The online racing simulator
Games Convention 2005 - a recap
(41 posts, started )
Games Convention 2005 - a recap
Sooo, we (ocrana) have been at the GC again with a big booth again. This time together with Fujitsu Siemens Computers and AMD, presenting the newest AMD processors in the newest Fujitsu Siemens PCs with LFS running on it
All in all we had 16 PCs running LFS, some of them connected to some nice 50' flat-displays to show the races going on there. In the middle of the booth there were a BMW M3 GT race car which will participate next weekend in german longrun championship for the 6hours of the Nordschleife. People had to change tires against each other to win some stuff (shirts, LAN-PC-bags etc...).
Now you wonder how that all happened... Well, we stepped over to Fujitsu-Siemens and showed them the idea of our Racing.Challenge with LFS. They wer like :O and and said, "OK, we put the LFS S2 Demo on all PCs that we gonna sell in the second half of 2005. That will be around 300000 (yes, FIVE seros there ) PCs."
Now people can register at the Racing.Challenge page and simply join our demo-servers and qualify for the weekend-tournaments every 2 weeks. Why one should do that? Well in the weekend tournaments we have already prices for the best (like mobile Harddisks, huge mem-sticks etc.) and the winners qualify for the offline event in december where you can win a AMD Dual-Core 3800+, nvidia geforce 7800 gtx, 1GB ram etc. PC, TFT-Display, other PCs, and more hardware. You can win prizes worth about 10000 Euros.

Back to the GC: So we are at that nice booth with Fujitso Siemens, people see and play LFS all the day, while we do shows through the day, with getting people to the stage, letting them cheer some stuff like this:
http://mail.ocrana.com/member/vykos/vids/shout_lfs.MOV

We were throwing CDs with LFS on it into the crowd, our "famous" waterbelts, shirts etc. It was a really crazy week I tell you. People loved LFS, they were really impressed and did actually pretty well. My teamies DasBoeseC, OPK, Limiter and Stoni explained it all the time again and again to the people, while DrMahossi and me were moderating the show at the booth etc.
I will post pics and vids or at least links to them here later, cause you really have to see those chix there... god damn

If you have any questions, just sh00t here.
Hi Vykos.

Heard it was a great weekend, and you met some T7R Guys. Bismarck set the fastest time of the Day

We have loads of Photos ( sent around the team ) BBO wrote a very nice report about it if you want to take a quite look at http://www.triple7racing.co.uk.

Thanks to BBO and Bismarck, and Vykos. Maybe next year I will come along

LIVE FOR SPEED :static:

Fordi
GREAT !
U like that , huh ? Cheering the crowd

hehe

cya
#4 - Gunn
An absolutely outstanding contribution to the future of Live For Speed. :up:
Once again Vykos, we have to bow down to your unparalleled contribution to LFS :Handshake
Yes, that was really a very good exhibition.
And you Ocrana-Guys really showed an outstanding performance. One of the moderators even lost his voice, while they are are heating up the crowd and throwing dangerous sharp and heavy objects (they call it prices ) in the crowd.
Seeing Vykos running around that car was really a funny view. I think he was faster around the car than he is driving in LFS :P
I really had a deep respect for that kind of engagement and i hope u guys dont get sick on LFS about it.
Funny situation when DasBoeseC explained me that the throttle is right and the brake was left.

All in all for that show, guys.
Vykos, did the LfS team promote you to chief marketing? if not; they should do it soon!

Great work with Fujitsu Siemens computers, did you use your Ocrana Ati skins though? I see they are using NVidia videocards
A proper pat on the back to all involved, that fujitsu deal is probably gonna do wonders for spreading the word, a VERY bright future indeed! good work!
#9 - XRRoy
looking forward to more video's from the event
Great work.
Mmmm, if they serve beer I should go there some time in the future.

Massive ammounts of respect to Vykos, his team, and everyone making the LFS promotion possible.
the product is lfs. anyone can promote it. dont rely on vykos and his ocrana boys, only. he's not chief anything, no one is, and i hope no one will ever be. because that means we all are. at least potentially. anyone can be the next vykos and everyone that really believes in the product, as him, should spread the love.
lfs only exists in an independent form coz there is an independent enviroment supporting it. us all.
fully explore the pros of being free of corp-fat.

peace
Awesome! Especially the croud shouting Live For Speed

I Can't wait for pics and vids. Bring them on!
Quote from KiDCoDEa :the product is lfs. anyone can promote it. dont rely on vykos and his ocrana boys, only. he's not chief anything, no one is, and i hope no one will ever be. because that means we all are. at least potentially. anyone can be the next vykos and everyone that really believes in the product, as him, should spread the love.
lfs only exists in an independent form coz there is an independent enviroment supporting it. us all.
fully explore the pros of being free of corp-fat.

peace

That's exactly the point: Dont forget the Logitech/4Netplayers booth with 3 racing-seats put up with LFS running on them, supported by GP4FLO etc. We - and especially I for myself - had some luck to be at right places in right times, and met the right people with the right contacts. But there is also a lot of work behind it, everyone could do, or try to. Dont relay on only one, the community is, what makes LFS strong. (well, besides scawenericvictorgod )
You're still the one who walks up to big companies, and asks them to put a relatively unknown game on many thousands of their systems. I can't really imagine many people do this, but let's hope they follow your example, and promote LFS with success when they can.
I'm not one to step in the spotlights and make everyone play this game, but I can be a silent promotor - silently, but with style
Exellent work Vykos!!!
I can't believe it.. LFS is going to be installed on Fujitsu siemens computers!
Great!!
i just hope the EU won't sue the devs that they should seperate the game from the system
Wow, seeing so much support for LFS is just great! Well done Vykos and thanks for publicising the mighty S2! S2 ROCKS!
Shit, again you take your amazing pr work to a new level
#20 - Nard
I'm...speechless. That's dedication taken to a whole new level. I guess I'll have to promote LFS a little better now...LOL
@Vykos

Can u please provide some pictures or videos from that convention.. ??
pics are on the way, and vids too. JoeC00L was there for a day too and got 1 hour of material, so you'll get some
Quote from Vykos69 :pics are on the way, and vids too. JoeC00L was there for a day too and got 1 hour of material, so you'll get some

I hope he will be singing in the video!!
Quote from Boris Lozac :I hope he will be singing in the video!!

On no

Anyway amazing promotion guys, quite unbelievable what you managed to do!
Quote from Bismarck :Funny situation when DasBoeseC explained me that the throttle is right and the brake was left.

Yeah....rubb it into my face again and again

I honestly do not know how many times I said 'Throttle on the right, Brake on the left.....you don't have to shift, its set to automatic.....but PLEASE, brake before the corners.' and then after they crashed on the first corner 'What was it I told you about braking?'

LFS is great in getting people's attention and its steep learning curve keeps them trying.....I had a women of about 40 years of age who was playing for 20 or more minutes.....and the best laptime for an absolute beginner I saw was a lap with the GTi on BW GP bellow 2:00 from a standing start which was set by a professional Chauffeur who was about 50 years of age.....I can not imagine that these people would spend the same amount of time and effort for any other game

GC was great fun and terribly exhausting.....and I guess there will be a GC in 2006

CU, Sebastian
A bit late, but still in time to give congrats to Vyk and the gang.

Kid is right, but truth is only some make that extra step to push simracing forward.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG