The online racing simulator
New filter
(13 posts, started )
New filter
I was thinking about a new filter for searching servers. Such as
Maximum ping : ***. You could type it in by yourself etc etc... Would be easier and faster to find non laggy servers for people with slower connection
+1

Hate when I'm trying to race with bad connection conditions... 2 or 3 hard to find playable servers and a billion demo servers...
+1

That would appear to be a very sensible suggestion. Can't imagine any reason not to have it.
You know that you can just sort the servers by Ping, right?
Quote from zeugnimod :You know that you can just sort the servers by Ping, right?

Isnt it easier to load 30 servers with 50 ping , than 100 servers with 150 ping ?
It's a bit faster if you meant that. But not that much.
#7 - RiGun
It isn't any faster, you have to ping the servers from your PC so in the end It would take the same amount of time, the only difference would be fewer servers on the list.
I'm +1. Not only that it's a good suggestion, but almost every famous MP game has it too.
Quote from broken :...almost every famous MP game has it too.

Almost every famous MP game uses steam/live etc too.

-1, because you can easily sort the servers. Like said earlier: Your computer would still ping the servers, so you don't save any time at all (And selecting the right parameters takes time).
Quote from Gekkibi :Almost every famous MP game uses steam/live etc too.

-1, because you can easily sort the servers. Like said earlier: Your computer would still ping the servers, so you don't save any time at all (And selecting the right parameters takes time).

Well, the suggestion isn't about steam or live support or whatever.
And imo, it would help you get a shorter list. Ok, maybe your PC will spend another second arranging the info, but the list will be picked for your likings.
It isn't faster, but it's more practical. We could use binary code instead of all that interface, it would be faster, but not practical.

Come on, we have that in every holy multiplayer game... if it wasn't worth it, no one would have it...
+/-0

Just order the server list.
This is not CS, there are not 666k servers out there.
it might not make that much of a difference
...other than that the list might indeed get shorter -- only after processing all the server pings.

More convenient for some, that would be -- as you&I&everybody was always only able to sort the list by _the one_ parameter that was most-interesting to the respective user.
On the other hand it would likely spoil the ease of use as well as the simple and direct approach of the lfs user interface by arranging the search-items in a certain hierarchy that must either be known in advance ( like with many counter-strike players ) or easily comprehensible in a self-explanationary way. A huge challenge each time one changes something (or indeed anything -- even small touches ) in that regard.

Keep in mind that not all lfs-players are die-hard all-s(p)orts-gamers and might not even have a clue about the e.g. not-so-comprehensible counter-strike interface. After all, we want to focus on racing, won't we?

(please note that I didn't yet try any of the recent (2 weeks and newer) patches as of yet. I'm still on vacation, kind-of)
Greets
-
(Peissa) DELETED by Peissa

New filter
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG