The online racing simulator
Amazing real life control .. I wonder about LFS
#2 - Byku
All we need is bigger steering angle .
Quote from Byku :All we need is bigger steering angle .

again...

no. we don't need bigger steerig angle.
#4 - Byku
If someone would like to do such a thing in LFS like in the movie, then "yes, we need bigger steering angle" . Oh and, yeah, that was impressive.
I have done this dozens of times in lfs
#6 - senn
Some Points.

1.) LFS used to have something like 40-45 deg lock available for all cars + adjustable track etc etc, but this was removed ages ago for better realism

2.) Look in the unofficial mods thread, pretty sure there's a way to increase lock, just means you can't use it online.

3.) There is hundreds of requests for more lock, but being as it was removed from the game a long time ago, good luck with that.
Quote from The Stig PL :again...

no. we don't need bigger steerig angle.

Steering angle was removed ages ago , yes that is right but do you know the reason ???

LFS physics have nothing to do with the physics that lfs had back then.

But please dont turn the topic to a flame war steering angle was not what i wanted to show here (not only steering angle)

LFS is about replicate real life physics and this is how developers advertise it.

Keep it clean

Thank you
#8 - senn
it was removed, afaik, because real cars don't have that much lock (without some serious steering/suspension modifications, ie Competition Drift cars)

Not trying to flame, just inform.
Quote from senn :it was removed, afaik, because real cars don't have that much lock (without some serious steering/suspension modifications, ie Competition Drift cars)

Not trying to flame, just inform.

I own a Nissan Silvia s14a and the default steering angle of the leading wheel is 45 degrees

Dont tell me that my car isnt real

Thank you
LFS is about racing. Drifting is it's own sport, but please don't come here claiming drifting is racing. Racing is about beeing the fasts man on track, beeing able to react faster than anyone, beeing able to drive lap after lap on the limit and still not crash. Drifting is.. well it's own sport, I don't find it impressive. Sure, it takes some practise/car and probally tallent do drift, but I'd say a man that is good at racing is hell a lot more man than a man that is "good" at throwing his car around the corner.

That of course, is my opinion. I don't see the fuzz about drifting, everyone can do that. It just takes equiptment and time to get good at it, while racing is much more brutal and only some people are capable of beeing able to drive on the limit all the time and drive faster than anyone else.

Therfor, drifting, more lock or whatever that means drifting, please don't put that crap in LFS. Also we are perfectly fine with the XRT,FZ5 and the other cars, they drift more than good enough. The bigger lock will just make it more easier.. or should we say, newbie friendlier? :rolleyes:
Why would we need more steering angle, we just need announcers that go DAHHHHHDUM DOP DUM DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
huh? you can do +115 degrees angle drifts in LFS.
I/everybody can basicly do ~180 degree drifts/slides with rb4.
Quote from The Very End :LFS is about racing. Drifting is it's own sport, but please don't come here claiming drifting is racing. Racing is about beeing the fasts man on track, beeing able to react faster than anyone, beeing able to drive lap after lap on the limit and still not crash. Drifting is.. well it's own sport, I don't find it impressive. Sure, it takes some practise/car and probally tallent do drift, but I'd say a man that is good at racing is hell a lot more man than a man that is "good" at throwing his car around the corner.

That of course, is my opinion. I don't see the fuzz about drifting, everyone can do that. It just takes equiptment and time to get good at it, while racing is much more brutal and only some people are capable of beeing able to drive on the limit all the time and drive faster than anyone else.

Therfor, drifting, more lock or whatever that means drifting, please don't put that crap in LFS. Also we are perfectly fine with the XRT,FZ5 and the other cars, they drift more than good enough. The bigger lock will just make it more easier.. or should we say, newbie friendlier? :rolleyes:

Nahhh you made it once again...

About your "man part" lfs driving or even real life driving isnt something that can make you a man ...

As for our topic i respect your opinion but it is so clearly that you have a bad taste. If steering angle is what needed to make the 1/3 (1/3 for racing 1/3 for cruising) of the lfs owners happy i cant find a reason not to do it.Is it gonna be bad for the racing community? No for the cruising community neither... So?

Be open minded

I started my racing carrier from my early years with karting blah blah blah and today im on the administrating team of the biggest Car-racing club in Greece ( www.mycarclub.gr ) I love racing since i was a child but this isnt our point here not what makes a man (laughin....)

About you comment "drift : everyone can do that" thats right same goes for racing too but i cant compare those two both needs skills.

Let me give you a nice example of what is different from my point of view and my experience. In a Race (Racing) a small mistake can ve corrected through the next laps if you are good , in drifting a small mistake takes you out of the way. Imagine now how does it feels this for the driver and his team because they put the same efford like the racing teams.

Drift cars and race cars (not including GTR and custom race cars) are identical the main difference is on the suspension settings and alignment.

Quote :The bigger lock will just make it more easier.. or should we say, newbie friendlier?

No it will not , it will just open a new potential on how realistic LFS will be comparing to the real life drifting (Even my car have better steering angle from the factory than XRT :P )

Thank you
I am open minded

Ok, I am drunk, sorry.

Well, ok, the man part were for show and to provoke some reaction, I'll slap myself hard for that

Well, you can do what you want in LFS, I won't judge you on that. My personal, and probally bad taste in LFS is the racing part, and of course RALLY PAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKK GRRRRRR FUKC!

So, well for peace and baby jesus, sure, ok, if the devs find time to do this, sure why not, add whatever suitable for drifting, I won't go apeshit for that

Oh and sorry if you felt offended by it, it was by all means not meant as as personal attack on you or any specifiq people that likes this
You made it more clear now

Thank you
lfs is aimed at racing, that you can drift in it is just a bonus... says the guy who plays the game to drift or d&d

Btw, vid was pretty nice. Looks almost un savable to begin with. Wish I could understand japanese!
Quote from jaykay3000 :lfs is aimed at racing, that you can drift in it is just a bonus... says the guy who plays the game to drift or d&d

TBH, it's aimed at whatever the devs aim it at... They could be aiming for a flying unicorn simulator for all you know.
Flying unicorn comes in S3!!!
#20 - Woz
Quote from ZzeCoOl :I own a Nissan Silvia s14a and the default steering angle of the leading wheel is 45 degrees

Dont tell me that my car isnt real

Thank you

Is that 45 total lock as that is only 22.5 either side. Please post spec page with this quoted?

The reason I ask is that whenever somebody asks people to back up claims like that they go quiet. And NO I don't just want a pick of your 45deg as your car could be modded
Quote from wheel4hummer :TBH, it's aimed at whatever the devs aim it at... They could be aiming for a flying unicorn simulator for all you know.

Personally I hope they follow they buggy/baja-thingy they tried back in S1. I don't know where Scawen mentioned it, but it had been testing.
I am sure the physics have evovled pretty much since then, so it most likely would offer great fun.

Alternative racing, like more rallycross and other generes is much wished
Well 36degrees is the steering angle for both wheels in 100% parallel steering.
eg in XRT setting the parallel steering to 0, implementing full Ackerman Geometry, the leading wheel has 43+ degrees angle and the trailing wheel ~30 degrees.

It’s still more than what most sport cars have in stock.
http://kpi.squarespace.com/steering-angle-modifications/

Looks like taking account Silvia S14 service manual page 449 or FA-15 , that S14 has similar leading wheel turning angle with XRT. Leading wheel 39-43degrees and trailing wheel 33degrees.

You need a drift purpose steering modification to have 52+degrees at the leading wheel in order to atchieve what we see in the video above.
It's not in our hands. It's the developers choice.
For me drifting is enjoyable and challenging as it is with current steering angles.
And it is a lot more chalenging with low steering angles in general.

As for the drift vs race debade. Well it's meaningless and for sure It's not covered in simplistic examples.

Quote from ZzeCoOl :In a Race (Racing) a small mistake can ve corrected through the next laps if you are good , in drifting a small mistake takes you out of the way.

There is not an objective way to mesure how big or small a mistake is in different sports. From what I have experienced a "small" mistake can put you out of races too. And from my prespective it's much easyer to cover your mistake while you are always sliding at an angle. But all this is nonesence... what makes it hard is the competition. It's a matter of how competitive your oponent/s is/are.
Quote from kaynd :what makes it hard is the competition. It's a matter of how competitive your oponent/s is/are.

QFT. A good example is Jakg's Caterham Experience Day
Quote from Byku :All we need is bigger steering angle .

And more power. Yes, the favourite drift car, the XRT, is way underpowered compared to real drift cars. And the right setup. Obviously. And skill. Yes, it does need skill. I know because I'm not good at drifting and I don't have skills.

How is it that so many LFS drifters think that if they get a little more steering angle they turn into 1337 d0r1ft0rZ.

Still, even if I can't drift that well, I'm all for adding a more drift oriented car into LFS. Huge power with humongous turbo lag. Extreme steering angle. Ridiculously large spoilerage. And detachable bumpers as it seems to be the norm in drifting to leave your bumper in a hedge.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG