The online racing simulator
should i purchase?
(41 posts, started )
should i purchase?
I am debating on purchasing live for speed tonight at midnight when I get paid. Please give me several reasons why I should purchase.
#1. It's Tons of Fun!
It's a good game and it's getting a patch very soon. Which means it's going to get probably better too.
Because its the best online racing sim bar none.

Simple as..

Dan,
#2: It's the best racing simulation on the market ever!'

Dayum, i just wasted my 100th post
#7 - axus
Live for Speed is one of the few sims out there that uses equations to simulate its tyre physics rather than a table of values. This adds a lot to the feeling of the game as the devs can use it to generate the torque on the steering column and therefore get realistic Force Feedback. It is also one of about two sims to simulate tyre deformation. It is very easy to go online and race to your heart's content. Amazing product - very well polished. You'd never know its an alpha. Also, the 24 pounds you spend now will also allow you to use S3 a few years down the line, except only having the cars and tracks from S2. After that you can pay another 12 pounds to upgrade your license to an S3 license. Very well though-out system. Also, with the patch coming in 2 weeks at most, you can't go wrong.
There would be no reason to give you 7 reasons. If you like car racing and want a good car sim then lfs is the best game to offer you just that. Everything about live for speed is good and parts that are not good are getting made to be good. This game is just going to grow and grow. If you like arcade racing games stay away lol. Buy it you wont regret it and make sure you got a wheel to play it because that adds to the buzz. Hope this helps.
Best physics, F1 cars, best content, F1 cars, best community, F1 cars, best devs, F1 cars, best netcode, F1 cars, best graphics (in terms of looking real), F1 cars, best force feedback, F1 cars.

Oh, and whats in that pic ^
Well, it left me with the feeling of never having to buy another racing game ever again (except S3).

* It's very diverse: Loads of different cars and tracks/configurations.

* Great community: Not only are the people on S2 servers generally well-behaved, there are tons of leagues to participate in and teams to join. The fact that the devs hang around these forums adds to the general feel of being part of something special.

* Challenge: You're never going to be done with this game. You can always shave that extra tenth off your time and it's loads of fun chasing after it!

So pay up, friend!

Edit: It's not 100% sure there's going to be an F1 car, but it's damn hard to come up with a different explanation for that pic up there...
Because you can pull men so easily, even when you're trying not too, and despite being hideously ugly in real life.
well, i wonder if rally racing will eventually come? that'd be sweet.
The rally parts you get on rallycross tracks feel pretty good, all that's needed is a rally stage i guess.
definitevly buy it!!! worth your money!
IN this current version (s2 Q) we have a few rally tracks, but sometime in the future we will get a rally pack. Just so you know this game is a work in progress,so things will come with time , other tham that sit back enjoy and kiss goodby to your social life
I bought it, online racing makes the game, something you wont get with the demo. The money was definately worth it, especially compared to other games.

very pleased
Quote from dreamcastninja :I am debating on purchasing live for speed tonight at midnight when I get paid. Please give me several reasons why I should purchase.

The flag tells me you are from US. Also the mention about getting paid says you can afford LFS. Now, it costs about 43 bucks. Think of what you usually get for 43 bucks. Now think of many hunders hours you most likely will spend with LFS.

The sim has great price/quality ratio, and it is very very rare someone with S2 license regrets the purchase.
F1 cars, F1 cars and erm... F1 cars
another reason: it is a very nice programmed piece of software and it stays it its folder where an application has to be and is not generating random folders, uninstall folders, hidden save game folders or something alike.
thats not very play related, but a thing to mention in times when game developers think they can do whatever they want on consumer pc´s...

aside of that: if u want to seriously race on the pc - try it, buy it and then master it. it has a great community and people are always helping eachother.

don´t buy it if you expect counter strike on wheels (not to offend anyone).

peace jo
counterstrike is good

right now i play counterstrike, day of defeat, and civilization 4... i have the fps and strategy games down... i just need a good racing game and soemthing to replace diablo 2 for me since i no longer play that (nothing has came around tho) so racing game is up right now... in reall if ei have a 98 protege that I'm about to turbo... 180hp to the wheels weeeeeeeeeeeeee hahhaa
oh and what rally tracks? in the demo i played, i did not see any rally tracks at all. no dirt or anything.
One of the Blackwood configs has a RallyX layout. There's probably some others too but i'm not the person to ask, i've tried driving the Fox on RallyX and it's fun but strangely not popular enough to get races and you can't even post hotlaps online
#23 - Smax
The interface is simple yet brilliant, the controller setup is the most "tunable" I've come across to date, you can get just about anything to work, and you can adjust the game's settings to work with whatever you've plugged in.

There's a huge variety of cars to drive, from slow stuff on road tyres to twitchy GTR racers and single seat open wheelers on slicks.
The game is challenging yet fun, and from the point of view of creativiity, you can alter so much with a copy of photoshop, literally everthing from trackside hoardings to brake discs and driver gloves. Not to mention quite how easy it is to make your own paintjobs for that personal look.

Oh and in case you hadn't figured it out yet, there's a patch due out this month, which appears to be about to provide a Formula 1 race car to drive, and certainly gives a couple of new track combos and better tyre physics.
Quote from dreamcastninja :oh and what rally tracks? in the demo i played, i did not see any rally tracks at all. no dirt or anything.

in demo you can play on Blackwood Rallycross track.. in full S2 we have 2 more rally tracks @ Fern Bay.. but definitely need some more

@ Becky: FOX isn't really meant to be driven on gravel.. or have you seen formula cars with slicks on dirt IRL? illepall try RB4 and you'll love it
No! Don't buy it, it's terrible!
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken

should i purchase?
(41 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG