The online racing simulator
Raf->Ghost-Converter
(41 posts, started )
Raf->Ghost-Converter
This is a program converting *.raf-files to *.ghost-files for Kegetys Ghostcar mod. (You haven't guessed that from the title, have you? )
Just enter the path to the LFS folder and you'll be presented all your raf files. Select one, press convert and it's done.

Requires Java Runtime 1.5 or higher.
There is a German and an English version.

edit(3):
Download replaced.
Fix for problems with FXO GTR.
Attached files
RafGhost_de.zip - 163.3 KB - 343 views
RafGhost_en.zip - 164 KB - 500 views
Thank you. its very nice. i liked it.
Does this app record first lap only of *.raf file?
Quote from vrooom :Does this app record first lap only of *.raf file?

Are you asking, if this application converts only the first lap saved in a .raf-file?
If so: Yes, since a .raf-file only contains one lap.
Quote from vrooom :Does this app record first lap only of *.raf file?

Quote of the year
Nice Addon
NICE ADDON - i don't have to use my tweaky addon to grab replays anymore
Here is the update to get the converter working for 0.5S (edit: and 0.5T).
You can now convert your .rafs, which are using Aston North, Aston Grand Touring and BMW SAUBER. Furthermore the performance has been increased.
The update introduces new features such as a batch converter, a progress information display and a more detailed ghost recording. The fineness is actually high enough to clearly point out shifting points.

Additionally here is a (temporary?) hack to enable the BMW SAUBER in the Ghostcar mod by Keygetys.
Frankly said this hack is highly risky, because I think I have overwritten the car data array bound protection. That means for example if you enter a wrong car identifier (i.e. /ghost load BG1 instead of BF1) that will cause a fatal crash of LFS.
If you take the risk of using the hack, please be sure to back up the original d3d8.dll.

edit:
Hack removed as it is not needed anymore.
#8 - FOSI
ghostmod hack still needed for BF1?
Quote from FOSI :ghostmod hack still needed for BF1?

Well, frankly said it seems so. I don't know why, because on the one hand he already added the BF1.cmx, but on the other hand "BF1" or "BMW SAUBER" aren't even mentioned once in the new d3d8.dll. Moreover it's not even a new dll, it's exactly the same as before.
Quote from Blue-Ray :Well, frankly said it seems so. I don't know why...

I fixed the archive today, for some reason the dll didn't get updated in the archiving process
Hi all; i have tried this software with the raf-files of the XFG and all has worked. When I have tried to convert the raf-files of the FXR the conversion of the file seems that has been done but in reality nothing is changed; the ghost car is still that old. Can someone help me?
Thanks
Quote from Ulisse :Hi all; i have tried this software with the raf-files of the XFG and all has worked. When I have tried to convert the raf-files of the FXR the conversion of the file seems that has been done but in reality nothing is changed; the ghost car is still that old. Can someone help me?
Thanks

There is a check box called "Overwrite existing files" (or something similar). If a file already exists, you need to check this box.
Normally, if a write was not successful, because the file is already there, you should get the message "Not converted: 1", and "Overwrite existing files" becomes red.
I have checked this box and the message is "Not Converted: 0"; but the ghost car has remained that old.
I believe to have effected the correct procedure. With the xfg it works well.
I cat find any lfs RAF files

i have typed in

C:\Documents and Settings\Ben\My Documents\LFS\LFS_S2_ALPHA_U

but when i press analyze, nothing happens?
Quote from Ulisse :I have checked this box and the message is "Not Converted: 0"; but the ghost car has remained that old.
I believe to have effected the correct procedure. With the xfg it works well.

Okay, go to your LFS folder, open "ghostcar\ghost", sort that folder by last change and check, if you actually got the correct raf-File for the right config, please.

edit:
Quote from jaws99 :I cat find any lfs RAF files
i have typed in
C:\Documents and Settings\Ben\My Documents\LFS\LFS_S2_ALPHA_U
but when i press analyze, nothing happens?

There are about three possibilities here.
First: That path looks long. Could you please check, if it is correct by copy/pasting it into the "Run..." window?
Second: You haven't created any raf-Files, yet. Hence, the raf-Folder* is empty.
Third: You have saved them in a different folder, than original supposed to.
(Of course forth: There is something wrong with the program. )

*C:\Documents and Settings\Ben\My Documents\LFS\LFS_S2_ALPHA_U\data\raf
Sorry, i don't understand english very well. Could you repeat the same answer with other words?
Thanks
The path works

I have RAF files

When i click analyze nothing seems to happen . shouldn't i at least get some sort of error message?
Quote from Ulisse :Sorry, i don't understand english very well. Could you repeat the same answer with other words?
Thanks

Open where LFS is, open "ghostcar", open "ghost", look for newest file, check if config is correct.

Quote from jaws99 :When i click analyze nothing seems to happen . shouldn't i at least get some sort of error message?

Took the messages out, when I included the batch processing if I recall correctly. Put them back in now, let's see what you get.

(removed attachment)
Quote from Ulisse :Sorry, i don't understand english very well. Could you repeat the same answer with other words?
Thanks

Miii ma non capisci proprio 'na mazza eh?
Adesso hai capito cosa ti ha detto?
Ok, i have understood the procedure now but as i checks if the configuration is correct?
:d
Quote from Marcutz :Miii ma non capisci proprio 'na mazza eh?
Adesso hai capito cosa ti ha detto?

E perchè non me lo spieghi tu pezzodimerdaccia?
Quote from Blue-Ray :Open where LFS is, open "ghostcar", open "ghost", look for newest file, check if config is correct.

Took the messages out, when I included the batch processing if I recall correctly. Put them back in now, let's see what you get.

now it's saying RAF folder missing and the location i have typed in works in run...
Quote from Ulisse :Ok, i have understood the procedure now but as i checks if the configuration is correct?

...e comunque miglioriamolo questo inglese!! E' inutile che poi ti incazzi se non capisci quello che ti rispondono. Nel tuo ultimo intervento io avrei scritto: "How can I check the correct configuration?"
NGULO

Raf->Ghost-Converter
(41 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG