The online racing simulator
[V2.0] Custom View Editor - Now for 0.6B!
LFS Custom View Editior V2.0
That's right its back!
I have re-coded this app to work with 0.6B

What does it do?
CVE (Custom View Editor) allows you A LOT more adjust on the X Y Z offsets in the custom view settings of LFS

Why would we need it?
[COLOR=Red]The default ranges of X Y Z in custom view don't allow enough adjust for using a chase view with the rear view mirror visible..
Plus you could create a lot more custom view positions with CVE

[COLOR=Red]Features of the program:[/COLOR]
Adjust offset +/- 100 meters
Save and Load profiles, Share them with your buddies easily

(These features will be added back soon )
[COLOR="Silver"]Associate .cve files for quick loading of presets (double click a .cve and it will load and set the saved values)
CTRL + ALT + Z Hotkey for loading last loaded profile[/COLOR]
(^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^)

[COLOR=Red]Where Do I Get This Awesome Program!![/COLOR]
See The Attachments Below
(Note: This will only work with 0.6B and nothing else, due to the way it is made)

Attached files
CustomViewEditor.rar - 12.7 KB - 529 views
these new features should be very helpful
granted i get it working on my race computer
i think i may not have Z28 so ill update to that
Quote from DavidTiger :

I use custom view too, but I can't see point of this addon, makes everything more difficult
Quote from TypeRacing :I use custom view too, but I can't see point of this addon, makes everything more difficult

This would be really usefull for video recording
Quote from TypeRacing :I use custom view too, but I can't see point of this addon, makes everything more difficult

The default Max Min for the X Y Z are:
X: -2.000 / +2.000
Y: -3.000 / +3.000
Z: -0.600 / +0.600

with CVE it can be:
X: -100.000 / +100.000
Y: -100.000 / +100.000
Z: -100.600 / +100.000

See the HUGE difference in offset values which can be usefull for creating better custom view or as above for video/movie recording
Doesnt work and i have .4 framework
Same error as previous thread?
Quote from Bmxtwins :No work
Unable to find a runtime version of this applicatiob

After searching I found this which might help:
Quote from Search Results :I was also getting this problem. But when I repaired my framework this issue get resolved. To repare your framework you can use Add Remove programs of your control panel

BTW I forgot to mention in the 1st post that pressing the left/right arrow keys on the scrollbars will increase/decrease by 0.1... better accuracy than sliding the mouse
Repaired still no work
No idea, I've never saw the error before :S
-
(Mustangman759) DELETED by Mustangman759
Is there a way to just make a program that doesn't use .net framework?
3.5 SP1 for xp works
Quote from Bmxtwins :Is there a way to just make a program that doesn't use .net framework?

Nope, sorry.. Minimum framework you can have (for this program) is 2.0 but I reccommend installing 3.5 because It works
I think 4.0 is still buggy or somethin'

IMO get rid of 4.0 (who needs it:really and install 3.5
finally got to work
Can you include horizon an vertical rotation? So we can load easily multiple custom views by opening the files. Also i found a bug, if you press Load File and do cancel, program crashes.
Also make sure you turn shift points off if using chase, otherwise really bouncy.

It's still pretty bouncy, would like that removed
Any luck removing the bounciness , Dave?
Sorry haven't done much in the world of LFS Programming

If I can find the source.. I'll have a look about what's happening
how do you program something like this

it isnt within LFS's limitations to do something like this? do you still have the mirrors, and gauges, or no?
Quote from logitekg25 :how do you program something like this

it isnt within LFS's limitations to do something like this? do you still have the mirrors, and gauges, or no?

He is using some kind of Memory Edit. You cant do it with outgauge/outsim.
oh i see...kinda
Quote from Bmxtwins :Any luck removing the bounciness , Dave?

I cant remove it The camera moves with the vehicles body. and then would be bouncy because of the car going over bumps on the track

Quote from logitekg25 :how do you program something like this

You will still have the Virtual gauges & mirrors

See this example (Click it for a bigger image )
wow very nice

i dont video make though
Lovely job!
I just used it to recreate the follow view but with a mirror. Unfortunately I can't use it on bumpy circuits as the camera movement drives me insane... shame.
Quote from Neilser :Lovely job!
I just used it to recreate the follow view but with a mirror. Unfortunately I can't use it on bumpy circuits as the camera movement drives me insane... shame.

You should be able to switch that off by going into options -> view -> acceleration shifts viewpoint -> no

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG