The online racing simulator
A new UF1 server [R-R] UF1 Challenge.
Hello all!!

Do you remember the crowded servers? close racing with a lot of fun? fair racing with a good battle? Since a year or maybe two we don't have a fine UF1 server anymore. like in CTRA or a few other servers. racing on Fern Bay club with 30 drivers at the same time beating laptime records and eachother.

We Team Revolution Racing wanted to start something new, and this is the idea we wanted to share with you. A brand new server hosted by 500servers called:

[R-R] UF1 Challenge

Now i can hear you guys and girls think... why the *bleep* starting up a server for the UF1?? We know.. we know.. The Gtr cars have a far bigger "cool" factor, the formula cars are a lot faster.. the XRT drifts better.. But, the thing that make the UF1 fun to race is this; it is slow and easy to handle.Therefore it isn't to difficult for beginners to compete. because it is slow, easy to handle and little the close racing factor is HUGE!! racing bumper to bumper and door to door is possible with a little risk of hitting your component in front or next to you. A great way to learn racing at the limit. To drive in the top 5 and be 0.5 sec faster then your components you realy have to practise clean-driving, for the UF1 is underpowered. don't look strange when the top 15 is within 3 to 4 seconds at the end of the race. We realy think when you win a good filled UF1 race you realy are a talented clean racer!

we try to get the "old-skool" UF1 racing back in a new suit. A good filled server, fair racing and a lot of close competition and fun. We also wanted to add more tracks then only one so people won't get bored.. we hope!

There will be a track rotation every 8 races. And these tracks we will use:

Fernbay Club: 5 laps
Aston Cadet: 5 laps
South City Chicane: 5 laps
Aston Cadet Rev: 5 laps
South City Chicane Rev: 5 laps

There is just one little thing we would like to ask from you to make this all working great..

JOIN OUR SERVER AS FAST AS YOU CAN!!

if you have any further questions or comments do not hesitate to post.

Thanks for you're time,
Revolution Racing

http://www.r-racing.nl
I agree UF1 racing can be great fun and also great training for both, beginners and more experienced people.

One thing I noticed with your track/lap combination is the differences you will find in race time. SO6 is a much longer track than both FE1 and AS1, so I think you need to adjust the amount of laps.

Just a suggestion and good luck with your new server.
Sounds good fun I wll defo give this a go.

I don't think SO Chicaine is that long a track, It might be interesting to include another short AS or FE track like FE green or AS Club.

I totally agree with Henrico, that the "easyer to drive" cars make for the closest racing

And no points or ranks to worry about, just arrive and drive, I like it!

SD.
thnx both for y'r comments.

@Anthoop:

yes the SO6 and SO6R are a bit longer then the other tracks. about 40 seconds longer with a laptime around 1.30. still these are good tracks to race with the UF1. we are testing the SO sprint 1 and 2 tracks to so maybe there will be a trackchange. if so i will post it here.

@sparkydave:

Maybe FEgreen is a good option to. i will have to try it and discuss that with my team mate yamasuba who runs the servers.
Ah, I was not suggesting to remove SO6 from your list, merely to change the amount of laps on the longer track or the shorter track to even up the overall race time.
For example 5 laps at SO6 and 7/8 at AS1 and FE1.....for me 5 laps is never long enough at the shorter tracks even in UF1.
Quote from Anthoop :Ah, I was not suggesting to remove SO6 from your list, merely to change the amount of laps on the longer track or the shorter track to even up the overall race time.
For example 5 laps at SO6 and 7/8 at AS1 and FE1.....for me 5 laps is never long enough at the shorter tracks even in UF1.

ahh ok it is something we can change in the future
Very good idea, i give it a try.
UF1 was always a lot of fun on CTRA.
Maybe WE1 or WE1R to?
#8 - Danke
I have very fond memories of UF1s at FE1. I'll give this a look for sure.
#9 - HVS5b
Sweet

Have to try and remember about this in-between GTAL practice runs.
thnx all for the positive comments!!
Quote from Tim NL :Very good idea, i give it a try.
UF1 was always a lot of fun on CTRA.
Maybe WE1 or WE1R to?

thnx tim, sorry the westhill tracks are just to long for our pick up races. we wanted short tracks so that people don't have to wait long to join a new race. the SO chicane route is our longest track with a laptime around 1.30 minutes.

thnx for the suggestion anyway!!
Now there is a qualifying enabled and all cars are allowed...
link to the server is now in the first post,

@flame CZE: hmm strange, will check it.

EDIT: i think you saw an other server from us! when i open LFSW now i see that the server only has the UF1 on SO chicane Rev.
Oh, sorry, my fault
lol, np!
Servers running fine, the auto restart is very short (around 45s,even thos its set to 1min) and thats not enough time for us UF1 driving "old duffers" to pop to the loo every few races

And the races seem very short also, yes even in the tiny cars, but thats IMO
Back to the driving

SD.
just been racing its rather fun
Was on earlier, and enjoyed myself. Admins were great.

Found restarts happen too quick though.

First race I joined part way, so no problems, but 2nd race I ran out of fuel! (I had been hotlapping before joining server). 3rd race started as I was in pits changing fuel settings, and thinking about changing brakes and tyres, and next race already started.

After that race, changed to new track, and again, trying to change settings before 2nd race, and race started too soon.

Had to leave server then, as my bladder couldn't hold on much longer (age issue!).

Another 30 seconds or so before restart might help.
Serveradmin fixed it but i think server needs to restart befor it will be ok and since ur all on it racing he cant restart atm ... So next time its emty and admin is on it will be fixed to 90 sec restart time
Definately sounds interesting, I will check this server out.
Quote from zeugnimod :Definately sounds interesting, I will check this server out.

Not too powerful for you z?

I would come if I could play LFS
Quote from J@tko :Not too powerful for you z?

One race should be ok, since the races seem to be very short.

But I will certainly need a rest of several hours after that one stressful race.
the auto restart is a little short indeed. but lik sir smoka lot sayd it should be fixed.

maybe on the shorter tracks we can change laps into 8 or 10. have to duscuss that one

had a lot of fun tonight and some great battles with sparkydave and others. tomorow im on again. for now.. my bed wants me..
Sounds good, I use UF1 a lot on others servers (much to everyone else's annoyance) be good to try a full UF1 server.
sounds good. Be good to include bl1 and fe green. Uf1 always fun round them

A new UF1 server [R-R] UF1 Challenge.
(28 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG