The online racing simulator
canyon roads.
(27 posts, started )
#1 - Panda
canyon roads.
running canyon roads in real life is quite enjoyable, early morning or sunset, its very nice to drive around freely at look at the scenery. i was hoping maybe in a future installment of LFS that the developers could add a canyon road or two. any opinions on this?
#2 - Panda
no one cares about the free open roads? lol....
well... this has been discussed tons before... i mean for years. canyons... hillclimbs... uphill/downhill stages, touge whatever all been discussed tons before

you've been a member for a long time. shame on you for posting a thread on this subject
Damn, boy, you got told!
#5 - Panda
i just started to come here though, cuz torque died. hahaha. so really i havent been here in 2 years.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
you know this would be a good idea for the rally-x racers...have the canyon roads with a few jumps here and there and some really tight turns u know like watching the rally races in real life...i do think this would be a good idea...
-
canyon roads, mountain roads whatever. either would be great. maybe make a rallycross section of it. itd be great if we could drive on a mountain/canyon road at night too.
Quote from thisnameistaken :Would you mind trimming your sig down a bit? I know you don't post much but still...

lol...could i ask why..i needa trim it down?
#9 - Panda
i guess, im mainly a drifter, but i race too, sometimes. haha.
-
Maybe he's compensating

couldn't help it
The whole concept of a canyon/mountain track would just make the game feel like something Sega knocked out.
it wouldnt make it feel like that at all. like the gran turismo 3 track deep forest raceway. that would be real fun without the red/white curbs to make it look like a real road.
It is not possible to create an open environment in LFS. It was asked whether South City could have an open config, however, Scawen explained the engine could not support it.
im not really asking for a open environment either, like if you ever watched best motoring, a japanese video series, they have a segment called touge showdown or some poop like that, they run it on a track, but its a track built in a forest or somewhat, where it looks like a canyon road.
yea yea, it just happens to be that the place im talking about is in japan, and it just happens to be that touge means canyon road or mountian road in japanese.
but to people who hate japanese car culture touge=gay
yea, i guess. one day people, mark my words. that veyron shit 1001hp will die to a production japanese car. hahaha. this has nothing to do with canyon roads.
This would be cool, but IMO there are more important stuff to worry about than cool track configs, we have enough as it is =) I don't think I have driven on a 1/4 of them. There's the engine sounds that need work, cockpits, timing, ect ect ect.
id muuuccchhhh rather have a mountain track then have anythign done to engine sounds or cockpits =x
sounds fun.
Quote from sileighty :id muuuccchhhh rather have a mountain track then have anythign done to engine sounds or cockpits =x

Engine sound sounds quite fine to me! Love the sound of the FZR (my fav car). At FOV of 60, I don't see anything but the gauges anyways, so, no need for hires cockpits. I have to agree, I'd rather have a mountain track as well!
I hope the developers do this sometime, nothing would be more fun than having a two person battle down a mountain road.
Ahem... Online Racing Simulator.
If any of you guys played forza, you might remember a uphill downhill mountain-type road. I think something like that would be suitable for LFS

canyon roads.
(27 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG