 GTR, RA GTR, RB4 GTR and RB4 rally.

Unless we get GTi dragster or UF1 monster truck (for teh ovals )
We want LX8 GTR!

And also an RB4 GTR.
#12 - Jakg
Quote from Rappa Z :lx8. all i see is slicks.
those could be edited. After all, on the third skin it says lx6 on it.

look, the skins werent properly developed, but if you look in the news archives it says about it, so the car definately existed, but was abondoned as nothing else would be quite like it (nothing to compete i mean, although i dont see whats wrong with a few single make series!
I sold my Caterham, (was spending too much time in the shop getting upgrades, and the guy who was working on it has a chronic illness, so the Caterham has a new home new San Francisco, where there is someone that can work on it). The last set of upgrades got the 2.3 liter 4 cylinder Ford Duratec up to 250hp. The USA version of the the Caterham CSR 260 will end up with about the same 250hp (we have lower octane gas in the USA, so the hp drops from 260hp to 250hp). The CSR weighs about 1400 lbs, a tad heavier than my Caterhan SV, but the CSR has a stronger frame, and even more race oriented suspension setup. They drooped the nose a bit to reduce the front end lift (at 100mph, the lift would have been 100lbs, but now it's just 20lbs, so less understeer at speed). For the USA, Cosworth in Long Beach, California is doing the engine upgrades.

Since the real 4 cylinder is getting 260hp as opposed to the LX6's 190hp, maybe it's time for a name change in the LX series that's based on power instead of number of cylinders. There's a 200hp option for the CSR, and some of the older style Caterham optional engines only have 140hp. Seems like a good range, 140hp, 200hp, 260hp.

For the high end LX, it should have the 13 inch wheels and either DOT or slicks, similar to the actual Caterham CSR. DOT tires result in about 1.3'gs of cornering, slicks about 1.5g's. The CSR already come with the dry sump systems you need to handle 1.5g's without causing oil starvation issues. The cars also have the frame strength, suspension, bearings, ... to deal with 1.5 g's. The main reason for the high conering g's is that light cars <1600lbs can use very soft compound tires, so a DOT tire for one of these cars is much stickier than a DOT tire for a car > 2500lbs.

However these are future possible enhancements to the garage of cars. So far, I'm happy with the new patch T.
Quote :look, the skins werent properly developed, but if you look in the news archives it says about it, so the car definately existed, but was abondoned as nothing else would be quite like it (nothing to compete i mean, although i dont see whats wrong with a few single make series!

caterham series only.
...i would like to see LX8 in S2 final it might not be problem to handle it in current physics
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Well, the argument for not release lx8 is that it was going to be without competition...

So, the FO8 is without competition, FOX is without competition, BF1 is without competition...... So will they remove those cars ???

And it was already developed, so it isn't a big work to put it in a next patch.
I talked online with someone who had driven the lx8 before a certain alpha version was released (dont ask how) anyways he said the power/weight ratio was just to insane. i wouldnt mind driving the lx8, but i think lx6 is good enough for me (edit: maybe traction issues?)
Quote from nismodallin :I talked online with someone who had driven the lx8 before a certain alpha version was released (dont ask how) anyways he said the power/weight ratio was just to insane. i wouldnt mind driving the lx8, but i think lx6 is good enough for me (edit: maybe traction issues?)

But now with the new tyre physics, maybe it's possible to control the car...
Quote from JeffR :*long post*

Nice. Do you have have experience with the Caterham on track? If yes how would you compare it to the new physics?

I've never even seen a real Caterham but I think LX4/6 is the best handling from the road cars. Maybe a bit too aggressive sliding doesn't seem so unrealistic with the LXs because they are crazy sliding machines in IRL too... according to the movies.

http://video.google.com/videop ... 8462445397&q=caterham
http://supervroum.noalia.net/c ... _de_vienne_voiture_18.wmv
http://supervroum.noalia.net/c ... en_ternois_voiture_18.wmv
more good quality vids: http://supervroum.noalia.net/chameau/spy
Looks lovely!!!
Quote from deggis :Nice. Do you have have experience with the Caterham on track? If yes how would you compare it to the new physics?

Never got a chance to take it to a track (no trailer, closest track is 130 miles away), but I've pushed pretty hard on a local parking lot sometimes used for pro solo events, and just messing around. Even though 1st gear was tall, redlining at 62mph, it was still easy to get significant lift throttle oversteer if near the limits.

Quote :I've never even seen a real Caterham

Pics of the one I used to own:

ctm.htm

Quote :crazy sliding machines in IRL too

Caterhams and most non-downforce light cars use bias ply DOT tires or bias ply slicks. There's virtually no loss in grip when the tires slide, so you can seem some wild driving, although it's not the quickest way to drive them.

Here's a another good site of a guy who did a lot hot lapping in his caterham before going over radiator fluid at Spa which wrecked the car (he put up the videos of this too). He's in the rebulding process now. The last few movies were made with a Sony HC1 (HD) camcorder (I've got one of these too), and the picture quaility is very nice.

http://www.jackals-forge.com/lotus/
Quote from nismodallin :I talked online with someone who had driven the lx8 before a certain alpha version was released (dont ask how) anyways he said the power/weight ratio was just to insane. i wouldnt mind driving the lx8, but i think lx6 is good enough for me (edit: maybe traction issues?)

Traction is one issue. The peformance tires for lighter cars, like Avon CR500s, are much stickier than peformance tires on heavyer cars. I had 250hp on my Caterham SV, a 1300lb car, UK versions were running 260hp on SLR's which are about 1150lbs. Now Caterham is selling 260hp CSR. These are driven all the time. Note that power to weigh ratio with a driver is about the same as the 2006 Corvette Z06.
What Rotary said
Quote from JeffR :Traction is one issue. The peformance tires for lighter cars, like Avon CR500s, are much stickier than peformance tires on heavyer cars. I had 250hp on my Caterham SV, a 1300lb car, UK versions were running 260hp on SLR's which are about 1150lbs. Now Caterham is selling 260hp CSR. These are driven all the time. Note that power to weigh ratio with a driver is about the same as the 2006 Corvette Z06.

Sounds GOOD to me! and of course if they add traction control, that sounds like it would be quite a fun car. Would a Caterham have traction control by the way?
Quote from nismodallin :Sounds GOOD to me! and of course if they add traction control, that sounds like it would be quite a fun car. Would a Caterham have traction control by the way?

It would be the quickest way to boost sales, but the quickest way to absolutely ruin the car. Drivers cars should not ever have TC.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG