The online racing simulator
How to Make a Drift Setup for XRT?
(25 posts, started )
Hi Guys, I`m tired of downloading tons of setups from other people and it doesn`t suit me, I made one but I cannot Easily Control it

Can someone tell me How to make a Drift Setup for XRT or any RWD car and I use Keyboard I`m kinda used to clutch kicking
Please Begin with 1st Step, 2nd Step and So on...So Can someone teach me How to make a Perfect Drift Setup that can be Easily control, Fast on Corners, and can make Chain Drifts, Using Keyboard
EDIT: And also that can weight transfer easily with out spinning

, Thanks Guys
1. Buy a wheel

Sorry, that's all there is to it.
Quote from AndroidXP :1. Buy a wheel

Sorry, that's all there is to it.

Ehh.... Cant Afford it I`m only 12 and My Mom wont buy me one because hes gonna buy me a Drum Set....
Get a playstation controller, hook it up with a usb cable and you will have much more control than with the keyboard.
Quote from lamerr :Get a playstation controller, hook it up with a usb cable and you will have much more control than with the keyboard.

Okay I will try it.... But How do I connect it to the PC? the controller doesnt have USB plug in
connect it to teh PC the same way you would plug it into your PS3
Well, im givin some little hints then.

Paralel steering 0%
Front toe in: +2 (or a bit more)
Locked diff
Shorter gears
More pressure in tires
Brakes: About 68-72 (front.
Color: Pink

If you don't have a wheel, mouse is the best choise.
Quote from hazaky :Well, im givin some little hints then.

Ah yes, all important, don't forget the green rims
#10 - PoVo
Quote from hazaky :Well, im givin some little hints then.

Paralel steering 0%
Front toe in: +2 (or a bit more)
Locked diff
Shorter gears
More pressure in tires
Brakes: About 68-72 (front.

Ok thanks, Will try it after School, By Shorter gears do you mean I will move the gears to the right?
yes
its not a simple step by step process

first get yout suspension in the back pretty close to the right (tighten)

then dampen it so when you drop it it barely stops before it goes down up and down again.

more sway in front then rear.

clutch lsd with high setting for power, and low setting for off power, with semi-high torque.

tiress norm, with more pressure in rear and not so much in front, with negativeboth front then rear, but much more rear then front

idk how it is with kb

suspension tightening controls how much oversteer it has overall, dampening decides how easy it starts, sway decides, idk, but have that just below central in front and below that in rear

toe dont mess with, because that promotes tire wear in every aspect and drifting doew not need more of that. so ya, try it out

buy a 10$ wal-mart wheel
Quote from logitekg25 :its not a simple step by step process

first get yout suspension in the back pretty close to the right (tighten)

then dampen it so when you drop it it barely stops before it goes down up and down again.

more sway in front then rear.

clutch lsd with high setting for power, and low setting for off power, with semi-high torque.

tiress norm, with more pressure in rear and not so much in front, with negativeboth front then rear, but much more rear then front

idk how it is with kb

suspension tightening controls how much oversteer it has overall, dampening decides how easy it starts, sway decides, idk, but have that just below central in front and below that in rear

toe dont mess with, because that promotes tire wear in every aspect and drifting doew not need more of that. so ya, try it out

buy a 10$ wal-mart wheel

Thank you......... Thank you all for helpin I will make a vid and post it here and tell me if it is good
i helped someone :dopey:
And.... How do I make my car Go faster when I drift when I drift I`m at like 60 -80 I wanna go to 100 or more when I drift ;D How do I make my car go faster when i drift?
Drift less.
Quote from AndroidXP :Drift less.

hehe

@Blacktrackz

I think you forgot the pink color, cause that makes your car go alot faster.
if you can physically not go any faster, then try to put the final drive a little bit toward the right, if it is a too much angle problem, soften the springs a little tiny bit in the back and make the negative camber in the rear a little more
Quote from logitekg25 :if you can physically not go any faster, then try to put the final drive a little bit toward the right, if it is a too much angle problem, soften the springs a little tiny bit in the back and make the negative camber in the rear a little more

Ok thanks
to drift faster you need less angle and higher entry speed. the more angle you have the more speed you loose mid corner but then the cooler it looks and the more smoke it makes.

this is easiest on colder tires as it requires lighter toutch when the tires are hot (most ppl seem to find hot easier) as you generally spin easier or imagine you are trying to drive you lfs car on ice as thats what it feels like (to me) when tires are hot.

westhill is an easy track to practice drifting long and fast.

Practice the controll of your drift with xrt or fz5 is easiest to learn on though you(I) can drift average with the race_s set on xrt so practice the controll and junk then slowly tweak your set as helped by others and u'll be super owning in no time.

A good set is nothing without good controll - eventually you should be able to 'feel' the car sliding and it will all eventually become automatic, turning, using the power and counter steering.

We all sucked at the start

HAPPY DRIFTING!:eclipsee_

Also check out the driff bible (lfs version) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... mp;index=0&playnext=1 which should help when you have a good set

pick up a game controller(xbox/ps2/3) or a wheel as either of these will make drifting easier as sometimes you need a lighter toutch on the power but i've seen some awesome drifters with kb/mouse(not me)
Quote from BlackTrackz :Ehh.... Cant Afford it I`m only 12 and My Mom wont buy me one because hes gonna buy me a Drum Set....

um what

Quote from JordanQ :um what

:detective Hehehe.

Here's a set you may want to try, if you're still having trouble.
Attached files
XRT_drift.set - 132 B - 1288 views
Quote from BlackTrackz :And.... How do I make my car Go faster when I drift when I drift I`m at like 60 -80 I wanna go to 100 or more when I drift ;D How do I make my car go faster when i drift?

push the pedal a bit harder.

(25 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG