The online racing simulator
[PATCH S] CTD when too many cars crash [FIXED]
Hey Scawen

We are experiencing a bug that happens when there is a major crash in T1 alot of guys will "crash to desktop". Again, I don't know why, but this only happened when there was a major crash (7-10+ cars involved) in T1.

We are playing with the BF1 at Aston North.

[ ]'s
Here is a crash I got when trying to view a "fast rotating" car (using shift + v).
Attached images
crash.gif
Thanks Florian : that is now found and fixed.
In the german lfs forum there have been reports about CTDs as well. Unfortunately without any error messages.
Florian, please show them my picture (attached) and ask them to run in a window, it possible, so they get the error message.

Alternatively, even better in fact, if they could run Dr Watson, then send us the Watson Log. That provides more detail about the state of the program at the time of the crash.
Attached images
crash_report.jpg
Quote from GP4Flo :Here is a crash I got when trying to view a "fast rotating" car (using shift + v).

By "fast rotating" do you mean spinning wildly on its end and top etc?
If so then that's what happened to me.
we tried to reproduce it again, and it works, but i don't get any debug window and Dr Watson says no errors found.

I survived the first few crashes though.

It happens if you crash with a full grid with the B1 in T1 at aston GT.
my one
Attached images
bug t1.JPG
Hello Scawen! \o/

@first:
Really nice work!!! :lovies3d:

But i have this ctd at starts (Think, same as GP4Flo?) :
Attached images
ctd_start.JPG
next one
Attached images
bug 2.JPG
to be continued ...
Attached images
ctd_log.jpg
error

same server
Attached images
error.jpg
Another one....
Attached images
bug.jpg
o;
Attached images
lfsbug.JPG
OK guys!

Thanks, those crash reports are all the same bug, address 4208b6 <-- same as reported by Florian when he saw a spinning car.

Has anyone reproduced the crash that happens when you leave a host?
Quote from Scawen :OK guys!

Thanks, those crash reports are all the same bug, address 4208b6 <-- same as reported by Florian when he saw a spinning car.

Has anyone reproduced the crash that happens when you leave a host?

give us a howto ;-)
Well... it's just... you can leave a host where some people are, and sometimes there's a crash. I don't know nay more than that.
we had a very long session at kyoto long, it never crashed there, and we had alot of start crashes (with the GTRs though). (there joined and left alot of people).
no problem here.
The "Crash when watching rotating car or multi car pile-up" bug is now fixed, and there is a fully compatible Patch T available on our website.

The full version is following as well, but the patch is already there. Thanks for the bug reports.
works fine after patch t !!!!

thx
Hi

crash deskop kyoto oval start race

Rebel
Attached images
Capture-1.jpg
Quote from PCT_Rebel :Hi

crash deskop kyoto oval start race

Rebel

Thanks. This is fixed in the new patch T, which is available at www.liveforspeed.net
Quote from Scawen :Thanks. This is fixed in the new patch T, which is available at www.liveforspeed.net

thanks scawen

is installed

let's play
Rebel

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG