The online racing simulator
[v1.4.3] LFS Vehicle Alarm
(142 posts, started )
Current Version: 1.4.3
(06/05/10 - 13:50)

Hey guys David here with another addition to the most pointless LFS Apps

Here I have a Car Alarm for LFS!! Yes I know what you're thinking... Why would anyone ever ever use this?
Well to be perfectly honest, I dont know... Maybe when a user is AFK they set the alarm and go eat/drink/whatever reason to be AFK
Then if their car is hit or moved then the alarm will start going...

Yep I bet you're still thinking, BUT WHY!!!!!
Again I see on here its not been done.. I love programming.. I could do it.. So I decided to do it (Yep I Was Bored at 2am and decided to make it)
So onto the (pointless? :tilt App I made:

Features/ChangeLog
Very Simple Messy UI

Car Horn Key: Well that pretty obvious, Your LFS Horn Key
Handbrake Key: Again pretty obvious, Your LFS Handbrake Key
Show /me Messages: Shows "/me Set His Car Alarm!" When you set the Alarm & "/me Deavtivated His Car Alarm!" When Deactivated
Enable Auto-Handbrake: Stops you from moving while alarm is set
The Slider/Alarm Speed: Allows you to make the Alarm sound fast or slow, I prefer fast (250) but maybe some prefer a slower one (If anyone would even use it)
Car Speed: Shows your cars speed in MPH... No need to worry about it its only used for setting off the alarm if the car is moved

Added:
InSim Connected Status:
To see if InSim had connected properly or not...
Handbrake Key: Space
Alternate Lights: Flash your lights and indicators (turn signals/blinkers) alternativley!
Changable InSim Port: Just incase you need to use a different port

Added In 1.4.1:
Fixed Speed Bug:
You can now set your alarm and spec some other players without your alarm going off
More Realistic: As suggested by a few people, To make the program do 1 beep to activate.. And 2 beeps to Deactivate
Custom Messages: You can no use your own Enable/Disable messages
Automatic Disable Timer: I have added an optional feature to automatically Disable your alarm after it has been going off for a set amount of time... Adjustable from 1 Minute to 10 Minutes
Customizable Activation Keys!!: Now you can change what keys you use to activate

Added In 1.4.2:
Variable Activation Speed: Now you can choose what speed the Alarm will activate at... Ranges from 0.1 MPH -- 5 MPH (0.1 increments)
Fized Automatic Disable Timer: No longer 'tries' to disable the alarm when its not been enabled

Added In 1.4.3:
Fixed 'Type Safe': No longer goes off when typing (pressing 't' and 'Enter')
Enable While Moving: The alarm cannot be set whilst moving..

ToDo:
Nothing
Post your suggestions for other additions

How It Works:
Enable Insim (Type "/insim 29999" ingame)
Open LFSVehicleAlarm.exe
Park your car in your favourite AFK spot..
Use the predefined HotKey - CTRL + ALT + Z
You will hear 2 beeps (activated) - press again.. 1 beep (DeActivated)

When someone hits your car, Doesn't need to be hard, Just a small tap..
Your Car will then Honk and flash its Lights and Turn Signals... LIKE A CAR ALARM!!! DOH

Where Can I Get It? (Who Would :shrug
See the attachments!!

Thanks, Hope You Enjoy Your "Car Alarm"!!
-David
Attached files
LFSVehicleAlarm-V1.4.2.rar - 51.1 KB - 1400 views
LFSVehicleAlarm-V1.4.3.rar - 50.2 KB - 2816 views
Mhhh, I didn't test it but it looks funny ! :twirl:

I always wanted a Car Alarm for cruise
i try it, and the the short cut works fine

but i parked and a lot of people hit me, and the alarm dont work

and if i put the alarm,and move a little, dont work too

or im doing something wrong?

its necessary to install in the LFS root folder?
Quote from Neto_r :i try it, and the the short cut works fine
but i parked and a lot of people hit me, and the alarm dont work

and if i put the alarm,and move a little, dont work too
or im doing something wrong?

its necessary to install in the LFS root folder?

No, You can extract/install anywhere as llong as LFS_External.dll is in the same folder

Did you enable InSim before opening the app? E.g by Typing "/insim 29999" (noquotes) ingame??

If you did and it dont work try in SinglePlayer mode, and if you already tried SinglePlayer try going into an online server and trying...
And then if you still fail to get it to work, plz reply here and tell me if you see the "Car Speed" showing your speed while driving

Quote from superxp :Mhhh, I didn't test it but it looks funny ! :twirl:

I always wanted a Car Alarm for cruise

Yea, notice all the jokes/puns throughout my post.. Its not really a joke, Just a fun addon to have while AFK in cruise server, or even just to showoff Like myself are a frequent user of the LTC Cruise Server, Until I get a wheel I honestly cant race wth my gamepad

But yeh IMO its quite a cool/novelty app to have around
And if anyone has an idea for other fun/cool/novelty apps they want to have just drop me a PM and I'll most likely make it for you!!
:boing:
Doesnt' Make noise ;P short cuts work but not sound wich is a FAIL ^^
Quote from SergioNacho1 :Doesnt' Make noise ;P short cuts work but not sound wich is a FAIL ^^

Did you activate insim... /insim 29999??
Does it connect to lfs??
Can you see your speed where it says "Car Speed:" ??
Did you press CTRL + ALT + Z to Set the Alarm??

i put the insim right /insim 29999?? = check

and in my view, i can see the speed in "Car Speed:" ?? = check

Did you press CTRL + ALT + Z to Set the Alarm?? = works exc

but when somebody hit me, the alarm dont work

or i need to park in the pits? or in any place?
Try changing outgauge settings to something.
Quote from Neto_r :i put the insim right /insim 29999?? = check
and in my view, i can see the speed in "Car Speed:" ?? = check

Did you press CTRL + ALT + Z to Set the Alarm?? = works exc

but when somebody hit me, the alarm dont work
or i need to park in the pits? or in any place?

Hmm.. One more thing.. pretty obvious but did you make sure the Horn Key is what you have set in LFS as your Keyboard Horn Key?? Default is 'B' but make sure your is B or change it

Also if when someone hits you, and you press 't' it should start typing something like "b30903 b30903 b30903 b30903" I.E turning the lights on/off and sounding the Horn??

If you still fail to get it to work, and you really want it Feel free to add me on msn and we can join a server and discuss in realtime
I'll also be making an Instructional Video on how to use all my programs, becuase theres always a few who cant seem to get it to work

Quote from nikopdr :Try changing outgauge settings to something.

Wouldn't change anything because the program doesn't use Outguage at all Purely done through InSim
Well, I tried to run it, but Windows shows me an error which tells sth like: 'Conversion from sequence "0.250" to type "Double" isn't correct.'
Does anyone know how to solve it?
Check 1st Post... New Download
-
(Mobil7) DELETED by Mobil7
Still doesn't work for me
Quote from Mobil7 :Still doesn't work for me

Download Again Changed 'Double' to 'Single' Which should hopefully fix it
-
Heya david, I like the idea of this app
Some of the best apps were made by people who just made themfor the hell of it

I have problem though.

I join a server and type /insim 29999 then I run the app
when I run the app I get message admin password does not match the host password.

I dont understand why this is, as the passwords are not used.
Anyhow in game i can still click ctrl+alt+Z and hear the blips but I get no message and the alarm system does not seem to function, I assume because of my admin password problem that come up.
The admin pass error shows up on the app and in text in the server too.
Any ideas what I am doing wrong if anything ?
Ignore this, I fixed the problem.

I deleted the CFG file from LFS root folder and let teh game create a fresh one after wich i was able to runthe alarm no problem, turned out the config line that said "Game Admin" in my file it was
"Game Admin ADMIN"

So I deleted the word ADMIN all is fine
Great app.
Lovely addition to cruisers.
Good one David. I made the same app for LFS six months ago, but I have one problem. Sometimes my car alarm turns ON when I drive and blocks my wheels (E-Brake) Such a small addon :P Maybe You saw on the LTC server as my car sometimes noisy :P Your apps was better I wait for more addons for this app :P

(beer)
Quote from Zonda :Good one David. I made the same app for LFS six months ago, but I have one problem. Sometimes my car alarm turns ON when I drive and blocks my wheels (E-Brake) Such a small addon :P Maybe You saw on the LTC server as my car sometimes noisy :P Your apps was better I wait for more addons for this app :P

(beer)

Yea cool, I actually haven't heard your car on LTC
Glad you like it..
beer? lol
The toxic substance that puts idea's into a programmers head to make such apps :drink:

Quote from m4ccy :Ignore this, I fixed the problem.

I deleted the CFG file from LFS root folder and let teh game create a fresh one after wich i was able to runthe alarm no problem, turned out the config line that said "Game Admin" in my file it was
"Game Admin ADMIN"

So I deleted the word ADMIN all is fine
Great app.
Lovely addition to cruisers.

Yea, although it doesn't use passwords, its just InSim uses, as you found out, Game Admin password to allow insim to connect
As long as thats blank it will connect
V1.1 Released

Added Optional Auto-Handbrake: Keeps your Handbrake On when the Alarm is set... So you can't move or roll when hit etc
I have one suggestion. You can change the system lights and the indicator lights?
In my app., they flash for change. (eg. Animation) Looks better in my opinion

the word deactivated has been spelt deavtivated in the app XD

apart from that the rest seems perfect, good work.
Quote from Zonda :I have one suggestion. You can change the system lights and the indicator lights?
In my app., they flash for change. (eg. Animation) Looks better in my opinion

Sure, Consider that feature added for the next update 1.2 tomorrow

Quote from m4ccy :the word deactivated has been spelt deavtivated in the app XD

apart from that the rest seems perfect, good work.

Yeh, I should spell check it lol, I never do
Fixed it
"/me Deactivated His Car Alarm!"
This app is so dead pointless that I actually like it very much !!
;-)

make sure it says game admin and with no other words next to it, click save and restart lfs.
Thanks for that

V1.2 Uploaded To 1st Post..

Added changable handbrake button- for those who changed from default

-David!

EDIT: sorry Zonda.. I forgot about the light thing I'll add it later today and upload
Doesn't work here, 1.0 version didn't work too.

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate x86 and I allowed LFS and LFS Car Alarm with Windows Defender.

I traslated the error message to English, this is what it says : "An unexpected exception occured. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will stop immediately

Conversion from string "0.250" to type "Double" is not valid."

If I click Continue, this error message re-appear immediately.
Attached images
LFSCarAlarm_Error.jpg

(142 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG