The online racing simulator
Long long road [old old idea]
(12 posts, started )
Hi most of you probably would like a very very long strip of road to see how fast you can get a car to go. Is it possible to make one?
#3 - amp88
Quote from Jacko1 :Hi most of you probably would like a very very long strip of road to see how fast you can get a car to go.

I don't want a long, long road and I don't like people speaking for me

Check out Bob Smith's Vehicle Handling and Performance Analyser for predicted in-gear speeds.
#4 - bbman
Quote from Jacko1 :Hi most of you probably would like a very very long strip of road to see how fast you can get a car to go. Is it possible to make one?

A car's top speed is reached when the available propulsion is canceled out by the resulting drag... Do I really need to have a mind-numbingly boring and otherwise completely useless strip of road to find that out? Can you think of any challenge such a venue would provide that you can't find in a shorter version on the already existing drag strip?
Yes I do because some of us like to experiment.
I have a question: Once you reach that top speed, what then? What purpose has that served?
Quote from ChiliFan :I have a question: Once you reach that top speed, what then? What purpose has that served?

"Hey, this car goes xxx mph" is about it. Of course you have a few cars to do it with, but you will be bored after about an hour when you have went through all the cars.
#8 - STF
Quote from ChiliFan :Once you reach that top speed, what then?

This.

Have a train of 10+ cars bumpdrafting away, longer final gear and hope to hit the limiter? Yeah, what then. Might as well turn it upside down and check it like that.
Quote from STF :This.

Have a train of 10+ cars bumpdrafting away, longer final gear and hope to hit the limiter? Yeah, what then. Might as well turn it upside down and check it like that.

Well if turnin a car upside down is your idea of fun then you do that even if you got sick of it, it would be fun for awhile.
Try Oval (KY1)
#11 - STF
I was talking about going flat out and finding top speed about until gas runs out, you got that right not my idea of fun.

I have to admit I thought about it, as in "how would that actually work", when I first read about it, here(more precisely, here).

It might be interesting for a short while though, but if you really wish to find out "top speed", there are other ways.

Sure you could tweak it, but then you`d just pop the tyres at speed due to excess heat buildup in the sidewall (flex). 97845613.02 km/h xfgs anyone? Yeah right.

Would be good just for a laugh, but kind of useless, IMO.
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48
Quote from brandons48 :Surely a long stretch of road going downhill would be more fun? Infinite distance, just going downn...down...downn..dowwnn..

And then put many red-white barriers

(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG