The online racing simulator
Reflection Texture Mod V2 (by Darkone55)
Hi guys,

this is the much awaited and improved version of the Reflection Texture Mod, created by Darkone55.

This mod replaces a number of DDS files in your DATA/DDS Folder and instantly improves the appearance of LFS for the better.

For example, the reflections are more noticable, more metallic and more dynamic, making the game look even more realistic than it aready is!

http://www.4sight-racing.com/4sr/images/stories/ref1.jpg

http://www.4sight-racing.com/4sr/images/stories/ref2.jpg

http://www.4sight-racing.com/4sr/images/stories/ref3.jpg

-------------------------V2 Change Log ------------------------------

More environment, Colours of the sky improved, Blue sky is more blue and evening sky is less orange.

------------------------Download---------------------------

To download Reflection Texture Mod V2, please visit:

http://www.4sight-racing.com/4 ... &gid=30&Itemid=57

----------------------Installation---------------------------

Place the .dds files in your [Live For Speed folder]\data\dds folder.
Don't forget to backup the original files! Use of this mod is on your own risk.

*NOTE* - Please do not upload the mod files for download on your own web but simply link to the download page provided.

----------------------compatability---------------------------

Known to work with Patch Q & R
Very, very nice! Thank you
Looks great! Thanks!
Even better than V1, thanks Darkone! I'll be using this in the new patch tomorrow, and I've already checked it out in the CMX viewer - awesome it is [/yoda]
O yes this is better then V1
Keep up the good work Thanks for this one
ok I just checked it in the CMX S viewer like tristan and itworks which means that it will work in the new Patch R
here's a pic showing it in the new patch :

#9 - joen
Very nice job sir
Definitely looking even better than V1
Thanks
#10 - Jakg
im gonna definatley try this when i get in! i loved v1!
Greaaaat job!
cant wait to try it in patch S :elefant:
thanks for the mod man!! really enjoyed it since the first release of v1
Exceptional. Thank you.
Holy crap- they cars almost look "directx 9-ish" now.. Wow.. amazing difference.

Thanks for all the loving reply's. Anyone know something what I can improve?
from those pictures bwx just posted, the actual ground area looks... waaaay to dark, almost black
Quote from snewham :ok I just checked it in the CMX S viewer like tristan and itworks which means that it will work in the new Patch R

What patch R??? I missed something???
Quote from XCNuse :from those pictures bwx just posted, the actual ground area looks... waaaay to dark, almost black

You need to adjust your monitor- the ground is gray and green.
Believe me there is a huge improvement in the the looks of the cars.. The reflection wouldn't affect the ground would it?

If you mean the ground reflection on the car- it is almost a black car...
Ok a bit confused here?? Do these replace the Hi-Res textures from the post below? These textures are a lot smaller in size than the Hi-Res ones.

Thanks,
they look pretty nice to me...

Click for larger pic... (not photoshoped at all)

Quote from Z06Vette :Ok a bit confused here?? Do these replace the Hi-Res textures from the post below? These textures are a lot smaller in size than the Hi-Res ones.

Thanks,

Yea, they are smaller, but it really doesn't matter if they're this size, or bigger.
#22 - Jakg
Quote from Roadie :they look pretty nice to me...

Click for larger pic... (not photoshoped at all)

the best advert ive seen!
Quote from Z06Vette :Ok a bit confused here?? Do these replace the Hi-Res textures from the post below? These textures are a lot smaller in size than the Hi-Res ones.

Thanks,

They are just reflection textures- not the same as the sky textures. it is completely different..
So... They ARE Dynamic or they 'look' dynamic?

Do you actually see the road, grass, sky, buildings and Other cars on your own car?
PAY UR SERVERS BILLS SO I CAN DOWNLOAD lol...

Reflection Texture Mod V2 (by Darkone55)
(37 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG