Congratulations Victor
(32 posts, closed, started )
#1 - J@tko
Congratulations Victor
Seems like creating sub-sections is so much hard and complicated that hiring a (current or new) mod for this is no-go...
Anyone willing to do lfsevents.net? All we need is vBulletin or we can live happily even with phpBB, some proper admins and moderators and we are ready to go again.
In before the shitstorm.
Actually Mike is right, it wouldnt be that difficult and every league could be discussed there.
Someone said that this development is just a trick to people, and they almost burned him... Looks like he was right...
Quote from matijapkc :Someone said that this development is just a trick to people, and they almost burned him... Looks like he was right...

What?
#8 - J@tko
Quote from Drift King CZ :Anyone willing to do lfsevents.net? All we need is vBulletin or we can live happily even with phpBB, some proper admins and moderators and we are ready to go again.

Probably the only solution. But still won't have the reader-ship of the official forum, nor will new players probably know about it.
ZOMG we are going to die!
that sux
Quote from Drift King CZ :Anyone willing to do lfsevents.net? All we need is vBulletin or we can live happily even with phpBB, some proper admins and moderators and we are ready to go again.

And you then have the problem of having discussions in potentially 3 places - The subsection here (if they already have one), the forum on the event website, and on LFS Events.

Which could be confusing
Actually the best would be if devs choose at least one more guy to be a mod in the leagues section, but meh.
Maybe its due to something bigger we dont know about?

But yeah, just create your own forum guys. I am pretty sure the devs would be more than happy to stick up the link somewhere on the forums permanently for others to see.
Choose meeeee please
I can only hope Victor has come up with an easier solution to adding leagues and is 'retiring' the old solution.
No timo, that would be The Very End
#17 - CSF
It was coming. Victor's always tried to be approachable on that subject, but lately people have been pushing him to the edge with some weird requests. It's not the final nail, leagues have never ever ever just been about having a flimmin section on the LFSforum. I helped run the SR FOX League last year, and we had no need to have a sub section, we just advertised in a way that ensured we spread the word, and it worked fine.
Quote from J@tko :Probably the only solution. But still won't have the reader-ship of the official forum, nor will new players probably know about it.

LFS News Headlines -> New 1337 league announced -> content: blablabla... check more... official website here, official forums on here (lfsevents.net or whatever)...

To be honest, most of people get to know about new leagues from others or from the LFS News Headlines... no one just browses the leagues section all day.
#19 - CSF
Quote from Drift King CZ :Actually the best would be if devs choose at least one more guy to be a mod in the leagues section, but meh.

Why would that help? I don't think I've ever seen a mod have the power to create a subsection, and I fail to see why the dev team would give some randomer admin controls on this site. :rolleyes:
Quote from CSF :Why would that help? I don't think I've ever seen a mod have the power to create a subsection, and I fail to see why the dev team would give some randomer admin controls on this site. :rolleyes:

Since when there are only 2 options: give all permissions or none? And who said it must be a randomer, I think there might be some people who devs trust, otherwise there wouldn't be SamH, Gunn, Bob Smith, franky500, XCNuse...
And abillity to remove a post isn't already much power?
#21 - CSF
Quote from Drift King CZ :Since when there are only 2 options: give all permissions or none? And who said it must be a randomer, I think there might be some people who devs trust, otherwise there wouldn't be SamH, Gunn, Bob Smith, franky500, XCNuse...
And abillity to remove a post isn't already much power?

I suspect you will find even mods come under the guise of 'randomer' because they are not the devs. It's the same as when people ask 'why don't you hire more people to help develop LFS', its because they don't want that or they would have already done it to make their lives that bit easier.
lol, how pathetic. If you want to make money, this is the shit you have to do, provide a service, try getting a real job, pressing buttons on a freaking keyboard is too much hard work for you.
If Victor has said he's not doing it any more then he will have extremely good reason to say and do that. If anyone in LFS is a top person, Victor is. Something is drastically wrong if he's taking time away too

and Pearcy, that's a little unfair to say. Victor's a top guy!
Pearcy, that was inappropriate.
And no explanation whatsoever
This thread is closed

Congratulations Victor
(32 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG