The online racing simulator
copyright layouts.
(19 posts, started )
copyright layouts.
i looked at the "improvements log" and did't find this improvment.

i would like to have some sort of opportunity to copyright or set a watermark on my layouts i create..

its nice to have that opportunity to just download the layout from the server ur driving on when u like it..

but that also gives the opportunity to some idiot to take your layout and take credit of it.. and there are nothing more irritating then that..

and i think i speak for all layout creators..

just add another tab by the objects that would say; "author" and some fields where you can enter your name and email..

and how it should be seen by others is just a tab above the "download layout"-tab that says; "creator/author" and there the info..

should't that be nice ??

Edit:
just realize that it would be a problem becouse it "would just be for the "idiot" to change the author when he downloaded it and enter the editor."

but that could be fixed by a password or when ur finish with the info you just lock it.. and you will no longer be abel to change anything in the info..

it could be posseble to change the layout itself, but not the info..
It could be good to add that you can apply it to track. Like grafitti.
And it should be undeletable or only deletable with "admin" password.
+1 and +1 on the post above.
I even think it should be like in Trackmania, when the layout loads it will show the creators username.

And that you can only edit the layout with a password that the creator has chosen!
yea.. thats better..

a password to be abel to change the layout,..
+1 on both, I love the idea
Why not be able to have a setting when you save your layout,

Open layout (Anyone can edit)
Locked layout (Only the author can edit)

Quote from brandons48 :Why not be able to have a setting when you save your layout,

It would be possible to crack it. Password is the safest way...
#8 - dadge
Quote from Mr_Lonely :yea.. thats better..

a password to be abel to change the layout,..

just make the layout file read only. then it cannot be changed/saved.
-
(Heiko1) DELETED by Heiko1
Quote from brandons48 :Why not be able to have a setting when you save your layout,

otherwise u just can post the password in the info tab..
This type of subject has come up before - http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=63369

Worth a read, as I actually agree with both viewpoints.

But basically, I would suggest that if you put your layout on a public server, then you've put it in the public domain, and therefore live with the fact that it may be copied and used elsewhere.

Remember; imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!

You could always put it on Layouts site www.lfs-layouts.co.cc (made and run by Flame_CZE) - read about this at http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=64950
i have nothing against that if it would be used elsewere..

but that ppl download it, use it on ther server and then says that its them/him who made it..

and therfor i would like to be able set a mark on it so it shows who made it and no1 exept the creator gets the credit..

this is just 1 of those improvmets that will end some fights out there in the public servers..
how many credits are in the pound?
Useless idea IMO, I don't find a reason why to copyright a layout

This is the typical copyright discussion, I think this has been discussed before,

When you create a layout on a program that has been done by a 3rd party, wouldn't the copyright be on the 3rd party's side, not the person who created it, am I right?

Anyways, I would support the idea of "locking" the layouts, so you can't save them, but assuming half of the LFS racers don't even know how to save them in the 1st place...

But then, it would create some spam when you can't save a layout, and you have to ask the admin for the layout, which could be sometimes considered spam. I don't know if people will understand my point, but this is purely my view for this and I most likely will stick to this.
Quote from nikopdr :When you create a layout on a program that has been done by a 3rd party, wouldn't the copyright be on the 3rd party's side, not the person who created it, am I right?

i dont see why i should give away the cred to the devs ??

i mean, i didnt see the devs helping me on my layouts when i make them..

i just want that oppertunity to set my name on something that i create, just as the devs have on the game itself..
Quote from Mr_Lonely :i dont see why i should give away the cred to the devs ??

i mean, i didnt see the devs helping me on my layouts when i make them..

i just want that oppertunity to set my name on something that i create, just as the devs have on the game itself..

No credit to devs. Only to creator.
yes.. as i sad..
#17 - Woz
Are you trying to say that once you "copyright" a layout that nobody else is allowed to make anything similar if so this is pure BS.

This sounds like the same bitching as the "skin issue"

If you are making a track fine but all you are doing is putting some cones and other stuff on lfs tracks. There are so few environements that so many layouts are similar/the same that it is a pure waste of dev time.

-1 from me on a pointless idea!!!!!!!!
You can make same if you want. But you can't edit that one which is copyrighted and it has written author so you can't say it's yours if it isn't.
woz:

i never sad that no1 can make anything similar.. just that no1 would go out there and take credit for something that thay never created..

sure ppl could to something similar.. hey, thay may even do a better replica of the same track if so..

but as i sad up here, so no1 else takes credit for something thay didnt do..

but sure.. copyright sounds abit to harsh.. but just to have the oppertunity to set authors name and info on it..
-
(Luoling) DELETED by Flame CZE : useless bump

copyright layouts.
(19 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG